• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Galactus should be high 1B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antvasima said:
Should we write a footnote explanation regarding why we ignore the "King Thanos" story?
That would probably help keep things clear and hopefully stop people from making threads asking about it.

Yes. Would you be willing to write a draft for it POTM?

Btw what ever happened to adding Type 5 immortality to characters who where barred from death or exempt from death like the EotU?

I am not sure if type 5 is a perfect fit for that.

How about this:

"Please do not attempt to rescale characters using the Thanos Wins storyline by Donny Cates. Many of the feats performed by Old King Thanos were performed off-panel, and many of the on-panel ones would be extreme outliers if used to scale present-day Thanos."

I suppose something like that should do. I will insert it.

Okay. And as for the Phoenix Thane scaling with Post-God Quarry Thanos, I checked: KOMIE did bring that up as part of his Phoenix Host thread so I think that can be handled over there.

@POTM

Okay. Then we only have to improve on Dormammu's profile, and decide how to scale him and the other mystic entities. Then we can close this.

@PW

Okay. I suppose that should be fine then. I think that only Deadpool, Thanos, and the Elders would be affected though.

Personally I think Dormammu should be At least 2-C or 2-C, likely higher since his profile does scale him to an At least 2-C being (Eternity) and Slorioth, who was a threat to Eternity, and he is noted as superior to Nightmare, who was able to put Eternity to sleep.

@LordTracer

Good points. I am just uncertain how the other mystical entities and sorcerers would scale.

@PsychoWarper

I don't know. If I remember correctly, he died after defeating TWSAIS.

Okay. I think that an upgrade may be in order then. However, how do you think that the other profiles for Marvel mystical entities and sorcerers should scale?

I would say that Classic Strange and Nightmare could scale, but should remain about the same. They are both inferior to Dormammu, but have shown feats somewhat on his level, as Strange has contended with Dormammu and Nightmare put Eternity to sleep with 1/3 of the world's dreams. I think leaving them at just 2-C would be better though.

Zom is noted as superior to Dormammu, so he would scale of course scale above him, and Agamotto and The Ancient One could also potentially scale.

Blackheart - Same as his father (see below), as he was able to overthrow him.

Cyttorak - He's noted as comparable to both Doctor Strange and Dormammu, so I guess it depends on if Strange is scaled to Dormammu's At least 2-C/2-C, possibly higher or not.

Dweller in Darkness - Noted as superior to Classic Strange and Nightmare, so he either stays the same or could be given a 2-C, possibly higher?

Mephisto - He defeated the Dweller in Darkness and contended with Satannish, who is at least comparable to Dormammu since Strange's statement here is being taken into account, and I believe Mephisto himself has been compared to Dormammu before (I personally see him as inferior, but that's neither here nor there). At least 2-C/2-C, likely higher for him.

Modern Strange - He was able to contend with Mephisto, so At least 2-C/2-C, likely higher for his third key.

Ghost Rider - At least 2-C/2-C, likely higher for his second key, due to it scaling him to Mephisto.

Lucifer - Noted as superior to the Hell Lords like Mephisto, so whichever is higher between At least 2-C and 2-C, likely higher.

SHuman-Gorath - Could remain the same, unless Classic Strange, Agamotto and Cyttorak are scaled to Dormammu.

Well, SHuman is probably stronger than Dormammu afaIk, so he should scale.

Modern Strange seems uncertain, as he has usually been portrayed as vastly inferior to previously in terms of raw power, as have his enemies in recent years, including Mephisto.

I think you're right about that, so perhaps the justification for SHuman's attack potency should just be changed to "Comparable or superior to Dormammu."

That's true, it did seem weird that Modern Strange would have a superior ranking to his classic counterpart. He should probably remain the same, and maybe add a note to his page explaining why he wouldn't scale to Mephisto's new AP.

1) That is probably fine.

2) I am uncertain if we should let Doctor Strange (Modern) keep his Yggdrasil statistic or not.

What do you think we should do POTM?

I agree that Classic Strange should remain the same. Looking at his fight with Dormammu, we see that Dormammu was toying with him, slowly increasing the power of his spells rather than go all out. Strange said that he could not break Dormammu's defenses, and Dormammu thought to himself that he was stronger but admired Strange's courage. There's also the fact that when Dormammu unleashed his full power against Eternity, Strange started ******** his pants.

Gotta go now, be back on later

Okay. Would you be willing to improve on the Marvel mystical entities profiles? Just remember to not remove any current relevant attack potency justifications.

Oh, just a little more justification for Dormammu's new upgrade, it took the combined power of four Hell Lords (including Mephisto and Hela) just to indirectly weaken Dormammu. I don't know if you'd consider this Marvel being inconsistent or not, but I thought it was interesting.
914BFE77-A2E6-4102-BF7E-2B06219C6477
73456A4A-81CD-4142-8499-136C33EF9BD4
66A7B575-2C71-4D43-AD2B-7CA12AEDD73E
775330AE-490A-4EDE-8F97-DD4547CC624B

I'm not sure, but Mephisto will be At least 2-C/2-C, likely higher outside of his realm anyways, so this would still be a good supporting feat for Dormammu.

Antvasima said:
Okay. Would you be willing to improve on the Marvel mystical entities profiles? Just remember to not remove any current relevant attack potency justifications.
^

What do you think about the feat above? Should it be used or is it just an outlier/Marvel being inconsistent?

There's a contradiction that needs to be decided on regarding Hell Lords and Dormammu. Either we go with Hell Lords <<< Dormammu as supporting evidence for Dormammu's upgrade, or we go with Strange's statement that Satannish > Dormammu.

I do believe Dormammu just being vastly superior to the other Hell Lords is more consistent, as he does tend to have the best feats and showings out of all of them, but I don't know for sure.

Dormammu created Satannish who is roughly equal to Mephisto.

In addition, Strange said that Mephisto and Satannish were as mice in comparison to SHuman-Gorath.

Okay so if we go that route then Mephisto's page should be altered to remove the reference where Strange says Satannish is way scarier than Dormammu. Here's my current thoughts:

Stays the same (2-C): Classic Strange, Agamotto, Dweller-in-Darkness, Mephisto, Blackheart, Modern Strange (Ygg), Ghost Rider, Lucifer

Upgraded (At least 2-C): Dormammu, Cyttorak, SHuman-Gorath

Strange's fights with Dormammu make it very clear that he is far weaker. This is supported by the fact that Dormammu is capable of going 1v3 against the Trinity of Ashes, who equal the Vishanti, while Strange is <= Agamotto alone. All the others who would stay at 2-C scale to Strange rather than Dormammu.

Cyttorak on the other hand is far more powerful than Strange, and is used by Dormammu as a source of power. SHuman-Gorath was so powerful that Strange needed a severe amp just to go up against him.

Okay. Thank you. Tell me here when you are done.

They're done. I also updated all the broken links I could on Dormammu's page. The new respect thread doesn't have all the feats the old one did, so there are still a few broken links.

Okay. Thank you very much for the help. I will lock the profiles again.

Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back