• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Galactus should be high 1B

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd reckon the Jean and PF changes need their own CRT first and foremost, and this thread should be closed.

Having an appropriate thread on the matter will likely allow Knowledgeable memebers to find that thread easily, since as of now only Antvasima and KOMIE are butting their heads on the matter

Zark2099 said:
I'd reckon the Jean and PF changes need their own CRT first and foremost, and this thread should be closed.

Having an appropriate thread on the matter will likely allow Knowledgeable memebers to find that thread essily
To that I agree. But have made the PF and Jean threads too many times and then they are closed and forgotten...

I would rather continue my discussion with PrinceOfTheMorning here, so we finally get things properly done, and do not splinter the discussion again.

Well, right now this "debate" is only continuing out of kindness. The parties are clearly unwilling to switch their opinions and it's highly unlikely a third party will join anytime soon, so this thread is bound to result in someone snapping.

Make a new thread, this one is clearly leading to nowhere.

@Antvasima: I meant primarily for the Jean upgrades to not get mixed up here.

Me and POTM are in the middle of a very productive revision. I think that we should finish it before we close this thread. After we are done a new thread about the Phoenix Force can be created.

Yes, but I would appreciate if I and POTM could be allowed to finish our revisions here first. I have waited for a few years to finally get them done.

@KOMIE

Please don't cherry pick what I said to call me a downplayer. If you look a tiny bit above the comment you quoted you'll see that I originally argued for 3-A, possibly 2-C for Dark Phoenix. Ant judged Rachel's statement about her fight with Necrom to be hyperbolic since the fight itself was only 4-B, which I had no counter for. I argued for 4-A Dark Phoenix afterward, since that's the bare minimum she should be scaled to.

Thank you. I think that both of your drafts look good, and should be fine to apply.

Here is a list of pages that need to be revised, given our agreed upon revisions for the Phoenix avatars, the cosmic cubes, the Ultimate Nullifier, and the Infinity Gems:

Thanos (Marvel Comics) (With the cube and the gems)

Galactus (Marvel Comics) (High 1-B UN rating)

Beyonder (Post-Retcon) (Possibly)

Molecule Ma (Possibly)

Jean Grey (Marvel Comics)

Rachel Summers

Cyclops

Colossus (Marvel Comics)

Magik (Marvel Comics)

Emma Frost

Namor (Marvel Comics)

Celestials (The mention of transcending the cubes should be moved to a footnote to be mentioned as a contradicted/retconned inconsistency.)

Uatu The Watcher (The scan depicting the fight with Aaron should probably be removed.)

Well, the Nullifier would get a variable tier between Low 2-C and High 1-B, depending on the user, given that it has a legitimate feat of recreating Multi-Eternity.

The gems would be "At least 2-C, likely higher" or "At least 2-B, likely higher" for beating multiple universal abstracts at the same time.

Well, they should probably all be "At least 4-A, likely higher", scaling from Reed Richards comparison with Galactus, and that Rachel defeated him when controlled by the Phoenix.

It is possible that full Phoenix Force Cyclops should be higher though, given that he almost reached the White Hot Room, and likely regular Phoenix/Dark Phoenix Jean Grey as well, but it is probably best if we wait with further revisions until another thread that specifically discusses this issue.

They should be changed to "4-A, likely higher" for the time being, but I think that ╬Ü╬ƒ╬£╬Ö╬× will create an extra revision thread after we are done here.

Feel free to tell me when I should unlock the profiles for you.

Okay. Thank you for the help. It is very appreciated.

Bump. Can Matthew perhaps put.... More effort into it ? Saying somethings dumb isn't nowhere near enough justification... And it doesn't matter how knowledgable he is... Saying it's dumb shouldn't be considered adequate evidence to have any impact on any discussion

@Ant One question... Where did the At least 2-B come from ?

Well, if it exceeds the universal cosmic entities a thousand times (a fraction is 1/1000 if I remember correctly), and beat them effortlessly, it may be justified, but I admit that "At least 2-C, likely higher" seems safer.

Could I just make a few small suggestions for Galactus's powers and abilities? His AE should be specified as Type 2 (as I'm sure it should be the same as Eternity's), he should get Creation (for being able to create planets out of nothing), Life Manipulation (as he brings back all of the life that was on said planet), and maybe Earth and Weather Manipulation (is able to create the surface and atmospheres of planets).

I would greatly appreciate it if these abilities are added or even considered.

The abilities mostly seem fine, although he was long specified to not be a purely abstract entity.

It usually erases people, which automatically sends them to the realm of Oblivion.

I don't know. It probably depends on the level of resistance.

@Ant

I'm ready to start, but first one question. Should the Ultimate Nullifier only be mentioned in Galactus' Well-Fed key? Since he does have access to it in all his forms. Would it potentially be simpler to remove it from his keys and link the new Ultimate Nullifier profile to his Standard Equipment section?

I think that seems like a good idea, yes.

I will unlock the profiles for you. Tell me here when you are done.

Yes, they should scale, if necessary, but I think that they have a feat of that level as well.

I forgot about Kobik. I will unlock her as well.

The edits are done. Although I think all the Phoenix hosts will definitely need a comprehensive revision thread as you said. @KOMIE that seems like your territory

Also, Bill Cipher needs his Low 2-C match with Thanos removed, and Tachibana Kukuri needs her 2-A match with Thanos removed. Their profiles are locked so I couldn't remove them.

PrinceOfTheMorning said:
The edits are done. Although I think all the Phoenix hosts will definitely need a comprehensive revision thread as you said. @KOMIE that seems like your territory
Hi! Yes I am gathering scans and statements and I am going to make a thread for it.

@POTM

Okay. I will handle it. Thanks again for the help.

Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this thread?

No problem.

There's only the matter of whether it's worth putting on the Celestials page that their weapons were able to shatter the High 1-B First Firmament during the Celestial War.

I think Thanos could have a new key for Post God Quarry and be upgraded for his fight against Phoenix Force Thane.

@POTM

Okay. That seems fine then. I will unlock the Celestials page for you. Tell me here when you are done.

@Nyizune

Maybe. Thanos has been all over the place in terms of scaling recently. I am not sure how to rate him properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back