• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

From Darkness We Rise (Thread 1)

"Well, good, then you should be used to everything that comes your way," the professor responded with a smile. "Now, if you want to ask any more questions, I suggest you do right now. If not...I do have some things I can give you to...assist you, I suppose."

"Well...that's a maybe," the professor said with a frown as he tapped a couple keys on his keyboard. The door that led out of the lab opened and he began to walk out. "I haven't tested if your magic could work here. I didn't exactly have the materials to test it, but...I tried my best to accompany you to this world as much as possible. You may find some of your spells you may know...don't work anymore, but some should still work all the same."

As he continued walking, he stopped for a moment and glanced back at them. "Do any of you have a...preferred weapon? Preferably something that's...normal? I know some of you already have weapons, but still...I can offer some. It wouldn't be much..."

((Y'all just got here, and got your powers. You don't exactly know what you have but you have a general idea of it.))

I stand in the corner obvserving my surrondings as well as the others to try and figure out whats happening.

"Hmm? (•╠Ǥë•╠ü )" Sumiko turned her attention towards the professor as she trotted up to him on all fours. "Do you have any nunchuks?? uwu"

"Uh, you wouldn't happen to have a shield or something, would you?"

I still feel skeptical about all of this, but I feel like it's best to not show it.

I close my eyes slightly, trying to extrapolate from my mind what spells I still have.

I open my eyes, my hands tremble.

"Doctor ... what does this mean? Because I only have five spells? Why are they not mine and why do they have the same level of learning as those being taught to ten-year-old?" I ask in an irritated tone.

"Well if I could have my choice I would prefer some sort of bladed weapon." I say while slowly accepting the situation I have been placed in.

"Now, you see, the problem with your spells, well..." the doctor began walking again, seeming to have a little speed in his step now. "I wasn't able to take all of your magical knowledge. I wasn't able to take any of your skills from your world besides...intelligence, I suppose. I had to be creative with what I had, so I...injected some DNA into you. That's why you'd have some of the abilities you have."

As he moved, he walked to one of the doors down the hallway you passed, and opened it. On the other side was a small room with a couple of weapons hung up on walls. Some of them haven't looked like they've been used in years, while others, such as the pistols, looked worn out from use. There were a few boxes of presumably ammunition nearby, as well as a big riot shield. The old man had quite the arsenal.

"I had to collect these from some of the people who I...encountered, while traveling outside. It's been a while since I've even touched some of these things.." he picked up a nearby knife and pair of nunchucks and handed them to the people in question who asked for them. He cringed lightly when he saw the catgirl. God what was he thinking when he made that... "As for leaving...that would be easier said than done...leaving the bunker is dangerous, but necessary. We don't have many ways to move around the planet, but...I have a few ideas."

I make an irritated sound.

"Well, I'm trapped in the body of a mediocre wizard," I murmur.

"Hey Doc, where can I find better clothes than the rags I wear now ... and something to drink? Something very alcoholic"

"I'll take a shield. But honestly, this is a lot to take in. You really expect us to be capable of something like this?"

"Uh...I don't know about the knife or the gun," the professor muttered, though he made no move to take the knife away from the girl. He did wonder what he had given to Silas. After a moment of remembering, he nodded and grabbed a rather worn out looking gun from the wall. He handed it to Silas. "To answer your question, I'm hoping that your capable of something like this. It's the whole reason I brought you here. I wouldn't have done it if I wasn't confident..." totally...

"I don't have many spare clothes for you people, though...once we make it outside we can see what we can find for you, if you wish! As for the alcohol...I drank it a long time ago..." What can he say, he got depressed at one point... "You'll be fine. As we move along...I should be able to unlock more of your potential..."

Sumiko's face brightened up upon seeing the nunchuks. "Thank you~!!" The neko purred, before she grabbed the nunchuks and started gnawing on them, purring happily.

"No clothes, no alcohol and a lot of disappointment ... I see you're pushing the right keys" I say, crossing my arms.

"Well, it's not like I had a welcome party planned," the scientist muttered as he scratched his head. "It's not like I have anything better for you. I gave you spare clothes I had in my closet...I'm impressed it even fits. Hehe..." The doctor seemed uncomfortable as he spoke. He wasn't sure where to go with this..

((I will at some point.))

"How far is it to get out of here? I don't need weapons" I say as a flame appears on the palm of my right hand and electric shocks on the left.

Walking in I grab a weapon though im still wary especially after learning how I gained these powers.

"Not too far, I'd say. It's only a couple dozen feat of stares..." the professor frowned a little and shook his head. "We can leave as soon as everyone is ready. I just want to make sure everyone understands what's happening...I don't want anyone to be caught off guard."

It looks like I'll get to leave if I help fight against whatever this thing is

"I'm ready whenever everyone else is. What a colorful cast of characters you picked old man."

"It's time to show those idiots out there what a real mage can do," I exclaim, bending the fingers of my hands to create a sphere of lightning between them.

"I'm pretty sure we should be a bit more cautious before we go out into whatever unknown threat has been festering for 6p years up there."

[H]

After my body is messed with, i fall face first on the ground, still sleeping.

While the conversation with the Doc continued, i stayed asleep on the ground, dreaming in anime, as i quickly fall into a pit of death... once that happens, i wake up. There's blood on my hands.

"Oh god, did i kill someone?"

I get up and start strenching, cracking my bones. I look around for a bit.

[Is there anyone still on the lab?]

Probably deserved to be in this hell ...

I think to myself, then I check what powers i got.

So, dashing, flying n chains, what else ?

I am able to access some sort of "inventory", where it's stored a bunch of things like a cactus sword, a bunch of glowsticks, a fancy wood armor and other stuff.

I equip the armor and pull out the sword, which i am able to enchant with some kind of magical energy.

It looks like i am a knight.

@ Overlord775

I arch an eyebrow as I look at the boy with the strange equipment.

"Hey, boy ... I advise you to stay away from me, your sword and armor will become ashes if I hit you by mistake" I say, showing the fire in the palm of my hand.

"Well, is no one else has anything to do...let's say we head up to the surface, then..? I mean, we're just waiting time if we stay here for too long." He chuckled nervously as he grabbed a pistol off of the wall and a couple magazines. He knew it wouldn't be effective but oh well... "I'll be going with you, of course...wouldn't be right if you people were the only one in danger.."

Back