• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Game Sonic Possibly 2A via being a Different Universe From Archie Sonic's cosmology This Needs to be addressed because it might scale to Eachot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oblivion Lightning said:
How about the fact that the gap between 2-A and 2-C is infinite and besides Solaris would be the only being to be able to preform such a feat
It's not consistent at all
It's only inconsistent if it contradicts something, you haven't provided anything which contradicts this at all.

Unoriginal Memes said:
Earthyboy said:
Your ignoring the fact we have Sonic Boom proving the game universe is in the Archie cosmology. It's only an outlier of something contradicts it in any way shape or form.

You completely ignored the fact SEGA would support Ians statement via Sonic Boom and other notable stuff.
What is with you and saying that? An outlier is not just something that is contradicted. An outlier is something that is way superior or inferior to the normal, consistent feats of a character.
If you were to look up on the outlier or inconsistency page you would fine an example of Goku unable to lift 40 tons, it's contradicted by something right? It's contradicted by numerous feats he does.

@ShadowWarrior1999 it is legit from a good stand point.

Parallel Universes in sonic is a different dimension, different dimensions in sonic means other universes, this is consistent throughout the series.,

I feel like we've already established why Sonic Boom would make the games exist in the Archie cosmology, we've given reasons why it's this specific definition of a Parallel Universe.

You still haven't given me feats which would contradict this 2-A feat have.

Unoriginal Memes said:
Here's the literal definition of outlier (Definition 3A). It even says it on the outlier page itself: "An Outlier is an event or incident that is considered to be completely and irreconcilably inconsistent with a character, entity, group, or series' normal displayed level of power." It's not that difficult to spot. Don't cherry pick things from the page.
Notice how it says inconsistent. If you look on the page for inconsistency it gives characters having feats which are supposedly contradicted by there actual showings and feats, generally being an inconsistency.

An outlier is something that is extremely different to the norm, it just happens to be contradictory in most cases.

Anyways, it sounds like a case where its being described as an alt. canon rather than an actual parallel universe. That or its an Archie version of the video games, kinda like how Into the Spiderverse has universe 616 but its clearly not actually the comic universe 616.

You know why it's contradicted? Because the game characters have never shown power even close to 2-A. And why would we take a reference as proof that two universes are intertwined? The MLP IDW comics have multiple references to the show, but we don't take that as evidence they are the same.

And just like the MLP show/IDW comics, the canon universe fails to even acknowledge the existence of the comic universe.

Nothing in the main series has to indicate it, when SEGA themselves literally give evidence there connected in some sort of way.

You have still yet to prove it's that definition for parallel universes, since in Sonic parallel universes usually mean other dimensions which Sonic can be crossed or crossed into.

SomebodyData said:
An outlier is something that is extremely different to the norm, it just happens to be contradictory in most cases.

Anyways, it sounds like a case where its being described as an alt. canon rather than an actual parallel universe. That or its an Archie version of the video games, kinda like how Into the Spiderverse has universe 616 but its clearly not actually the comic universe 616.
This.

Unless SEGA themselves confirm that the Sonic Boom COMICS universe and the Archie comics universe is canon to Sonic Boom's TELEVISION Universe & the actual canon to the games, this is a no for me dawg. Yes, "Another time, Another place" is the game universe but that doesn't automatically mean Archie is canon to the actual, canonical game universe that's managed entirely by SEGA & Sonic Team themselves unless stated otherwise. The Boom comic was based by the television universe, not literally following the events of it unlike IDW's Sonic. The "Another time, Another place", while clearly based on the games, doesn't mean the Archie is all of sudden canon to the games.

Ian Flynn is just the writer of an entirely separate company from SEGA that has the right to Sonic Team's characters, but he's not the head of Sonic Team and thus, his continuity is his own continuity and not the one managed by Sonic Team, nor is his continuity shown in the games. Could be "possibly" part of the canonical game Sonic's multiverse, but until there's legitimate evidence and not just "Archie Sonic has a multiverse and game Sonic is shown in Archie and so is Boom", even though these are completely separate entities, it doesn't make sense to assume otherwise.

Though, I do agree with Boom's TELEVISION/VIDEO GAME universe being apart of the main Sonic's multiverse.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
TheImagineBreaker121212 said:
@ShadowWarrior1999 it is legit from a good stand point.

Parallel Universes in sonic is a different dimension, different dimensions in sonic means other universes, this is consistent throughout the series.,
That still doesn't prove they're connected when nothing in the actual material indicates it is.
Also: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AlternateContinuity
Are you serious? It's legitimately confirmed a parallel universe. The WoG said it's a parallel universe, parallel universes in the series are parallel universes.

It's not a alternate continuity.

Unoriginal Memes said:
You know why it's contradicted? Because the game characters have never shown power even close to 2-A. And why would we take a reference as proof that two universes are intertwined? The MLP IDW comics have multiple references to the show, but we don't take that as evidence they are the same.
And just like the MLP show/IDW comics, the canon universe fails to even acknowledge the existence of the comic universe.
Despite the Solaris feat showing they can reach power close to 2-A. It's not even a refrence, it's literal proof the games and Archie are canon.

The Sonic Boom comics are proven to be canon to the TV Show of Sonic Boom, as provided by the links of Zastando in this.

@Unoriginal Memes it's stated to be so, it's a parallel universe to Archie and it is a parallel universe to the games, you could pause a bit and do the math.

I'm legit just gonna leave this thread up to @Zastando and @ImagineBreaker since all of your points I have already addressed and countered and you keep repeating the same thing, so it's all just Ad Nauseam.

Zastando I wish you good luck on this, because appearently the people in this thread like to do Ad Nauseam a whole lot.

SomebodyData said:
Quoting because I think it got ignored.

@ZaStando So? As I already explained parallel universe can also mean a separate continuity. Nowhere is Boom even referenced in the actual games.

It might be a good idea to close the thread at this point, since it's going nowhere.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
@ZaStando So? As I already explained parallel universe can also mean a separate continuity. Nowhere is Boom even referenced in the actual games.
You have no proof it is merely referring to continuity. Occams Razor says my claim for Boom being a parallel universe to The Games is justified. It shows in the interviews.

@ZaStando Actually Occam's Razor would favor the claim that parallel universe is referring to continuity. The characters are completely different from their game counterparts and nowhere, and I mean nowhere is Boom referenced in the actual games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back