• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Galacta possible abilities additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKerf

He/Him
So, I don't know if I should prove it or it's a common fact, but Gali and Galactus are from the same "species" or "race". With that being said, she should have some passive abilities of her "race" (of her parent).

While I can't pinpoint, which ones are her "birthright", I think this ones are:

Perception Manipulation (As Galactus has no true form, every being perceives him the best way their limited mind can comprehend).

Resistance to Matter Manipulation (Not made of matter, nor anything tangible)

Edited.

We can only give her the abilities she has demonstrated herself. My apologies.

Why though? I mean, if one member of the race can do something, then other should be able to do it as well. Anyway, can't we use her statements, that she uses in her comic? I think using them I can prove at least the first two abilities.

Galactus is not part of a race. He is the physical embodiment of the balance between life and death. Galacta is just a creation of his, somewhat similar to a herald. She does not necessarily share all of his abilities.

It would be so, if it was a canon continuity. But in her comic it was said, that they are the same type of cosmic beings, that they share the same physyology (is that the right word?). He was having a worm inside him, which is her, she has the same worm inside her. Also I'm not saying all abilities, I'm saing only the ones that physical or part of their physiology.

Birthright

One way or another, I can agree that we can't know for sure that she doesn't have a soul. But can I use these statements to prove the other things?

Perception
Energyforms
Energyforms - not matter.

None of that is proof of that she can reproduce every power ever displayed by Galactus, and, as you say, she is a part of a separate continuity, so scaling from the main canon version of Galactus is unreliable to start with.

Ant, as I said already, I'm not saying about every power of Galactus. I'm saying only about powers that should be logically her. For example, Dad is an energyform; therefor daughter is energyform as well.

Pretty good point about separate continuity, but when she is reffering to her powers she is talking about her own Galactus (by using both "us" and "our").

Well, the scans above say that she is an energyform, who is perceived differently by mortals, so that should be fine.

This is not very controversial, so it should probably be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back