• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Full Counter vs Encounter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beware the No-Limit Fallacy. While Encounter has demonstrated no limits or exceptions, except Scar Dead, the strongest and fastest attacks it was demonstrated or reliably stated to work against where Multi-City Block level attacks.

It can not be reliably argued that Encounter would work against vastly more powerful attacks.

Ok, now Im calling shenanigans.

When we talk about offensive haxes, we take that "unless you are a dimensional level above or have resistance, it will affect you". However, deffensive haxes need to prove that they work on everything.

I think Encounter is having calculation updates in the latest Medaka Box thread so I still don't see any NFL just yet especially since the ability was able to re-direct light speed attacks.

I don't read Medaka Box so humor me: how is it actually possible for Gagamaru to have a match with anyone? The way his ability is written he should stomp anyone without the hax to nullify his ability, in which case he probably gets stomped completely.

@Pachi

Raven's statement came straight from Gagamaru's profile though, verbatim

maybe highway to hell would ignore Encounter and just appear on his body? Since the damage doesn't ''go'' to him it just happens on him. Like if he was underwater he wouldn't make the damage from a lack of air go away.

Encounter has always had somewhat vague limits. It specifies damage, but also states that it works on mental trauma. It seems to push away any negative effect, but how far that goes or what it exactly works on is uncertain. Drowning might work, but it's also entirely possible the negative effect of drowning would simply be pushed away. For the Wiki's purposes, just rating it as pushing away what's stated and shown is safest cause it's easy to reach NLF with an ability like Encounter.

I mean there's always the "If it's not shown, they can't do it" argument.

Yeah, that's basically what I was trying to say. I can't think of any instances where they refer to him being able to push off negative effects from things like drowning or existing in a vacuum, but it's possible they'd be counted as damage. If I had to guess, suffocating him might work as he wouldn't take damage, but depriving his body of oxygen would still cause it to shut down. There could be something from the manga I'm forgetting though.

The thing about Encounter is it's specified to push the negative effect onto something else. It doesn't just push damage away, it pushes damage onto the ground or a steel beam. If, let's say, Gagamaru is in space, he wouldn't be able to push off the effects of space death because there is nothing to push it off onto. It's also suggested it's not just a vauge descripton of damage but the exact effect since Gagamaru was impressed that Hinokage's hits were strong enough to damage steel beams.

Damn. Now I want a Funny Valentine vs Gagamaru rematch.

Yeah, I know there has to be something for him to push damage onto, I just figured it wasn't worth mentioning as a weakness since it's one of the more obvious ones and anyone that could isolate him that way would likely be capable of winning regadless of whether or not he managed to somehow survive in space. The less obvious method of winning is to cause damage before he had encounter, as with Scar Dead I'm fairly certain encounter didn't stop the damage since it was damage he took before gaining the ability.

Mel gets my vote cause the AP advantage is too large and Encounter can become a NLF. He gets my vote for that simple reason

Someone make that Funny Valentine vs Gagamaru thread please, I want to vote on that.

Wouldn't Gagamaru vs Funny be a tie? Either that or Funny wins with BFR or via incap, since I don't recall Gagamaru having anything to bypass D4C.

Death Push anyone? Gagamaru just insta kills himself and pushes death onto mel.

Also @Apies, Gagamaru specifically said "even if there is no opening Encounter would still push the dmg. So i don't think space can work. I think they mean it like anything can take dmg. Like encounter just pushes some universal dmg on a grain of sand to save itself or sth along those lines.

And yes this is a stomp. U don't put 1 of the strongest dudes in Mudaka Box vs Mel. It's a 1 hit vs a non 1 hit and SoL vs Mel's speed. So Gagamaru can just Death Push before Mel can process a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back