• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Game Sonic Possibly 2A via being a Different Universe From Archie Sonic's cosmology This Needs to be addressed because it might scale to Eachot

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Appeal to Popularity" is not the debate. And actually, that's hypocrisy as fanbase wars is the main thing staff are trying to avoid. It's about accuracy, not fanservice. We don't care about verses we like more being rated lower than the verses we don't like as much so as long as the feats are legit/concrete/accurate. Still, given the countless Sonic revisions we've been having as of late and have always been having, this is literally no different or better than those previously mentioned.

I'm at least glad that Zastando and Imagine has been behaving better, but it is in the Discussion Rules that Discussion Mods and Admins have to be the ones who accept changes before anything can be done. Anyway, sometimes; authors use "Parallel Universe" as a turn that it takes place in a different canon. For Example, Toriyama said the Anime adaptation of Dragon Ball, DBZ and DBGT all take place in a parallel universe from the main Dragon Ball canon. It doesn't mean it's part of the canon multiverse with many timelines.

DC Comics has also said the same thing about DCEU or DCAU, ect. Anyway, we can ask Dark649 or other staff members who play Sonic to comment here. But I'm going to have to be upfront and honest that game Sonic won't be getting an upgrade to 2-A anytime soon.

Yeah, just like multiple people agreed on a thread to downgrade Mario, yet it got rejected. You need some staff members to agree on this, and the only one on here disagrees completely. This entire thread is a joke.

The stance I'm taking is the-minute-I-genuinely-respond-to-this-thread-without-memeing-is-when-I'm-cross-faded-and-have-nothing-better-to-do-than-torture-myself.

In short, I don't wanna unironically touch this with a ten foot pole

Good luck though. I genuinely mean that without trying to be a dick. I'm indifferent at best towards Sonic but you do you, man.

Parallel Universes generally mean a universe is right next to another one or is parallel to another universe, can you please provide evidence this is that type of parallel universe definition?

@Medeus

Wait what? Parallel Universes are consistently in Sonic as another universe/dimension so how's that analogy proving your point? I don't see it.

Yes that may be what you feel but as ZaStando27 has said it's worth a try. It's merely testing waters

Don't take that the wrong way... He never touches Sonic threads that seem extremely controversial in nature, especially considering that he never really cared about Sonic [ doesn't mean he hates ththe verse,

I'll follow this thread to see where it goes. I can see both arguments but honestly I don't want to pick sides... Hence neutrality. I do give you the best of luck, but I'm not responding to this thread any longer.

Unoriginal Memes said:
Yeah, just like multiple people agreed on a thread to downgrade Mario, yet it got rejected. You need some staff members to agree on this, and the only one on here disagrees completely. This entire thread is a joke.
Don't spit on the thread and be disrespectful. So far it's going well. So wait until the results comes in before the trash talk.

Also parallel universes in Sonic mean other dimensions, and Solaris was stated to be devouring dimensions and was going to consume all timelines, Sonic Boom is another timeline aka parallel universe or dimension, Solaris was stated to be devouring that and consuming timelines, so he would be consuming all of the timelines in Archie Sonic as well as devouring the dimensions.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
Don't take that the wrong way... He never touches Sonic threads that seem extremely controversial in nature, especially considering that he never really cared about Sonic [ doesn't mean he hates ththe verse,
I'll follow this thread to see where it goes. I can see both arguments but honestly I don't want to pick sides... Hence neutrality. I do give you the best of luck, but I'm not responding to this thread any longer.
Thanks then.

Also, please don't use long quotes as anyone can scroll up and read those same posts. And the hostility on both sides should be dropped.

Yes, there are parallel universes within Sonic, but just because a universe and a multiverse are stated to be parallel universe doesn't mean the "Parallel universe" is one of many. Other verses have more than one Space-Time but a spin-off being stated to take place in a parallel universe doesn't make it another universe in the same multiverse.

@DarkDragonMedeus as earthyboy said parallel universes are universes that exist parallel to Eachother, and Sonic games and Archie consistently uses parallel universes as such of the like as other universes not alternative canons, you're claiming that parallel universes would be a indicator of canon/non canon of games, boom and Archie, you need evidence to prove this is the same case as dragon ball and dc.

Whether he does or doesn't I'm testing waters to see where it goes.

Usually the term Parallel Universe means to exist alongside another universe, in some fictional verses Parallel Universes coexist to another universe, in Sonic this is the same case.

Sonic Boom the TV Show follows the first or second method if not supporting both, Parallel Universes in Sonic usually mean both too.

And we also have multiple things in the Editing Rules about using author statements or online articles and advertisements. There is still no proof of Sonic Boom being part of Game Sonic's continuity or even part of its multiverse in the same boat as the various we see in Sonic 2006 or Sonic Rush.

Again, Sega is using "Parallel Universe" as flowery language to say it's non-canon from the main games.

THere is proof, Zastando posted an article saying SEGA stated the Sonic Boom TV Show and Games is a parallel universe, as well as the Sonic Boom comics being canon to the Sonic Boom TV Show and Games.

Even if we assume Ian is wrong on his part, you still have to account the Sonic Boom argument.

ZaStando27 said:
The statement says sonic boom is a parallel universe to the games......why wouldn't it be a part of game Sonics multiverse..... a parallel universe in sonic is another dimension.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is literally the entire concept of the point I'm trying to make right now.

This again? At best this just means that the games are canon to Archie, with an alternate version of Sonic in the Archie verse following the same history as the games. Archie isn't canon to the games.

Ian Flynn also mentions that it's up to the reader in how they want to interpret it, which is certainly not a confirmation that Archie is connected to the game verse.

So Game Sonic is not 2-A.

We've already established that the Sonic Boom Comics TV Show and games which are supposed to be a zone in Archie are a parallel universe to the game continuity, which would mean Game Sonic is a zone or a parallel universe in Archie.

It is connected to the game verse.

@ShadowWarrior1999 the first part I have no idea what that means, that would mean the games are in the same cosmology as Archie.

TSS: This is…I believe the third game adaption in the book to use the setting "Another Time, Another Place".

Do these stories all take place in the same universe?

IF: They could be ― call it the "SegaSonic Universe" if you like. Or they could each be their own zone. It's entirely up to the preference of the reader.

TSS: Are these stories basically meant to take place in the game canon?

IF: More or less, but it varies from project to project. The "Sonic and the Black Knight" tie-in was almost shot-for-shot, word-for-word the opening sequence so it's obviously the same thing. "Sonic Colors" will be a little more liberal, but it's still true to the source, so you can take it as a retelling or a synopsis.

It's not about canon when we're talking about the games being in Archie cosmology. Also if you deny that then ZaStando gave another explanation.

Sonic Boom is a parallel universe to the games and at the same time is a parallel universe to Archie so the games follow suit as well. Yes the sonic boom from the comics are the same one from tv show/games.

"Sonic Boom Comics Takes Place In the same universe as the tv series/games https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwbo...ans-For-Sonic-Boom-Comic-Book-Series-20140716

" the comic series will reside in the same story universe as the TV series and games"

Sonic Boom Games is a prequel to the tv series https://www.google.com/amp/s/gamerant.com/sonic-boom-tv-show-game-wii-u-3ds-trailer/amp/

"Tying in with the new television announcement came word that a Sonic Boom video game will also be released exclusively on the Nintendo Wii U and 3DS. The new title acts as a prequel to the events in the animated show"

Sonic Boom is a Parallel Universe to The games https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sega-explains-sonic-and-knuckles-new-look/1100-6418328/

"The announcement described Sonic Boom as taking place in a parallel universe to the existing Sonic the Hedgehog franchise"

the sonic boom series is a parallel universe to the game sonic universe, the sonic boom series is a parallel universe to Archie Sonics multiverse so by canonical origin and extension the same would apply to the games."

^ thanks Imagine, As explained game sonic would be 2-A from the proof of the Verse being an alternate universe from boom and hence from Archie.

Here's what I have to say: Stop.

This is one of the reasons that so many people are distasteful towards Sonic CRTs, they're brought up out of nowhere and seem highly unreasonable when you're trying to push Game Sonic past anything after 2-B.

Also even if it were legit, Archie-levels of 2-A would be an outlier with the feats that we currently have at this point in the series. Additionally, there's a lack of sufficient proof that proves Archie is canon to the games. Yes, they're stated to be in the same multiverse (kinda), but Ian Flynn has no jurisdiction over the Game Continuity, especially when Sega of America hasn't even discussed it. A good comparison is the IDW MLP Comics and MLP show.

I appreciate the level of effort you put into this, and I 100% agree that you're a lot more tolerable and reasonable, but you have to understsnd that 2-A Game Sonic is very difficult to successfully advocate for.

I mean no ill-will with anything I've said either, but just... I can't agree with this from what I'm seeing.

Your ignoring the fact we have Sonic Boom proving the game universe is in the Archie cosmology. It's only an outlier of something contradicts it in any way shape or form.

You completely ignored the fact SEGA would support Ians statement via Sonic Boom and other notable stuff.

The only 2-C feats we have for Supersonic are like 2 if not 3, and none of them would contradict this one since a majority of those feats take place before Sonic 06 entirely, where Sonic would scale to Solaris.

Oblivion Lightning said:
As cool as it maybe this would be a massive outlier anyway.I disagree with this
Can you please give a reason why it would be an outlier? Instead of saying it is with no proof or context.

Earthyboy said:
Your ignoring the fact we have Sonic Boom proving the game universe is in the Archie cosmology. It's only an outlier of something contradicts it in any way shape or form.

You completely ignored the fact SEGA would support Ians statement via Sonic Boom and other notable stuff.
What is with you and saying that? An outlier is not just something that is contradicted. An outlier is something that is way superior or inferior to the normal, consistent feats of a character.

Shake, I see what you're saying but I'm trying to see this through.

unreasonable? Anyone remember what happened when Solaris got accepted to scale to the cosmology? Maginaryworld got slapped right down to 2C. I'm just trying to see if I can have sonic get a buff on something.

i'm talking baseline 2-A not High 2-A that's the point. The point isn't proving Archie is canon to the games, the argument is proving Game Sonic's Universe exists in Archie through a few circumstances because of Ian Flynn Or? The Sheer Existence Of Sonic Boom in Archie which is confirmed to the same universe that's a parallel universe to the games so by extension it would follow suit in the same cosmology as Archie.

i know and thanks for the compliments, I know 2A Game Sonic is Taboo here but I'm trying to see this through.

okay I Respect your opinion and thoughts but I cannot just let my efforts go to waste after getting this far bro.

How about the fact that the gap between 2-A and 2-C is infinite and besides Solaris would be the only being to be able to preform such a feat

It's not consistent at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back