• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe I've gotten everyone, did I miss anyone? Also thank you AKM for changing the tier in the categories I completely forgot about that.

All I have to due is change the verse page and I'm done.

Just a heads up, Armstrong and Izumi's husband were in deed able to match Sloth's strength. And Sloth's character is that he's physically dominant over everyone else, but is "Too lazy to show it" and is pretty much why his name is Sloth. And he kind of stomped Olivier. I know there's a loop hole in the scaling chain; Sloth stomped Olivier, Olivier stomped Alex, but Alex actually did match Sloth when Olivier couldn't. Olivier stomping Alex was more so due to being much smarter + more agile and knowing Alex's weak point rather than raw strength. And Alex himself also being "Too scared" to actually fight his older sister; so I think he actually held back.

I agree with Alex scaling physically, and Sloth is someone who can easily flatten a lot of characters. So Alex and Izumi scaling is fine, but I'm unsure about Olivier scaling given the difference in actual raw power. And AKM's reasons make sense regarding the significant injuries = not really a feat.

Don't worry about it. We are taking into account that Olivier is slightly weaker than Sloth and her brother. Also Izumi never actually hurt Sloth she just tossed him over her shoulder, her husband was the one who injured Sloth with a punch.

And Edward is scaling below that feat due to the damage he took, he's closer to baseline 8-C.

Yeah, Olivier shouldn't be too much weaker. And actually, I'm still iffy on Edward. Because "Getting severely injured but still surviving" is pretty common in fiction and often something we consider plot armor. So I'm fine with Olivier somewhat scaling even if she's just baseline 8-C or something. But Edward surviving might be similar to some other examples survival horror game protagonists getting beaten by giant monsters who are supposed to be far stronger than them getting passed as PIS.

If the pipe hadn't impaled Edward he wouldn't have almost died, he was badly hurt no doubt but him being impaled is the biggest reason why he was going to die. So his dura should scale slightly below the explosion, but not by an entire tier.

I beilieve I've made all of the changes, with AKM's help. So no, we should be done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back