• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genshin Impact General Discussion!

Speaking of which.. Would it actually give Mona the advantage of Signora if they were to battle, since ya know she has Liquid Fire magic and all.
No, cause hydro doesn't necessarily mean all form of liquid and she have only shown the ability to manipulate basic water so far, that and Signora fire liquid sound closer to lava then it's water so who know really, guess we gotta wait till Natlan.

question if signora has soul manipulation can she ignore durability to an extant

i mean are there any genshin characters that can ignore conventional durability?

also i want to see if this matchup is possible

because it's negate durability hax. (assuming okuyasu has knowledge and he's bloodlusted)

where did that actually come from?
crimson witch artifacts

the timepiece is said to contain molten souls of evil spirits and a high temperature liquid

but the Goblet said it contains liquid fire which is how Crimson Witch became the embodiment of liquid fire

high temperature liquid is likely liquid fire as well
and molten souls of evil spirits are probably the result of that high temperature liquid burning those souls/spirit

also i want to see if this matchup is possible

because it's negate durability hax. (assuming okuyasu has knowledge and he's bloodlusted)
okuyasu erasing Raiden's sword to block it would be funny to me but it would likely end with each cancelling out each other because they are both spatial manip but he's probably gonna get outskilled and have his dumb nature used against him

question if signora has soul manipulation can she ignore durability to an extant

i mean are there any genshin characters that can ignore conventional durability?
While we’re talking logistics of strategies

I know it would never be in character, but in a bloodlusted match, could a Genshin character enter their elemental form, fly inside of their opponent and materialise again to kill them from the inside out?

okuyasu erasing Raiden's sword to block it would be funny to me but it would likely end with each cancelling out each other because they are both spatial manip but he's probably gonna get outskilled and have his dumb nature used against him

he still has a chance right? (considering raiden can't see or touch his stand. considering you need enhanced non-physical interaction and enhanced extrasensory perception to see and touch stands)

proof

Note: In order to see, touch or sense Stands, the character in question would need some form of enhanced Extrasensory Perception and enhanced Non-Physical Interaction, something above what ghosts can see, sense or touch. This is because not even ghosts or spirts can see or touch Stands, as seen with Reimi Sugimoto interactions with Heaven's Door. Another instance where this happened, was when Mikitaka could not see Crazy Diamond, but was able to see and interact with Reimi Sugimoto.

im very skeptic around intangibility given by stands.

if stands are naturally intangible that's fair and all but if they have to interact or block attacks they have to make themselves somewhat tangible to interact with said attacks thus. i believe they are naturally layered but them not being affected by attacks they selectively interact with is illogical

Now while Genshin still hasn't have enhanced extrasensory, didn't they already have layerd NPI? Like the Oculi that normal people despite being fully capable of beating slime, can't even see let alone touch but Allogene overall can both see and interact with it as stated by Paimon.

While we’re talking logistics of strategies

I know it would never be in character, but in a bloodlusted match, could a Genshin character enter their elemental form, fly inside of their opponent and materialise again to kill them from the inside out?
That would sort of depend on whether or not they can technically just go through matter. Vision users have Elemental Intangibility, so their intangibility works by turning into a substance which would still be material and shouldn't technically be capable of invading a human body without making use of gaps that allow entry. If a Vision user were to do that, they could technically pull off what you are describing but I'd imagine that it would be sort of risky and gross since the Vision user's body would push against their opponent's body from the inside which in itself is probably going to be painful because of the durability and form that the various tissues of the opponent's body like flesh, bones and skin would presumably have and they might come in contact with things like stomach acid and pathogens due to the close proximity and being inside of someone else.

what if venuzdonor clashed with Ei's sword.
I don't know the capabilities of Anos and Venuzdonoa in-depth but that seems like a stomp match to me since Anos and Venuzdonoa have a lot of hax and much higher Tiers as far as I'm aware. See here and here to understand what I'm talking about.

im very skeptic around intangibility given by stands.

if stands are naturally intangible that's fair and all but if they have to interact or block attacks they have to make themselves somewhat tangible to interact with said attacks thus. i believe they are naturally layered but them not being affected by attacks they selectively interact with is illogical

still think mr okuyasu has a chance

Do you think so?

i mean he has intel/knowledge of shogun here.

And he’s morals off here/bloodlusted

so no in-character plot stupidity or anything here.

It’s not in-character bloodlust

it’s me bloodlusting okuyasu

induced bloodlust is what I’m saying so okuyasu is free from character induced stupidity

can you prove it doesn't fall under that as well, considering there are many showings and statements that they just cover themselves, yet there is none for the other.

Well they become about the size of a seelie for starters, you’d be swapping intangibility for size manipulation lol

Well they become about the size of a seelie for starters, you’d be swapping intangibility for size manipulation lol

Those animations aren't consistent with cinematics or in game descriptions. It's just a case of gameplay over canon, since having a massive glowing orb cover half your screen is a bit . . . awkward. To give a very clear example where gameplay and description don't line up, look no further than Ayaka's sprint.

"Ayaka consumes Stamina and cloaks herself in a frozen fog that moves with her."

This is just not what we see in game. Or staying on the topic of plunge attacks, look at Sucrose

"Calling upon the power of her Wind Spirits, Sucrose plunges towards the ground from mid-air, damaging all opponents in her path."

We don't see that either.

To top it all off, in the animation they crouch, with the ball we end up seeing only being slightly smaller. So yeah.

To top it all off, in the animation they crouch, with the ball we end up seeing only being slightly smaller. So yeah.
The ball being smaller at all debunks the idea they’re not being wrapped around because they’d stay the same size or increase in size. Ayaka’s sprint is irrelevant to this current argument, and Sucrose’s description doesn’t directly contradict what the wiki has. It’s better to go with the visual cue in absence of a resounding/conclusive description

The ball being smaller at all debunks the idea they’re not being wrapped around because they’d stay the same size or increase in size.
No? They can just crouch even more. It's really not that big a difference at all. Just to be clear, the glowing bit in the middle is not the full thing. You can clearly see that if you slow it down. Especially during the start of the animation.
Ayaka’s sprint is irrelevant to this current argument
It 100% is, as it shows that animations don't have to reflect what is actually happening. This means it is on you to prove your claim is correct, as I have given evidence that it can not be a default assumption.
Sucrose’s description doesn’t directly contradict what the wiki has
It actually does contradict it, unless you can show me the wind spirit in that animation. We can see it in both her skill and burst, where it is described too.

"Creates a small Wind Spirit that pulls opponents and objects towards its location"
"Sucrose hurls an unstable concoction that creates a Large Wind Spirit."

It’s better to go with the visual cue in absence of a resounding/conclusive description
Not if the gameplay has been shown to be incaccurate and the game offers better explanations. Both in visuals and descriptions. Prove your claim.

anyone have any other copy of scans of barbara running from mondt to dragonspine.
the one in the profile uses discord link so that should be fixed
same goes with her getting training

Back