• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems random I know but I wanted to get the expert opions of people on this site.

Fight is based on a video I saw on YouTube, but the channel is mostly memes so I feel like more expert opinions are needed to decide this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMlSuNgPsiM

Battle takes place in the Judgement Hall. Speed is equalized. Both are fighting with aim to kill.
Garnetart
Badass sans by nightmaker-d9yznhp
Genocide road sans

Gem physiology hard counters gravity manip, shapeshifting and precog counter danmaku, lack of souls counter soul manip

Hmm...

He bypasses dura throug soul hax and doing continous damage ignring the dura. The latter only ever worked on flowey, and assuming that he can use it on someone thousands of times stronger would need actual proof.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
He bypasses dura throug soul hax and doing continous damage ignring the dura. The latter only ever worked on flowey, and assuming that he can use it on someone thousands of times stronger would need actual proof.
He doesn't. Like any monster, he damages both the soul and body equally. Also it's hax. Unless we're talking about higher dimensions, we don't need to prove it would work against stronger beings.

Yes.He damages body an soul. How does that contradict what I wrote?

And the hax is simply him ignoring durability. It's in-verse explaination relies on game mechanics, and even then Garnet could tank it for longer than Sans can use it.

You assume that he only damages Frisk' soul or something when that's not the case.

Yet this explanation doesn't work and is not the interpretation we use, otherwise Sans would be Low 7-C or something.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
You assume that he only damages Frisk' soul or something when that's not the case.
Yet this explanation doesn't work and is not the interpretation we use, otherwise Sans would be Low 7-C or something.
No, I did not.

Again, no. Beyond azatoth using this explaination in his own blog, sans does a set amount of damage, regardless of dura. Garnet can take millions of times more than what frisk could.

CrimsonStarFallen said:
Sans doesn't bypass dura just by soul damage.
He can teleport a bone inside Garnet and call it a day.
No.

He does a set amount of damage, regardless of tier. That doesn't help here.

And it would just fall out, and wouldn't kill garnet regardless.

You did. Your interpretation that Sans needs soul manipulation to hurt Frisk implies that he doesn't damage Frisk at all.

Said blog is also horribly outdated in many ways and shouldn't be used as an end-it-all proof. The game explanation implies that Sans can deal 1/92th of Frisk's dura with his normal attacks, which is not the case. Therefore we don't use it.

So it's Sans up against a soulless, boneless, organless opponent who has precognition to predict his attacks with, resistance to gravity manipulation, and is far more durable then any 3-D character in his universe.

Curbstomp, thy name is Garnet.

You did. Your interpretation that Sans needs soul manipulation to hurt Frisk implies that he doesn't damage Frisk at all.

No. I am one of the first ones that pointed out that he could ignore the dura of flowey and shit. Pretty sure weekly can confirm that too.

Said blog is also horribly outdated in many ways and shouldn't be used as an end-it-all proof. The game explanation implies that Sans can deal 1/92th of Frisk's dura with his normal attacks, which is not the case. Therefore we don't use it.

Good thing it wasn't an end-proof then, yeah? He does a set amount of damage, the nlf of disabling any non-higher D dura aside (Most hax is hax because it doesn't affect the body directly like that. This is akin to saying that someone who powernulled a tier 9 can powernull a tier 7) the amount of that set damage that garnet can tank is far higher than his stamina allows to dish-out.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
@Wright Half of your points are meaningless. Sans never required the opponent to have bones or internal organs to fight and can ignore durability.
I say someone argue that he'd teleport a bone inside her to ignore durability. That wouldn't work as she has no bones or organs to damage inside her.

Then please, enlighten me on the interpretation that was accepted.

Which hax btw? Because I feel it will be a false equivalency.

There wasn't. Which is an issue I tried to bring up countless times but was ignored. His profile doesn't even state he can ignore dura right now (outside of the basic durability bypass of all monsters), which is an issue.

Existence Erasure, Matter Manip, etc.

@Weekly According to her own profile, she can still be forced back into gem form with enough physical damage. Also precognition likely won't be as effective if she has no idea how Sans works.

Well, if it wasn't agreed on you calling my interpretation false seems rather... unfounded. Regardless, much like with anything lse, make a crt, message the more knowledgable members and only then bring it up, as using stuff that wasn't accepted kinda makes the arguments not usable until they are accepted.

EE... depends on the kind, but most often the body isn't involved beyond being made to disapear.

Matter Manip affects atoms and their bonds, it doesn't destroy your body.

And yes, it was a false equivalency. Only because those are hax it desn't make them similiar. This is more akin to power null, as it's essentally that, but with dura.

Holy crap I left for like 20 minutes to get some food, I come back and there's like 30 responses.

Anyways, yeah I gotta give this to Garnet, stamina is the biggest thing working against Sans here, and Garnet has mre than enough patience to wear Sans down. Though I should point out that Sans being aware o timelies does give him some sense of the future, just something to consider.

It wasn't agreed on anything particular, and certainly not the game mechanic one. Which, as I said, doesn't work and misinterpret how it's presented in-game. Also if you want to be nitpicky to this extreme, technically Sans doesn't currently ignore durability at all due to lacking any explanation on his profile.

Atoms are part of your body. So yes it counts.

CinnabarManx421 said:
Holy crap I left for like 20 minutes to get some food, I come back and there's like 30 responses.

Anyways, yeah I gotta give this to Garnet, stamina is the biggest thing working against Sans here, and Garnet has mre than enough patience to wear Sans down. Though I should point out that Sans being aware o timelies does give him some sense of the future, just something to consider.
You can't vote on your own thread.

Sans being awere of the future is absolutly useless here. He cannot properly predict it, probably needs equipment for it and it didn't help him all that much regardless.

The Wright Way said:
CinnabarManx421 said:

You can't vote on your own thread.
Srry I'm still new to this.

@Saikou Too bad Sans doesnt have the AP to be able to damage her to the point where she'd be forced to retreat into her Gem as she can regenerate normally from any damage he can possibly do to her, which wouldnt even happen as she'd unfuse into Ruby and Sapphire before that happened.

She doesnt need to know how he works as she can SEE how he works via precog. She'd see all of the attacks he could possibly use and move to counteract them based on the situation.

Seriously though sai, do share how you think sans's dura negation works, and why. I have my own reasons to beleve the set damage, as it's the closest thing will ever get to accurate without relying on game mechanics.

Technically, no one has actually said who they're voting for yet but Ricsi, Weekly, and Wright all appear to be pulling for Garnet, while Saikou is pulling for Sans.

I know, I just said no one's actully said who they're voting for yet.

I don't know you might pull a fast one on me and vote Sans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back