• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gaunter O'Dimm vs Ainz Ooal Gown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Petrification is transmutation, just a more specific type since it's so common, I believe. Not sure how it's handled when each does different stuff.

Petrification is transmutation but it just turns the body into stone, it's not the same as transmuting the body into completely other creature

Let me quote Witcher wiki

"While his name isn't directly mentioned, it's heavily implied that he's the beggar that turned Marlene de Trastamara into a spotted wight in the Blood and Wine expansion through the following:

• A letter found inside the abandoned house states that the beggar sold mirrors
  • It was mentioned that the beggar broke his spoon before casting the curse, just like O'Dimm did before wrecking the ship that was holding Geralt captive
  • O'Dimm's theme music plays in the background while Geralt explains Marlene's curse to his majordomo."
Well, I believe we all know who this guy is. There's only one man who is a "Master Mirror" and breaks spoons before contracts.

A majority of O'dimm's abilities are either implied, from statments or off screen... As I understand it he's not really meant to be a big in your face villian he's more an observer that likes to play evil games.

Fricken same, I saw this same debate on space battles and the conclusion was nobody fricken knows cause we barely know anything about gaunter's full capablities/mindset in a combat scenario.

Though I'm a big gan of his character, dude is one of the best written villains out there

I guess we can close this since it's pretty much a stomp

Im sure he is but he's very clearly not meant to be a strait up combatant which makes him hard to quantify/use in a vs debate scenario. (I still need to get around to playing the witcher three...Im lazy) Yeah this should be closed.

i mean, if Gaunter keeps coming back, it doesn't matter if Ainz runs through every resource he has and kills him 100 times, Gaunter's gonna eventially use something that works on Ainz

i assume this type of result is a stomp, since Ainz literally can't combat him being an Abstract

He can take over the world and create an Utopia where evil doesn't exist, making Gaunter cease to exist as a result.

Which is what he's doing in canon. Sasuga Ainz-Sama!

Ainz clearly uses his Social Influencing and charisma to get Gaunter, the personification of evil, to be his ally, in a tomb of at least 90% evil people

Sasuga, Ainz-sama!

So this is either inconclusive or potential victory for Gaunter if the battle prolong enough?

Why are there so many damn 'Possibly's on that profile?

The fact that he is the root of all evil

Including wars, murder, everything. And he wasn't the one to do evil things, but that was because of twisted desires of people that he granted

Well yeah thats good but that doesn't really make nazericks evil small fry, they skin people alive and make them eat their own children after starving them for days on end all because demuirge finds it mildly amusing. He also cuts people open and switches their organs around with animals and other humans to see the interaction with healing magic/see how long he can keep them alive.

Sounds like the crones would be good interns for nazerick, question on what scale do the crones/witchers do this? Demiurge was doing this to an entire kingdom of people...

Witchers =/= Witch hunters

But let me just quote Geralt himself to settle this.

"Evil is evil, Stregobor. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit. I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all."

Sounds to me like demuirge is on a bigger scale :p There actually was a character in overlord who refused to choose the lesser of two evils, a women that refused to compromise her morals or integrity in the face of adversity...It didn't end well for her.

SpookyShadow said:
That doesn't seen to be the case to the honest.

Ainz can interact and harm to non-corporeal begins, True Death The Goal of All Life is Death had the potentially to kill Gaunter, he possess resistence to most Gaunter's abilities, Wish Upon A Star could be able to potentially kill or incapacitate Gaunter and Ainz had several ways to seriously damage Gaunter (True Death, Hell Flame, Reality Slash, Astral Smite and Wish Upon A Star).

I'm not saying that Ainz would win, but i do not think that it would be a stomp in favour of Gaunter.

The pen or the sword said:
The issue isn't really interacting with/hitting O'dimm the problem is O'Dimm will just keep coming back
On that i can agree for the most part, although if Ainz cannot kill him, could instead try to BFR?

Also, while that's true, O'Dimm will also have difficulty defeat him due of having high resistance to most of his abilities.

So again, if neither O'Dimm or Ainz had quick ways to defeat the other, it shouldn't count as a stomp, at most its a win in favour of O'Dimm.

If someone can't ever do anything to opponent - stomp

Gaunter has his own dimension he can freely teleport to, BFR is nothing

SpookyShadow said:
If someone can't ever do anything to opponent - stomp
Ainz can do a lot of things to him, the only thing its seen he will be unable to do is kill him.

SpookyShadow said:
The Demiurge guy sounds like a big degenerate tho, gotta give him that.
Lol yeah demuirge was made by a guy who romanticized the idea of evil and loved to play the big bad villain and thus he wrote demuirges backstory to be as sadistic, depraved and evil as he possibly could.

While it seems awful in new world it's worth remembering ulbert made an npc in a game, it was never supposed to have any consequence beyond the game. Yet now that demurige is sentient with all his depraved Backstory...well...Yeah

Honestly it's one of the more interesting points in the series, ainz as emotionless and evil as he comes across at times is the way he is mostly due to how he built his character in a game. He roleplayed an undead necromancer, except now hes actually an undead with all the consquences such a state of being entails.

edit ps they also filled people with coachroaches that ate them from the inside out, they kept them alive with healing magic and just kept letting the cockroaches eat them...

Ainz can do a lot of things to him, the only thing its seen he will be unable to do is kill him.

He can do whatever he wants, Gaunter keeeeps coming and coming to turn him into a spotted wight.

Im leaning on stomp eventually gaunters going to transmute ainz to win. While ainz counters many of his other abilties and has many abilities that can temporarily remove O'dimm he will simply come back each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back