• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So the only argument for Gajeel's victory is out muscling his opponent, when his opponent has OHK hax, greater stamina and better combat skill/experience.

Yes

By an over 5x difference casually no less

None of that matters if your attacks will be easily grabbed or blocked

Since when is Gajeel 5x stronger?

So gajeel can prevent his soul from being ripped out; not to mention the fact that he has nearly been killed by people weaker than him and only surviving due to outside intervention/plot armour.

Delta3000 said:
So the only argument for Gajeel's victory is out muscling his opponent, when his opponent has OHK hax, greater stamina and better combat skill/experience.
Both character have hax, both have greater stamina was well if you read gajeel fight, galand skill instantly outclass by escanor who was stronger than him, and galand can't touch him in shadow form

Delta3000 said:
Since when is Gajeel 5x stronger?

So gajeel can prevent his soul from being ripped out; not to mention the fact that he has nearly been killed by people weaker than him and only surviving due to outside intervention/plot armour.
Since Galand downscales to baseline while Gajeel is 24 Gigatons

He can't remove his soul until he hits him

He will not hit him under his armered skin

@1997KD

1) Galand has better hax 2) Can maintain his powered up form for much longer than gajeel indicating he has higher stamina 3) Escanor was in his second strongest form (near noon) at the time so yeah he would be out powered. 4) Gajeel can only turn intangible in iron shadow mode, not in dragon force.

@schnee one

1) dispite the fact he scales somewhat to a 43GT feat. 2&3) Demons don't actually have to touch their target or harm them to remove their souls this is repeatedly shown. though some demons do seem to prefer the touch method.

@DE23 Also not a problem for Galand as he has a cities worth of souls, including Gajeel's, to feed on.

@beast zero gudako I'll get on that soon. also the out come of a fight isn't exclusively Based on AP particularly when one of the combatants can ignore durability

Having the hax =/= using it in character even when outclassed by Escanor he didn't resort to eating his soul.

Iron Dragon Slayer fra

That was because all the Commandments were out eating souls to replenish their magic power because they were running on empty because they were sealed.

And didn't do it again against Escanor.

Gajeel does it every fight he can, so he eats metal and blows Galand to kingdom come

@DE23 so your saying that if galand is running out of magic (Used to power his regen and CO) he wouldn't eat souls despite the fact he has canonically done this.

@schnee

so your saying just because he din't do it once or twice he wouldn't do it at all. I will grant a low likely hood however. I only said Gajeel wouldn't eat metal to point out the flaw in HST master's (and a few others) logic.

I am saying he won't do it even if pushed to the brink

The show proves this, so I'm not wrong.

Everyone told you why Gajeel not eating metal was wrong, that's literally all he has done in fights he had it

How is there a flaw in my logic tho?

Gajeel has actually bothered to eat metal(and other things) in the middle of a fight to gain the upper hand. More than once, heck DF is proof of that. Galand hasn't used his ability in combat period. So simply having the ability doesn't warrant that you'll use it.

Alright a few scenarios:

1) let's say Galand doesn't eat Gajeel's soul when pushed to the brink and runs (or flies) away as he has been shown to and recover by eating civilian souls; what are that the chances that it doesn't occur to him to eat Gajeel's soul. After all Galand is the vengeful type. Galand wins

2) Gajeel starts chewing on Galand's armour than Galand goes "screw you if you eat me I eat you". Galand wins.

3) Gajeel over powers Galand dealing damage fatal damage, then powers down and turns back on his definitely dead foe. surprise back stab from Galand who's regen laughs at ordinarily fatal injury. Galand wins. if you want to dispute this see Gajeel's fight with Bloodman.

4) Gajeel over powers Galand dealing damage fatal damage and then in a massively out of character moment pulverises the body to a bloody stain. Gajeel wins.

5) Gajeel over powers Galand dealing damage fatal damage and then Galand instantly regenerates from it. Gajeel goes WTF and is on the defensive as he now has no idea how to win, with even 'hit harder' potentially not being viable as far as Gajeel knows.

From here (S5) scenarios 1-4 could play out meaning that gajeel only has about a 1 in 4 chance of wining. the truth commandment is a wild card so I didn't factor it in.

1. Gajeel forces him down with his metal and tears Galand to pieces

2. Gajeel's strength alone let's him tear through Galand as he's over 5x stronger

3. Gajeel has no reason to power down until his opponent is down.

5. Galand won't regenerate damage if he's in bits.

Gajeel can simply throw or drag him in shadow words and leave him there, he can also est shadow(idk how it work)

@schnee one

1) He would have to catch galand first. Galand dodged merlin's teleport bfr by jumping. additionally gajeel rarely tries to restrain at target.

2) only via your down play. if you think Galand is baseline make a crt about it.

3) he doesn't know Galand can regenerate.

5) true but you ignored the point of S5 - gajeel doesn't know if that will work.

@1997KD I'm fairly certain Gajeel doesn't know how to do that, plus he doesn't have access to his shadow magic in dragon force

Delta3000 said:
@schnee one

1) He would have to catch galand first. Galand dodged merlin's teleport bfr by jumping. additionally gajeel rarely tries to restrain at target.

2) only via your down play. if you think Galand is baseline make a crt about it.

3) he doesn't know Galand can regenerate.

5) true but you ignored the point of S5 - gajeel doesn't know if that will work.

@1997KD I'm fairly certain Gajeel doesn't know how to do that, plus he doesn't have access to his shadow magic in dragon force
1.) What Schnee said alongside we've already establish "lol eat your soul" is not something he's likely to do

2.) Gajeel scales from a casual feat.

3.) This is assuming that Galand doesn't regen in the middle of the fight. And forgetting his regen is tied to his stamina

5.) Why would Gajeel magically not try to do anymore damage after seeing Galand regen and back down?

Also yes he does know how to meld into the shadow world. He did it in his 1st usage of Iron Shadow Dragon Mode. Sting is the one who couldn't do it at 1st.

He doesn't have to wait until Galand runs out of stamina either. A demon's regen is only Mid. With the AP difference, Gajeel could put him into enough pieces that he can't recover.

1) why wouldn't he I've already given reason/circumstances under which that could happen

2) it took him a dozen punches to kill some one with high 7-A dura and even then the damage wasn't immediately fatal; I doubt he scales.

3) That's scenario 5. I haven't forgotten how his regen works I just doubt it's a problem given that Gajeel can only maintain his 6-C form for a few seconds and required dozens of hits to fatally injure a high 7-A.

5) why would galand back down after the one attack rush gajeel can do?

shame he's not in iron shadow mode.

@dragon that would be very out of character for Gajeel you also (both) assume Galand would let himself get hit.

Dragon Force actually lasts a lot longer than you think, it's just that Gajeel Deactivated it after easily beating Bloodman

by my reckoning all instances of DF have lasted less than 1/2 a minute (given they are all moving at massively hypersonic speeds); i'll give Gajeel that long at most since we don't how long he can hold the form for.

It has also been one of my main arguments that if Gajeel thinks he has won with out confirming the kill (which he could very well do with how reckless he is) he's going to let his guard down, like he did with bloodman.

Votes have been updated. About soul absorption in the nnt verse. In multiple scenarios, strong characters have shown to be able to resist their soul being taken through sheer willpower. A good example of this is Meliodas in his fight against the commandments, when he had to be pinned down, the mage who took his soul was stated to be "exceptionally skilled at soul extractions", and even then the spell took a decent amount of time to cast. We have never seen any character stronger than unsealed mel get their soul removed without their consent. I would say that is moreso a limitation of soul absorption in the nnt verse rather than the incompitence of the demons. Also, even if Galand could remove Gajeel's soul in the manner that Merascylla removed Meliodas' soul, that would still be difficult to manage given that both parties are fighting at full force. That being said, we have reached a vote count that qualifies this thread to be posted. Do we want to end this conversation and post the battle on their profiles, or would you guys like to continue to discuss this match up?

I doubt willpower has anything to with soul manip resistance. in Escanors case it wasn't that he could stop his soul being ripped out it was that his soul was able to retaliate and get back to his body. And for Meliodas you could chalk his resistance up to his immortality curse which was made by the demon king who would know that demons can perma kill with their soul manip and likely took measures against it.

As for gajeel resisting via will power, the thing is we have no feats for him resisting anything via will power so we cannot say for certain that he could resist the soul manip even if it was a weakness of the ability.

In which scenario? when he was in purgatory and took 500 years to shake it off or when he got his soul ripped out (by melscula) and almost eaten by Galand and only surviving and getting back to his body because his adoptive father sacrificed himself.

Back