• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Game Sonic Possibly 2A via being a Different Universe From Archie Sonic's cosmology This Needs to be addressed because it might scale to Eachot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game Sonic Verse was confirmed a Zone in Archie Sonic Comics by Ian Flynn

Ian Flynn confirmed that another time another place is the game Sonic universe

https://www.sonicstadium.org/2010/11/sonic-colors-adaption-interview-sonic-writer-ian-flynn/

"TSS: This is…I believe the third game adaption in the book to use the setting "Another Time, Another Place".

Do these stories all take place in the same universe?

IF: They could be ― call it the "SegaSonic Universe" if you like. Or they could each be their own zone. It's entirely up to the preference of the reader.

TSS: Are these stories basically meant to take place in the game canon?

IF: More or less, but it varies from project to project. The "Sonic and the Black Knight" tie-in was almost shot-for-shot, word-for-word the opening sequence so it's obviously the same thing. "Sonic Colors" will be a little more liberal, but it's still true to the source, so you can take it as a retelling or a synopsis.

TSS: Will we be seeing Orbot, Cubot, or Yacker in this adaption?

IF: Yes on all three counts!

TSS: Do you have to work under any special restrictions for these types of stories?

IF: Aside from the tighter deadline, we really have to be true to the SegaSonic art style and accurate to the story. For instance, I couldn't add Amy into the story if I wanted because she isn't in the Wii version, and that's the version we're adapting.

TSS: Back in the day, the comics use to reserve substantially more space for in-continuity adaptions of the games. Why don't we see those anymore? Might we ever see them again?

IF: Part of it stems from the game's having much bigger stories. The more involved the game plot, the harder it is to integrate it into the comic's plot. This ties directly into the next issue, which is time. We usually work six months ahead, and the game tie-ins are usually requested with much less time to work with. This means adjusting the publishing schedule, the story order, and taking the plot of the game and whatever's currently going on into account. Add on top of that the higher level of scrutiny since it's a direct tie-in story, and it simply becomes unfeasible to do stuff like the Sonic Adventure tie-ins. For now and the foreseeable future, we're sticking with the elegantly simple "Another Time, Another Place" option."

Another Time Another Place is the SegaSonic Universe.

SegaSonic is Game Sonic (It is Sonics series published under Sega's Brand Which is the games hence SegaSonic)

Now I'm not too sure how to go about Scaling Game Sonic Verse Scaling To Archie Cosmology (Which I'll happily debate) but Solaris was capable of collapsing everything into nothingness.

But some will Very will deny this notion so? What shall I do? I'll explain this from an entirely new angle so this might have a bigger crust of being accepted.

Sonic Boom Comics Takes Place In the same universe as the tv series/games https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwbooks/article/Archie-Comics-and-SEGA-Announce-Plans-For-Sonic-Boom-Comic-Book-Series-20140716

" the comic series will reside in the same story universe as the TV series and games"

Sonic Boom Games is a prequel to the tv series https://www.google.com/amp/s/gamerant.com/sonic-boom-tv-show-game-wii-u-3ds-trailer/amp/

"Tying in with the new television announcement came word that a Sonic Boom video game will also be released exclusively on the Nintendo Wii U and 3DS. The new title acts as a prequel to the events in the animated show"

Sonic Boom is a Parallel Universe to The games https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sega-explains-sonic-and-knuckles-new-look/1100-6418328/

"The announcement described Sonic Boom as taking place in a parallel universe to the existing Sonic the Hedgehog franchise"

the sonic boom series is a parallel universe to the game sonic universe, the sonic boom series is a parallel universe to Archie Sonics multiverse so by canonical origin and extension the same would apply to the games.

how does Game super sonic scale to this?

https://info.sonicretro.org/images/6/6f/Sonic06_Prima_digital_guide.pdf#page=311%E2%80%AC] (Page 319)

Solaris can collapse everything into nothingness

Game Sonic could potentially be Multiverse+ or higher because of this..... please don't kill me

I hate to break this to you, but absolutely nothing is new here. And we are definitely not merging Archie Sonic and Game Sonic as the same multiverse or scaling everyone here and there.

@DarkDragonMedeus don't be sorry but I don't exactly see why not, they are evidently in the same cosmology.

Because Ian Flynn isn't in charge of the entire Sonic franchise. And on top of that, "Another time and another place" means absolutely nothing about it being part of the same multiverse. In fact, it means they're completely separate continuity altogether. All of this has been discussed to exhaustion long before Zastando and many others came here. And I know for certain that Matthew Schroeder, Sera Ex, Dark649, ect have also been involved in previous discussions involving this.

2-A Super Sonic would be cool, but this does seem invalid for DDM's reasonings. We already have two 2-A Super Sonics, anyways.

@Medeus hold up ZaStando already recognized that and explained how Sonic Boom's existence in Archie is a parallel universe to The games so by extension The Game universe is another universe to the Archie Sonic Cosmology. At this point it wouldn't be a stretch to consider this once again.

@The Smashor it's not invalid exactly, it has things to consider about. We should attempt to look in Sonic as a whole not just what his variations has and stop there.

Sonic Boom is also just a separate continuity that no character in the main game series has any effect on nor vice versa. It's completely non-canon to the main series.

@DarkDragonMedeus no that's not exactly how it works, as Imagine pointed out I explained this in another fashion but I'll explain it again, even if that was the case Sega basically allowed Game Sonic to be a part of the cosmology with Sonic Boom's Existence, the sonic boom Comics takes place in the same universe as the games/tv series, the tv series/games is a parallel universe to the games, the tv series/games as such is a parallel universe to Archie and hence the game universe would follow suit. They evidently take place in the same cosmology either way. That's how I view it with evidence. Again Ian Flynn confirmed it was a Zone, a Zone is part of Archie Terminology as something of a universe in Archie cosmology so a separate continuity is a stretch.

Just because Game Sonic is canon to Archie Sonic doesn't mean Archie Sonic is canon to the games; it's a similar concept to Hyrule Warriors or DCAU being canon to the comic book DCAU adaptations but the other way around. Sonic Boom does have the games and tv series part of the same continuity and may be contained within Archie comics, but none of that affects the main canon video games,

@DarkDragonMedeus just nope. the boom series is a parallel universe to the games if you read everything you'd know this, it's simultaneously a parallel universe to Archie and the Games, you're kind of missing the point. The Multiverse has certain view points of continuity you should recognize that. You're trying to divide the two with something it isn't. Scans show boom is a parallel universe to the games and Archie too.

If you were to look at the actual thread Zastando made, you would see links confriming the Sonic Boom comics is canon to the Sonic Boom TV Show and games, and the Sonic Boom TV Show and or games is a parallel universe to the main Sonic franchise, all of this that I'm speaking Zastando proved with links on this thread.

Just read the links and you'll find this out.

I already addressed that point. Yes, the Sonic Boom comics, video games, and cartoons are part of their own Sonic Boom continuity, but none of that is canon to either Classic Sonic nor Modern/Adventure Sonic's continuity.

@DarkDragonMedeus again parallel universe. You're bringing up canon when that's the issue at hand because they are parallel universes to each ones own, you keep bringing up the another time another place argument when me and ZaStando is using another work around, since Boom is a parallel universe to Archie And The Games it kind of unifies the two so to speak.

All of this effects the game continuity, Zastando presented links of the Archie Sonic Boom comics being apart of the Boom TV Show and comics, and the Archie Sonic Boom comics are a zone in Archie, so if all of this is a parallel universe to the games including the Archie comics books, Game Sonic is a zone in Archie.

They are saying that Boom is part of the main game canon as a alternative universe, though I don't think we can only use promotional material, since that's never stated in the actual games

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I already addressed that point. Yes, the Sonic Boom comics, video games, and cartoons are part of their own Sonic Boom continuity, but none of that is canon to either Classic Sonic nor Modern/Adventure Sonic's continuity.
It would so be canon, if the Archie Boom comics are in the same universe of the Sonic Boom TV Show and games, which the Sonic Boom TV Show and games are confirmed to be a parallel universe to the main Sonic franchise and canon by SGEA, it would mean the Sonic Boom comics and events take place in the same universe of the Sonic Boom TV Show ultimately meaning it's a parallel universe to the games.

Just saying Yes, the Sonic Boom comics, video games, and cartoons are part of their own Sonic Boom continuity, but none of that is canon to either Classic Sonic nor Modern/Adventure Sonic's continuity doesn't negate the fact it was proven otherwise.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
You do know another time another place as the game series has generations right?

Sonic Boom is a parallel to Archie but also canonically a parallel to the games, so..... as I've been trying to point out, the game series is a parallel zone to Archie because of this.

@Maverick it's not about canon since the concept of zones and parallel universes is canon to Archie with boom and games being there to that amount. If you don't like the another time another place then there's the boom multiverse unification argument which kinda removes the canon problem.

This is still all quantity and no quality. And Sonic Boom being "Parallel Universe to the games" doesn't mean it's part of Game Sonic's multiverse; especially if various authors often don't know what universe or multiverse mean. It's still non-canon to the main series and it won't upgrade game Solaris by any means or in turn scale to any of the canon characters.

Again, this has been rejected countless times. @Earthyboy, that's not how it works. You can't just use a majority argument and push for an exaggerated upgrade and "Make staff agree." When there are no facts to be had.

It being brought up and rejected multiple times is more than enough reason to make it a Discussion rule though.

@DarkDragonMedeus no, it's all quality according to the scans I read, no, it justifies the cosmological connection between the series and might I add make a new scale for the games, how in any case is being a parallel universe not taking place in the same multiverse? Blaze's dimension is parallel universe to the Game Series so automatically we know it takes place in the same multiverse. Also said authors agree it's a parallel universe to the games and Archie so in extension it makes a new scale for the games.

Yes it may have been but it's still worth a try with a new bit of info ZaStando put out.

The difference is that Blaze's Dimension actually has been shown to interact with Sonic's Universe and thus has a proven canon. Sonic Boom does not and is even something Sega wants to forget about for obvious reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back