• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General DC Comics Discussion Thread

There is another one from captain atom 2011 #0 where the doc says a universe has 11 dimensions in it essentially.

I think that it seems far too inconsistent to consider all DC Comics characters as 10- or 11-dimensional, as that would be the logical consequence of 11-dimensional universes.

Also, the story or stories in question should have treated them as higher infinities, or we end up with very unreliable scaling to the greater whole.

I think that it seems far too inconsistent to consider all DC Comics characters as 10- or 11-dimensional, as that would be the logical consequence of 11-dimensional universes.

Also, the story or stories in question should have treated them as higher infinities, or we end up with very unreliable scaling to the greater whole.
It’s not necessarily that. DC with some authors structure it like that but for the most part is far more independent of that 11D theory. In most cases it’s infinite repatriation of Cardinals and Transfinite numbers. It’s unfair to reprise DC to be that low especially given publication history with it being much more than that. By far not the biggest Verse but not a slouch by any mean.

But don't stories build off one another though? If another comic mentioned the dimensions having qualitative superiorities I think it would be fine to apply unless the story in question contradicts that. Writers are building off their stories of what's written by previous writers, wanting them to mention a qualitative superiority in every story seems to be a bit too much.

I really liked the ending of Dark Crisis #4. 😆
Ukz65JQYqdzU90atam7OrmRyhrxuN88EHxfI2nGr4CcJm-70JB7ri8UXRbK_JrZyPSpv6vZh9srMlumXt_A3FuaNDXBEixCbRjD0YjcrBsoPTmL_5NHnwLHAIy8b8g8SOrPut8Xw=s0
vhzcjZGWql2gFD8fyzcR8L8fdoWc5dsuO5-jWsu7PNZGjT1MMqC4MfXW08mrOed8cocOgxTE51bpvYt-xa1TUUBIQPR2q6fjBRMymYxOjsktMi-iwowQj7sVFjOl2PBYEaBjVqE3=s0

It's zero ATM - I do want to catch up on Action Comics and Azrael stuff. But in general, I can't read much comics anymore - limited time and too tired from work lol.

How would that be the logical consequence? Existing in an 11th-dimensional universe =/= being an 11th dimensional being.
Well, regular superheroes regularly physically interact with universe-destroyers, and it wouldn't really make sense for all beings in 11-dimensional universes to not follow the schematics of their surroundings.

In addition, these do not seems to be higher dimensions treated as higher infinities, but rather in the same manner as in our own universe according to M-theory (name?). There are serious inconsistencies from author to author in this regard for DC Comics, and considering characters that can merely destroy universes as 7 degrees of infinity higher than other ones would also set a very bad precedent.

It's zero ATM - I do want to catch up on Action Comics and Azrael stuff. But in general, I can't read much comics anymore - limited time and too tired from work lol.
I actually rather like some of Al Ewing's comic books, along with the current Thor and She-Hulk runs, but that is Marvel Comics.

In any case, I have gone from rather disliking the current publishing eras for the two verses to just being ambivalent/neutral about them. It isn't that big a deal for me anymore.

Well, regular superheroes regularly physically interact with universe-destroyers, and it wouldn't really make sense for all beings in 11-dimensional universes to not follow the schematics of their surroundings.
We don’t scale them to said universe-destroyers, nor do we make them follow the schematics of their 4th-dimensional universe, so I don’t see why it’d be different now.

We don’t scale them to said universe-destroyers, nor do we make them follow the schematics of their 4th-dimensional universe, so I don’t see why it’d be different now.
Because in this particular story the main DC universe seemed to function like ours do in terms of 11-dimensional M-theory mechanics, but our physical bodies are definitely not High 1-C, despite likely being 11-dimensional just like our surroundings.

You need to write something in your personal wiki user page to get rid of the red colour when linking to it.

Back