• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
You're mistaking here. Valentine is a normal person and based on how Stand are treated it's no less different than super power.

You're mistaking here. Valentine is a normal person and based on how Stand are treated it's no less different than super power.
Valentine is normal but stands aka the manifestation of his soul isn't. A soul not in harmony with the world will get erased by ib.

Also kazakiri is conscious manifestation of aim diffusion field of all espers of academy city

IB doesn't have existence erasure on it page and damage transfer don't work because Stand got nulled not damaged.
That's because Toaru community on VSB is very, very careful with adding powers to profiles, for whatever reason. It's not the core feature or regular;y mentioned occurence, so it's away from the page, even if he can do it (like non-physical interactions or fate manipulation). As for damage transfer - I've already said why it should result in a gorefest. If you disagree - well, we can essentially equate it with a stomp vote, because that's Touma's only win condition.
However, literally most of them were pointed IB as Power Null and nothing else, even the video example only proven that he could recoil an attack back to it user to some degree and it wasn't how its function work.
Because Index novels, being from the perspective of Touma, a guy who post-amnesia is not particularly interested in his own powers (like, when Ollerus tried to explain them, Touma just literally ran away), do not give very many details on them, and even then most of what we do get are in-universe speculations.

Valentine sees a kid without a stand that he needs to kill

Valentine pulls out a revolver and shoots touma

I don't see a reason why valentine would use his stand against someone without a stand at first encounter
Well, from what I read, Touma's Precog will make him dodge the shots.

His precog doesn't really work on normal fight stuff, which is why he still goes down to guns and martial arts users.

"It's because of this skill that Touma has been able to react to supersonic attacks, but it's been noted that if he consciously takes note of it in battle and tries to use it then it would likely fail."

Being aimed by a gun would make Touma consciously react to it due to how it would grab his attention.
His precog is really unreliable against direct confrontation or weapons that will grab his attention for him to consciously react to

His precog doesn't let him bullet time. He can't react to Saints due to them moving faster than his eye can see, so bullets are the same thing. Even the novel states it several times to this date that bullets are his worst enemy.

Wouldn't Touma use precog to aim dodge the bullet, iirc that's what it implies he can do on his profile "His Precognition works by unconsciously reacting to the opponent's involuntary movements prior to an attack"

Wouldn't Touma use precog to aim dodge the bullet, iirc that's what it implies he can do on his profile "His Precognition works by unconsciously reacting to the opponent's involuntary movements prior to an attack"
He can try, sure, but with the typical distance between the shooter and the target his movement speed is too meager to keep up.

He can try, sure, but with the typical distance between the shooter and the target his movement speed is too meager to keep up.
Doesn't he use precog to react before Misaka can project her lightning at him at close range though?

Iirc all Misaka does is aim with her hand and then project lightning at the opponent which is rather similar to pointing a gun and shooting it. If there is something I'm getting wrong then please explain.

Doesn't he use precog to react before Misaka can project her lightning at him at close range though?

Iirc all Misaka does is aim with her hand and then project lightning at the opponent which is rather similar to pointing a gun and shooting it. If there is something I'm getting wrong then please explain.
Pretty sure he has two different types of precogs. One which is described in his profile, where he reacts to minute changes in the environment, and one where he reacts to supernatural phenomena (which should be superior), which allowed him to react to Othinus's barrage of attacks (which he shouldn't have been able to react to using the formerly described precog). Now in this specific instance with Misaka, I'm not quite sure which he's using, but I suspect it might've been the latter.

Precog gets abolutely ridiculous if the attack is supernatural.
I remember he dodged some attack from another dimension which is why I based of my argument. I didn't realise it kicked off of the attack wasn't normal.

Alr ig Funny wins, or was this a stomp idk I forgot how this thread went since it's been awhile since any debate happened

Funny wins if he goes for gun which is both in character for him to do especially against someone without a stand

Kamijou wins if Funny decided to slap him with a stand first and his stand which became a supernatural entity (Kamijou precog against supernatural would make him block it even if he can't see it)

most of the time funny goes gun hence the vote for funny

Funny wins if he goes for gun which is both in character for him to do especially against someone without a stand

Kamijou wins if Funny decided to slap him with a stand first and his stand which became a supernatural entity (Kamijou precog against supernatural would make him block it even if he can't see it)

most of the time funny goes gun hence the vote for funny
Counted.

Back