• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
You don't need to coddle Chariot, but by all means don't sound like a constipated dick. We are debating fiction, this is a hobby for most people here and not a life and death matter, coming off so damn aggressive and outright condescending doesn't help you at all.

But yes, I'll happily unsubscribe. Such a shitty way to undertake your rebuttal just drains energy.

And I'll continue to contest Eficiente seeing as it's clear Eficiente aint gonna bring anything to the table to sway my opinion. At this point it's probably just best for me and Ef to agree to disagree because clearly neither of us are going to change our stances.

It's a hobby of mine too, in fact I really dont care for debating and wont even debate unless I need to in response to something, case and point now, I dont tend to post unless insomeone else posts first, but if someone says something stupid, and repeats it again after the first few times of it being explained said point aint exactly good or even relevant, im not gonna sugarcoat how stupid said claim is after the first time.

It's actually probably best for the entire thread to be put on hold and remade at a later point by OP.

While I agree GER should have at least some of things said in the thread, a much better case could be made and established in the op instead of a bunch of random points here and there and like only a minimal qmount of evidence given in the op.

You deciding that is stupid and going on a spree of insults and condescending remarks is not avoiding the sugar coat, is acting like an ass.

Believe what I say to be as stupid and as none relevant as you want, hat matters literally **** all, don't sound so unnecessarily aggressive. Using your personal bias to decide relevancy and if someone's point is stupid and that as an excuse for acting like that is a bad move. And don't say that isn't what happened, because that's exactly what it looks like.

Regardless, I won't derail anymore.

I curse, oh well, even if some of it came off as demeaning not all of it was, ALthough I wont lie, about half or so was definitely said in annoyance and not in a good light.

I dont even recall if it was you or not who said the thing that I thought was overtly stupid. But whoever it was,the Josuke example is what really got me.

Personal bias? No not really, whoever made the josuke and btd point and me thinking ot was stupid aint a matter of bias, I think that bcause it is. It aint relevant to the context at hand, it's a completely different scenario, it ignores the source material even to an extent and the best part is BTD does have fate manipulation. The point in question is a false equilavency and a blatant one at that. That aint me randomly deciding it is, it is because everything surrounding that example and this are hilariously different, it aint an applicable example in the slightest, it's literally a non-point. And the fact whoever decided to use that as a argument could misinform any onlookers into believing a false equilavency so I'm of course going to point out how bad it is.

I wont say I wasnt rude, not at all, doesnt mean I wont say none of it was warranted though and while some of it was, an I suppose I should apoligize for that, what's done is done and I made sure to not insult anyone personally, that I do make an effort not to do.

GojiBoyForever said:
Not being willing to change your mind during a debate is a not a good idea.
Oh im fine with changing my mind (stonewalling aint good), in fact ive done so a handful of times since joining if substaintial evidence is shown, it's just that it's clear if neither of us have done so at this point, it likely wont happen at all. We aint discussing a something with lots of showings, we're talking of a character who had like 4 chapters of panel time. Not much more can be said sadly.

I doubt any admins will ever agree upon adding these due to how controversial fate manipulation is for this character.

On the topic of GER, does anyone else think that GER actually shot pure energy at Diavolo?

I always interpreted that as him just flicking a small rock in Diavolo's direction and not an energy beam.

Didn't known it was being considered a laser, with the anime aired its pretty obvious that it wasn't.

And the anime aint canon and changed numerous things. If we're using the anime lets go ahead and use Dio and Kars tier 7 feats too.

You see the issue? If the anime in anyway contradicts the manga it gets thrown out.

The manga did that too, except he didnt flick a rock.

The mere fact he didnt flick a rock in the manga yet did in the anime is a contradiction.

And real time? The scene wasnt in erased time or anything, unless you mean the fact it's animated in which case, so?

Plus it'd be irrelevent, it's still energy projection, even if it was a pebble, even the anime shows it as such. But unless there's evidence it happened in the manga and he flicked a rock then using it over the manga is outright wrong.

Double checking the manga, there wasnt a pebble being flicked but there was debree around Diavolo's hand. So maybe he flicked something. Still energy projection regardless though unles you think a rock being turned into a laser beam in both the anime and manga arent energy projection. Although i was ninja'd so idk. And damage that last part is outright wrong, the rock didnt turn into a scorpion, the broken wall did, you see as such plain as day. Having a point on one thing doesnt mean you can say something as dishonest as that a second later, especially when you have the manga open and youre looking at it.

Edit: Plus it wouldnt be a rock, it'd be apart of GE's shell.

Pretty sure that's supposed to be a speed trail / aura, Araki does something similar for bullet projectiles if I remember correctly.

Irrelevent, it's clearly more than just a speed trail, and if we're so keen on using the anime as long as it doesnt contradict the manga, it's clearly shown in that to be energy.

Plus the bullet trails dont look nearly as streamlined as that, they usually have a clear bulbous point indicating it's a bullet and a much darker inked section to indicate the bullet's location. And even then usually it's a streak not a fully streamlined beam from point to finish with no gap. And when it is the former point always apply. At least in the mista panels that i just checked.

Antoniofer said:
I think that even Sex Pistol left that kind of trail, and we known is not energy.
Werent you just using the anime as evidence? Why the sudden double standard?

Ignoring the fact I already mentioned Mista.

Using the manga it quite a lot like Mista's speed trails too. The anime (and manga to a lesser extent) has aura on stuff like this, so not sure why we would assume its suddenly different.

It's not a double standard? Do you know what a double standard is? This is just using evidence from both mediums.

I dont know, probably because there's a clear indicator it's a bullet via the fact there's heavly inked tips, that even transition to show it's the bullets not just art style in the oasis fight. The fact that the anime clearly shows it's a laser, not aura but a straight laser, we know what auras look like in the anime, that aint one, which if you wanted to use the anime as an example, you sure as hell aint backpedaling now.

And the anime doesnt animate Mista's bullets like it did GER's laser, claiming as such is dishonest and even kinda straight up wrong. I think I recall what maybe one or two scenes like that? And even then it aint the exact same.

And as such, the anime clearly shows it's still a laser my dude.

Do I need to frame by frame and post frames of it? It aint even a straight line, it's jagged and has distorted like properties. A laser is kinda the wrong word for it, more like a dbz laser I guess? Regardless, I wouldnt call it strawmanning, if you were all so keen on using the anime, the anie clearly shows it still have explicit energy like properties, that's undeniable, it most certainly aint a speedline in the anime, especially when the anime doesnt use those types of lines in practice and when it does it aint what GER did.

Oh and no, that aint an aura on what GER did, I seriosly hope you can tell what an aura looks like, because that aint it.

But immediately before it shows that what he threw was a rock, which after piercing Diavolo's hand and impacting that wall, turns into a scorpion.

Tbh, I'm fine with it being Energy projection, though I still think he channeled it still through the rock.

GER1
Now tell me if these are also speedlines? Here's a gif.

DMB 1 said:
But immediately before it shows that what he threw was a rock, which after piercing Diavolo's hand and impacting that wall, turns into a scorpion.
Tbh, I'm fine with it being Energy projection, though I still think he channeled it still through the rock.
What? I already conceeded it was probably a rock, even if a rock wasnt shown in the manga, the was debree around Diavolo's hand, that shouldnt be there under no normal circumstances.

Aint a rock thugh, it'd be GE's shell.

Although the scorpion bit is false, the anime and manga both show, in motion, the broken wall turning into scorpions, not the thing he flicked.

Back