• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gaunter O'Dimm vs Ainz Ooal Gown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ainz can't deal with abstracts, and even if he could, he can do nothing against Gaunter's immortality

Gaunter is 4-A

Ainz gets his soul stolen and is transmuted into spotted wight.

Assuming both are 7b alot of gaunters abilities that would work against ainz have a possibly next to them. Bfr's useless due to gate, his transmutation has possibly next to it, his time stop gets resisted, his plot manip is again possibly same with his type eight immortality, his ressurection can be negged by true death, ainz resist his soul hax (Both absorbtion and erasure) Ainz biggest issue is abstract.

The pen or the sword said:
Listed as possibly abstract as well...
Yeah, because he is literally said to be evil incarnate/embodiment of all evil in all studies that make men go blind if they read about him. He is abstract and can't die.

Ecept thats not fully accepted looking at his profile it even says (Should he truly be the root of all evil as posited by Professor Shakeslock and the research material found in his house, and is stated to be the "Evil Incarnate" many times, also stated that he can't be truly killed) He's not garenteed to be an abstract.

If it's all accepted possibly should be removed....

He even said himself too that he cannot die and will come back

also if gaunter defeats the ainz ooal gown would he be placed as the second strongest non smurf character in 7-B tier?

There were 2 CRT's already that were accepting that fact, so feel free to ignore the "should" part.

Actually he's also guaranteed 4-A because he created pocket dimension with stars. Idk why he still has that 7-B key, I guess just in case.

It's just a thing too controversial to FULLY apply, but by verse, he is abstract as he's embodiment of evil and the root of it. Nothing contradicting that, but everything telling that he is abstract.

Then why are half his abilities listed as possibly and why does he only have a possibly 4a. Either make a crt/edit the profile

Really cause it seems to me he made a statment that we don't fully accept as factual and a bunch of his abilities are implied/lack feats. In which case ignoring the possibly abilities he doesn't have anything to put ainz down.

edit he may replace ainz but If he's an abstract construct I get the feeling he's probably a smurf.

>nothing to put ainz down

>Ainz doesn't resist transmutation

Also I'm VERY sure we use the "possibly" things. There is enough proof for it, same with the pocket dimension. It's just listed as possibly. It was never doubted by anyone but you on this site.

It's literally stated his root of all evil but quite a believable source being game itself and a professor doing research on him and he was called evil incarnate, not only that, he can't be killed and will be back and said himself that he can't be touched in his little song.

i dont understand why we have them marked as possibly if he absolutley has them all. Why not just list them? Even his transmutation is listed as possibly, thats why I said nothing to put him down outside the abilities listed as possibly. If it's such an excellent source it shouldn't be a big deal to get the profile edited to do away with the pointless possiblies!

It's because the wiki adds the controversial abilities very cautiously. There is proof for that, and nobody can even harm Gaunter in verse, and add to that everything stated in the game.

Transmutation also has the proof but is listed as "possibly". If it was rejected, it wouldn't be here at all, so I guess it can be used. Idk what's the problem

How its not garenteed he has them? Didn't you read too many times already that Gaunter has all of them and showed all of them?

Well his 4a key has a possibly and the op can seemingly rule wether or not we use 4a or 7b. Im trying to figure out how we treat possibly abilities.... I read it then I read the profile and all them had possibly next to them so Im trying to figure out why he has the word possibly next to so many abilities if he just straight up has them.

Since it seems likely the possibly ratings will be removed this is an absolute stomp. Even without them removed Im pretty sure the abilities are still accepted regardless of the possibly rating so it's a stomp regardless. Ainz can do nothing to a abstract.

Sorry I got annoying about this I just don't understand the point of having possibly abilities on a character when they absolutly have them.

Ainz can neg ressurection but I don't think he can deal with Gaunter coming back due to being abstarct...Saying that how long does it usually take gaunter to come back?

Only if Gaunter wanted to go into a game with him. And it's highly unlikely considering there's no specific wish that Ainz has and he doesn't know anything about Gaunter. That's a highly in-verse thing.

Fair on knowledge but as for a wish ainz does have one that he wants above all others...

edit wait da F is happening to geralts neck in that first shot...

Ainz should resist transmutation due to even low level monsters having petrifying gazes. Although I guess it depends on how the transmutation works.

He resist petrification (We added that a while back iirc) but Im not sure how we translate between petrification and transmutation. Sounds above ainz defense as it only covers stone transmutation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back