• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Galactus should be high 1B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antvasima said:
Maybe. Thanos has been all over the place in terms of scaling recently. I am not sure how to rate him properly.
Indeed but he needs a new key. I found recently a sypnosis saying that Thanos Post God Query power) would be able to go toe to toe with PF Thane. Thane also must be one of the weakest avatars. I will also mention this in the new Thread I am going to create.

Okay. Perhaps "At least 4-A" then? Although it may just be Marvel's standard incoherent scaling.

If the Celestials now scale to First Firmament with their strongest weapons, shouldn't the note about them not scaling be removed?

To be honest I don't know. If we treat his solo Thanos run as sacrosanct then his Post-God Quarry self is far superior and would warrant a new key. But it doesn't seem like other writers acknowledged that he got a massive power boost. Classic Marvel not caring about continuity

@Wokistan

No, it would create a scaling nightmare to rate them that high on their own, as all other 2-C characters would follow suit. We have to consider it as an outlier.

@POTM

Well, modern Marvel doesn't anyway, and the guy who is supposed to keep track of things, Tom Brevoort, seems mostly lax and clueless in his responsibilities, while being conceited about his own insights.

Not for the Celestials themselves to scale. The note just seems sorta weird. Maybe word it so it's more clearly saying that the celestials themselves can't be that high but their weapons can?

However, Thanos' future self, who he defeated in battle, blew the head off Galactus, and apparently killed other cosmic entities as well.

I think Wokistan has a point. The note's purpose is to avoid scaling the Celestials to the Multiversal Abstracts via their own power, not via their most powerful weapons.

Major Question: Are we considering the 2-A feats of Scarlet Witch from her debut comics as legitimate ? It would explain some of the 2-A feats that the Universal Abstracts show up... As well as Hickman's Run Annihilation Wave Adult FR held back... Then a fraction of the Cosmic Cube being capable of shaping infinite universes then the full thing is "all of existence" and then Overspace....

Because I was thiking about focusing mainly on 2-A instead of High 1-B for the Universal Abstracts.... Which TBQF feels a lot safer to do and likely is going to be accepted over High 1-B. Would doing so be okay ?

I don't know. It still seems exaggerated.

What 2-A feats are you talking about for the Witch and the Cubes?

I would have preferred if you waited until this thread was done, but okay.

@Ant

I don't think it was ever unlocked but yeah I can do that real quick if you unlock it.

As for your other question about the mystical entities, I'm not sure. Dormammu in particular is pretty inconsistent across writers and storylines. Agamotto stalemated Galactus, true, but I don't remember any proof that Galactus was well-fed. Since his moderately fed key is 2-C, I don't think that warrants an upgrade for Agamotto. And since Agamotto > Strange, I don't think he would be upgraded either.

Thank you. I will unlock The Infinity Gauntlet page for you. Tell me here when you are done.

Okay. Never mind then. I just thought that Dormammu's feats list and SHuman-Gorath being even more powerful might warrant it.

The IG is updated.

As for Dormammu's feat list, a ton of the links are broken, and Strange Tales 146 probably shouldn't be there in the first place since we later found out that Strange was wrong and Eternity was just fine. I believe a handbook later referred to the fight as well and stated that Dormammu's power was dwarfed by Eternity.

SHuman-Gorath might have something, I don't know. If we could determine how powerful the Vishanti are as a group then there might be some upward scaling. Is there anyone on here that's super well-read in Strange comics?

Thank you. I will lock the IG page.

I suppose that the mystical entities should stay as they are then.

Would you be willing to update Dormammu's feats list?

We also need to figure out what to do about Thanos. Should we rate him as "At least 4-A" post-God Quarry, due to matching a Phoenix Force host, and defeating a future version of himself who blew the head off a hungry Galactus?

I would probably just delete the feat list for now. The respect thread linked on his profile is deleted as well, but there's a revamped one I can link to in its place. After reading through a lot more feats I also think that Dormammu has basis to be higher, but his inconsistency is a problem.

What do you think about this as a potential tier/justification?

2-C (Called himself the equal of Odi or Zeus. His rage threatened to destroy the Dark Dimension, which contains multiple realities), likely higher (Singlehandedly stopped the Trinity of Ashes, who are equal to the Vistanti. At times was powerful enough to be feared by all the Hell-Lords, and stated he could grow powerful enough to kill Celestials)

As for Thanos, that rating makes sense to me. There's the weird feats from the future story though, like how Old King Thanos was apparently killing cosmic entities off-page.

I would prefer if we keep the relevant parts of Dormammu's feats list, but to replace the dead links with new images. Replacing the respect thread is fine as well.

I would also prefer if you keep all of the current attack potency section justifications, and simply add more of them, rather than replacing them.

We only saw how Thanos killed Galactus via his own power though. The rest could have been through other means. Would you be willing to edit the Thanos (Marvel Comics) page accordingly?

What do you think about adding the "likely higher" part for Dormammu though?

About Thanos, sure I'd be willing but do you think we need more input first or are we good?

Edit: Actually, Ant, I just checked the relevant Thanos issues and in Issue 14 we see Old King Thanos casually kill Old King Thor. Wouldn't that change the scaling?

Jason Aaron has not treated Odinforce Thor as being anywhere near 2-C nowadays. In fact, he has done everything in his power to thoroughly destroy, degrade, humiliate, and defile the entire Thor setting. As such, it is unreliable to scale from.

Well, it was Donny Cates and not Aaron, plus if I'm being honest, the entire scaling from that arc is weird. The same issue had Old King Thanos tank an omnidirectional explosion from Black Bolt of all people that wiped out multiple Celestials. Are you sure it's okay to use the Galactus feat?

You have a good point. Would it be enough to only use Phoenix Force Thane instead?

Well, it is preferable if you ask for more input.

I'm still of the opinion that a new key probably isn't needed, this idea is from Nyizune and KOMIE I believe. I think he already made a thread including Phoenix Thane.

Okay. I suppose that Thanos' profile can stay the way that it is then.

Should we write a footnote explanation regarding why we ignore the "King Thanos" story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back