• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m terribly sorry for being gone for as long as I was. The first week I was busy with work and family. Then I had final exams. I’m finally done with school and my family is mostly out of town. The only problem is I have work tomorrow and Thursdays (and I’m moving two weeks from now), so for the most part I’m free, though not really today.

Okay. No problem. I would appreciate help with getting these revisions reasonably organised.

ABOUT SPEED

The speed is.. still iffy to me. We seriously need to put a list of every speed feat to see if we can find anything). I can see GG characters being FTL and even MFTL
I can at least agree on speed being iffy at best because xrd is just a loaded bulldozer of antifeats for speed. The only good speed feat would be maybe sol fighting against asuka and valentine in overture firing lasers cause anything thing else before that visual wise in game is gonna be capped at relativistic+ and IK's are practically only half useable since the "is it use in the story consistently" question throws any of the good IK'S post novels/audio novels into the garbage.
ABOUT DOWNSCALING

Issue is, the Imitation-Series Justice scales only to SEALED Justice from Guilty Gear - Missing Link, not her full power. We don't know how much weaker is the Sealed Justice compared to the original. I am also sure a few couldn't even scale to THAT. For example, Baiken couldn't even scratch an Imitation Series Justice.
Honestly the copy justice fights with all the characters is iffy enough due to GGAC only having a good small handful of cannon paths and most of them (mostlty) either fall under not being cannon or have the same result like drama CD red/black where it's ethier I-no pulling a causality retcon (getting killed by a awaken baiken) or just straight up alternate timeline stuff that's not in the mainline cannon (Eddie just transcends the concept of death and not dying)
When they take on genuine high tier, like Sol, they can't even scratch him. Heck, they couldn't take on Ky who usually trashed everyone back in X and XX until fighting with Sol (who trashed him back until Xrd)

We can scale them to far above Megadeth class Gear, given even the weakest ones can take a Megadeth class one, and the Guilty Gear Xtra manga should work to give us some idea for their power. I think the original link had them being... High 6-A? I assume Justice at its weakest was still above them
All this true for the scaling in those parts of the timeline, but the issue with the extra manga is that the calc was for destroying a satellite but the issue is that it was mainly zepp's weapons that blew it up while tyr, mizuha, and anji we're just able to destroy the barrier. And then when it started regenerating it anji got folded by a random gear falling out of the sky and it took tyr and mizuha to actually destroy it for good. So not even anji really scales to it and he's the main source link for everyone in mid tier and below even having it. Not to mention anji is just filled loaded statements, he's the first one to mention how he can fold megadeath class gears with ease in GGXX, there's him talking about how even justice feared his power in guilty gear dust strikers, and even in the extra manga where he talks about we'd need infinite power to destroy the satellite.

Weird thing I looked back on this and they calced the gear plant crashing into the earth which is weird why didn't they go for a destruction calc but whatever, but they way they solved for mass weird cause they found volume but no density but still somehow got mass metals like steel could of worked. Then they just threw 11km into velocity but not really clarifying if that was per second or per hour even though atmospheric reentry speed would be 28163.52 km/h . And the results they had 64959252038129769399766313000j or 15 exatons which had a megadeath scale at 132 and divide that by the joules you got one megadeath still doing 117.61 petatons of damage

I’ve finally read over the thread, and I can see I definitely missed a months worth of stuff, so I have no clue what I should say and when. I’ll guess I’ll just say on thing about speed and touch on the other stuff if I ever get proper time (honestly if I do talk about it I would prefer for it to be after this thread is done so I can just freely write about it without needing to thinking about a thread the whole time).

Assuming the manga is secondary material, that still brings up a problem. We always use primary main material first and foremost and the primary material has gamma ray be instant in comparison to everyone. This also lines up with Johnny’s light speed statement being unseeable to the high tiers and being a giant sea of blades Bedman can’t even begin to dodge. Just to point out, I’m not completely against using Gamma ray if everyone thinks the manga is fine to use then it can be used, this is a case of canon rather than something being objectively wrong or right. I personally just fine it a bit jarring since the gamma ray is instant in the main source of the story, especially when the recap says something aren’t accurate and it’s a ‘recap’ in general not a remake or the main canon of the story.

If the manga has not been officially endorsed as regular canon by the people in charge of the games, we should probably ignore it.

I am afraid that I need considerably better justifications/explanations than that.

Just upgrade.top tier character to high 5A
We will discuss about low tier later
We would also need to talk about their speed. I’m pretty sure most the downgrades are agreed upon (the characters getting subsonic or hypersonic movement speed, I would need to relook over a feat), and they will no longer be MFTL+ nor immeasurable.

Technically unrelated, but to make an earlier point clearer (referring to everyone), why would the recap take priority over the original (talking about gamma ray). The original is still the main canon, so what happens in that should be more important than the thing that’s only recapping it, especially when the recap says moments are inaccurate. Gamma ray is instant in the original, that’s the main canon of the events. Plus light speed being instant to these characters lines up with Johnny’s light speed statements and with the rocket’s statement of being faster than Sol.

We would also need to talk about their speed. I’m pretty sure most the downgrades are agreed upon (the characters getting subsonic or hypersonic movement speed, I would need to relook over a feat), and they will no longer be MFTL+ nor immeasurable.

Technically unrelated, but to make an earlier point clearer (referring to everyone), why would the recap take priority over the original (talking about gamma ray). The original is still the main canon, so what happens in that should be more important than the thing that’s only recapping it, especially when the recap says moments are inaccurate. Gamma ray is instant in the original, that’s the main canon of the events. Plus light speed being instant to these characters lines up with Johnny’s light speed statements and with the rocket’s statement of being faster than Sol.
https://vsbattles.com/threads/further-guilty-gear-revisions.127469/post-4322805
Didn't you say chipp traveled half the globe in at least half a day, then that means he's traveling by the surface area. Half the earth's surface area is about 2.5505e+14 meters squared and he traveled that in about 12 hours which is 5903940000 meters per second or 19.693424042c. Like bruh, you had a feat for chipp being faster than light right there in Xrd of all places.

Didn't you say chipp traveled half the globe in at least half a day, then that means he's traveling by the surface area. Half the earth's surface area is about 2.5505e+14 meters squared and he traveled that in about 12 hours which is 5903940000 meters per second or 19.693424042c. Like bruh, you had a feat for chipp being faster than light right there in Xrd of all places.
Wtf? Why would he need to travel the surface area? Just go with circumference.

Edit:
I'm an idiot; the radius*

How did you get massively faster than light from traveling half the planet in a day!? A normal airplane in the real world makes that travel in less time.

Summary:
  • Figure out who scales to the High 5-A calc
  • Figure out where the lower tiers scale, since it doesn't seem that everyone scales to Sol and Judgement
  • Figure out where the verse speed is. MFTL+ seems to be rejected, though the discussion seems to be balancing anti-feats with potential relativistic feats.
I also suggested using half a micrometer for the radius of the black hole, due to the black hole and the pocket dimension containing it being described as a spontaneous microverse. Which would yield Low 5-B and be a supporting feat.

As I said before, just straight up don't use the black hole feat.
It doesn't take much effort to do the calc, so if the statement is useful it doesn't harm to have extra supporting evidence.

Sadly no, I researched Microverse and all I got was the Microverse from Marvel (which we can't use because different world) and an online school for remote programming. I don't think Asura was talking about it.
It is a made-up term rather than a technical one, but the etymology refers to a micro-sized world.

So is there a speed anti-feat against relativistic that is for combat instead of travel?

Regardless of the bad math with surface area, at most we can argue that Chipp travelled from Babylon in central Iraq (where he was supposed to be doing official business in) to the Uyghur mountains in western China (The area May run away to and near where her pirate crew were searching), which is some 4000 km. Far below the circumference of the Earth.

I don’t know how you would get either of those locations. We saw Chipp near some random mountains then in a random forest. I was just saying half the planet for the maximum the feat can be (since it wouldn’t make any sense for him to travel further he would just go the other direction). The point wasn’t to be a usable feat, it was to be an anti feat against the cartoonishly high MFTL+ they currently scale to.

For combat speed the anti feat is Johnny’s light speed statement. In the quote it comes from Zato (who is around Johnny’s strength in XRD) says the attack is completely unreactable. And Johnny trapped Bedman in a sea of blades he had zero chance or escaping. Plus the attack is in and of itself implied to not scale to Johnny and to be a special attack.

The relativistic+ feat was already really shakey anyways since it comes from a recap of the original game. The original game itself has the laser be literally instant in comparison to everyone else.

As pointed out by pretty much everyone. There is literally zero reason to use that. In the cutscene Chipp is running in a straight line, he isn’t checking every square inch of the planet.

I don’t know how you would get either of those locations. We saw Chipp near some random mountains then in a random forest. I was just saying half the planet for the maximum the feat can be (since it wouldn’t make any sense for him to travel further he would just go the other direction). The point wasn’t to be a usable feat, it was to be an anti feat against the cartoonishly high MFTL+ they currently scale to.
Then why did you say he traveled half the globe in half day, cause him showing up in random places means covering ground in multiple areas not just in circumference.
For combat speed the anti feat is Johnny’s light speed statement. In the quote it comes from Zato (who is around Johnny’s strength in XRD) says the attack is completely unreactable. And Johnny trapped Bedman in a sea of blades he had zero chance or escaping. Plus the attack is in and of itself implied to not scale to Johnny and to be a special attack.

"Your blade... only when I accepted that it cannot be seen by the naked eye was I able to survive. It does in fact move at the speed of lig...never mind"
He says it can't be seen with the naked eye but zato was still to state what speed it was going at with no eyes just his senses not this unreachable headcanon.
The relativistic+ feat was already really shakey anyways since it comes from a recap of the original game. The original game itself has the laser be literally instant in comparison to everyone else.
If your gonna be nick picky on saying the gameplay feats be too cartoony or too shaky to be consistent then actually find something consistent cause you don't have don't have a consistent bell curve for even your anti feat downgrades cause one you haven't put anything hard number down for anything story wise besides just the speed of that one rocket.

The locations can be concluded from the script.

Chip is running in the foothills in western China:
z8YpeDy.jpg

At the same time, Johnny is informed that May ran away from the ship (and he is informed that Chipp was asked to help search for her):
OLVgiq4.jpg

Chipp finds May in a suspension bridge in the mountains (May comments that she thought he was supposed to be in Babylon):
KfoENOw.jpg
2UxZbcX.jpg

After May's crew fail to find her in the surrounding villages, Johnny decides to search the nearby mountains on his own:
GaDTtEi.jpg
rjXW0qt.jpg

A bunch of fights happen, and a bunch of characters show up to join the fight, then Zato confirms that they are near the Uighur region:
67Ji7aX.jpg

Recap supervised by Arc System Works. By the wiki's definition being overseen by the author makes it secondary canon.

Because of literally a single frame with no hitbox?
2p3dwld.jpg
72GAxLx.jpg
bTQWenJ.jpg
EYdtdTZ.jpg

Does this imply that the laser pierced Sol's head, or that Sol is capable of reacting to Gamma Ray?

Again the same source that says it is officially also says it changes stuff. Doesn’t even matter because it isn’t the primary canon. It won’t override the original the original would override the recap. As you said it is “secondary canon” so the primary canon having the attack be instant takes priority.

No because as we can see in that shot the beam has already fired and traveled across the whole screen.

He’s blocking the expansion of the beam, not the beam itself.

I'm honestly unsure why we are even entertaining the idea to use fighting game gameplay to scale, when that would result in stuff like May's totsugeki memeing everyone.

Also, @Keeweed, fairly sure the changes they refer to are story-based not taking into account gameplay.

Sol blocking Gamma ray comes from a cutscene. Their pre fight in game cutscene has gamma ray be instant.

Plus the recap doesn’t line up with XRD, again a primary source, that has a light speed attack be vastly faster than Bedman and Zato.

Ok, so can you find combat speed stuff from the primary canon that refutes the ability to react to Gamma Ray as explicitly shown in secondary canon?
Notice that the bar is lowered to relativistic, so characters being slower than light is fine.

So did the Gamma Ray pierce through Sol's head to travel across the screen before the expansion happened and Sol started blocking it?

I'm honestly unsure why we are even entertaining the idea to use fighting game gameplay to scale, when that would result in stuff like May's totsugeki memeing everyone.
The developers created pre-fight cutscenes made from gameplay, so it is basically both:

“Ok, so can you find combat speed stuff from the primary canon that refutes the ability to react to Gamma Ray”

Yeah, Johnny’s light speed attack that is both unreactable to Bedman and Zato.

“He says it can't be seen with the naked eye”

Shadow that means he can’t react to it. He can’t see it due to its speed, that is the definition of being unreactable. Plus in Bedman’s case it was even worse he literally had zero way of escaping it and was forced to fight Johnny and Leo as a result.

“He says it can't be seen with the naked eye”

Shadow that means he can’t react to it. He can’t see it due to its speed, that is the definition of being unreactable. Plus in Bedman’s case it was even worse he literally had zero way of escaping it and was forced to fight Johnny and Leo as a result.
Don't dodge the question, how does he know the speed if he can't react to it. That's self contradictory to say you can't react to it yet say you know the exact speed of it.

I guess I can see how you think that is dodging the question so let me reword my point. We don’t know how he knows the speed. He could have been told or read it somewhere since it is a technique. The writers are having him be the info dumb here, so he knows. But that doesn’t matter because the important part in the context of Zato is that he can’t react to the attack. He can’t see it, he makes it clear he knows the attack because he says he can explain in more detail, but in that same sentence he says he can’t react to it.

sorry for not responding slightly earlier. I was helping my mom

I guess I can see how you think that is dodging the question so let me reword my point. We don’t know how he knows the speed. He could have been told or read it somewhere since it is a technique. The writers are having him be the info dumb here, so he knows. But that doesn’t matter because the important part in the context of Zato is that he can’t react to the attack. He can’t see it, he makes it clear he knows the attack because he says he can explain in more detail, but in that same sentence he says he can’t react to it.

sorry for not responding slightly earlier. I was helping my mom
But now you making a bold assumption that opens more questions, is the technique public knowledge?, is the technique secret knowledge that the assassins guild just knows? And saying the writers having to be purely an exposition dump isn't explaining how he knows this.

Those questions don’t matter though. Everything that is important here is stated. Zato knows the technique is light speed, he says he can explain why, and he says he can’t even see the attack because of how fast it is. We know the speed and we know it’s vastly faster than both Zato and Bedman.

Those questions don’t matter though. Everything that is important here is stated. Zato knows the technique is light speed, he says he can explain why, and he says he can’t even see the attack because of how fast it is. We know the speed and we know it’s vastly faster than both Zato and Bedman.
No quit dodging the questions, these questions matters cause if can't react to it he would of been blitzed and died on spot. he said "Your blade" not one of his techniques or his fighting style.
And zato is first and only source that mentions this light speed statement so this has to information he has to know this just off of combat experience alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back