• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRustyOne

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Let me see who this would change.

• Edward & Alphonse
  • Roy, Olivia, Alex, Riza ( with guns.) Izumi & her husband, Scar

• Most of the Homunculi ( Pride scales to 7-C and is the strongest out of his siblings so this doesn't effect him.)

Slighty off topic, shouldn't Father with God absorbed flat out be 6-C for creating his sun? His durability should fully scale the AP of the damn thing in this state, he could likely still use the sun attack in his weakened stated but was hesitant about it due to it being risky. This seems pretty evident that his god form can tank it while his weakened form cannot any longer.

Is he not aleady?

Yeah I highly doubt he'd casually created something that could vaporize himself. His dura should scale.

I agree with all of that, though does Sig even have a profile?

Surprisingly he doesn't, his durability should be rated flat out island level. Meanwhile his depowered state would be "At least town level." all around the force and his 7-C feat was causal even in this state.

Bump.

We need to discuss who scales and who doesn't scale to this stuff.

I have done so.

Obviously the Armstrong sibilings, Izumi, and her husband scale to Sloth. Anyone who scales to or above Edward that doesn't scale to something higher should scale to his calc. Note that Edward was badly injured by Kimblee's attack, and Sloth's calc was done very casually.

TRO seems to make sense to me in any case.

Edward, Alphonse Elric, Scar, Gluttony, Envy (Base and Monster), Ling Yao (Greedling too), King Bradley, Greed, Lust, Mannequins, Darius, Heinkel, Jerso, Zampano, Barry the Chopper, Slicer Brothers, Buccaneer, Fu, Lan Fa, and Isaac McDougal.

They all become 8-C.

Roy should only be 8-C in durability, I don't remember any instant of him showing comparable strength to Edward or others. Along with Pride's container, and Kimblee.

Riza should have 8-C dura (Took hits from Gluttony) but her guns should be rated as 8-C for harming 8-C characters.

Is this okay?

I just wanna point out that Edward was badly injured by that blast so his durability shouldn't fully scale to that value. And the physically weaker characters should scale below Sloth's feat.

I'm pretty sure he should still scale. If he didn't really scale then he would've flat out died from the blast.

Theglassman12 said:
I'm pretty sure he should still scale. If he didn't really scale then he would've flat out died from the blast.
He would scale, just not fully. Lower end of 8-C.

Theglassman12 said:
No. If characters tank it then they fully scale. If they get severely damaged, they scale a little below. He would only have died if he did not scale at all.

Armstrong can send Sloth flying and knock his teeth out with his punches so he scales fully. Sig scales fully as well since he is equal to Armstrong in terms of strength. Olivier would scale slightly below and Izumi would scale to both Sloth (Slightly below) and being superior to Edward.

Yes Edward scales below the feat, he was very injured by that attack. Alphonse scales to it fully since he's able to block attacks that can badly injure Ed without taking a scratch.

AKM sama said:
I just wanna point out that Edward was badly injured by that blast so his durability shouldn't fully scale to that value. And the physically weaker characters should scale below Sloth's feat.

Actually it was the rod that did the most damage, since he fell directly on top of it. The explosion itself didn't harm Edward that much. Edward should scale above this after the event, mainly his EoS key.

Edit: Roy should scale to the Bradley rejects, since he could kill a few without his Alchemy. If memory serves right he also squared up with Edward a few times but those might have been gag scenes.

@Red-Eyed

Mustang was never shown to physically fight any of those rejects. He actually didn't even throw a single punch. He killed one that was holding him by using the other one's sword when he was distracted. Mustang never fought Edward either, that was in the old Fullmetal Alchemist 2003 anime. However he did punch Edward during the Maria Ross incident and bruised him slightly.

I don't believe that's enough to scale...

Edward has no reason to get a second key as he has no showing or statements of getting stronger or more durable past this point. We can't assume he got stronger just because some time past.

It seems like TRO's and AKM's suggestions have been accepted then.

Btw, would Mannequins also scale? I believe they were portrayed as a lot weaker and quite easily injured. They were only a problem because of their number game and immortality.

Now that I think about they probably don't, they didn't actually injure Darius to my knowledge and they were going to outlast the cast, leaving them weak and exhausted. I'll change them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back