• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General DC Comics Discussion Thread

3rd one is usable

Also I really hope not every third post on this thread is cosmology related. That shit sucks.

That is the one that I referred to. The first two are clearly about regular timelines.

Yes, we made elaborate research for 2 years to get this right and attempt to make our statistics much more accurate/reliable just because we are "dumb"...

Leaving aside the cosmology side, I was wondering, why is anti monitor's file so badly formatted?

Leaving aside the cosmology side, I was wondering, why is anti monitor's file so badly formatted?

The price of being such an old character

Feel free to improve on it if you wish.

Okay. Tell me here when you are ready then.

What is the highest tier DC will reach under the new revisions? I've heard that it's being downgraded from "High 1-A, possibly 0" to 1-B at best?

I think somewhere in 1-A, but I haven't read our drafts for a while.

dimensions in these scans mean universes
This is Pre-Crisis cosmology, which has nothing to do with DC's later cosmologies or any other fictional cosmology on how they treat the concept of "dimension".

In Pre-Crisis cosmology, the meaning of "dimension" left no room for ambiguity after the release Flash #123, establishing that all physical universes (Earth-1, Earth-2, etc.) exist in a larger Multiverse, all in the same space and time, but differing only in frequency.
RCO009.jpg

One can argue that the 2nd scan refers to physical universes, but not the 1st scan despite the use of the terms "parallel dimensions" (Pre-Crisis 5th dimension was also described in this way), even less regarding the 3rd and 4th scans establishing a vertical hierarchy between these dimensions.

Last edited:
If the Pre-Crisis DC Comics multiverse contained many ascending degrees of infinity, the Anti-Monitor wouldn't have been able to destroy it by just consuming all of the physical universes within it.

Also, I think that Myxyzptlk's 5th Dimension was first established to be two degrees of infinity and geometry superior to regule 3-D beings during "Crisis Time Five" around 1998.

If the Pre-Crisis DC Comics multiverse contained many ascending degrees of infinity, the Anti-Monitor wouldn't have been able to destroy it by just consuming all of the physical universes within it.
Pre-Crisis cosmology was not only infinite in one parameter, but many others including universes and timelines.
The near destruction of the Pre-Crisis is very well documented, and trying to correlate it to a mere cosmology parameter is simplifying the issue of this event which would have to the same effect/outcome regarldess of the cause. In other words, Anti-Monitor would have still destroyed Pre-Crisis cosmology regardless, that's why he was even able to reduce an infinite number of universes into 1 in the first place as it was a decision from DC itself to transition to a new cosmology/narrative framework, not based on any logical principle.
Also, I think that Myxyzptlk's 5th Dimension was first established to be two degrees of infinity and geometry superior to regule 3-D beings during "Crisis Time Five" around 1998.
This is missing the point that is being made.
The point is not about the scale gap in level between each dimension, but how many there were in Pre-Crisis cosmology. Two different things are being addressed there.

Last edited:
But to respond the off-topic point made previously:
There was already an ontological hierarchy between all n-dimensional beings long before Grant Morrison's contribution to the matter. As Mxyzptlk stated about his powers in relation to dimensions lower than his own:
I, a lowly court-jester, could become a king!
pT7svr_pWDIbqN36jQcUUGA7egJzfUdZoGRZSCeO5BJUZGCKfZbO4bTbdkRMwKNzADhBXwAdp44a=s1600

In any case, this fact and the fact that Pre-Crisis cosmology did indeed have an infinite number of dimensions should not be relevant for the next DC revision.

Back