• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

From Darkness We Rise (Thread 1)

"Let's go!" Sumiko said cheerfully as she was practically bouncing across the floor by this point. "I can't wait to see what's outside!"

"I'd be regretting every moment of my existence if it wasn't for the fact that I wasn't the one who chose to be here."

"Before I go I want to inform you that I know a healing spell, so if you are injured, come to me, I can treat serious wounds, broken bones and burns and if you lose an arm or a leg I can reattach them ... the limb just needs to be in decent condition, if it is ash or completely torn to pieces ... I suggest you get a prosthesis ... or let you grow it again "I explain.

"Oh ... and the same goes for the organs too, I can heal serious lacerations, but if you are torn ... I can do nothing"

[I searched for information, this is pretty much what a Restoration school spell can do ... at least to my level]

"Alright, I suppose we should get going now," the professor muttered as he fidgeted with his hands before moving away from his miniature armory and heading towards a different corner of his bunker. It wouldn't be long until they were heading up an impossibly long set of stairs. "Now, uh...as a general warning, you are likely going to be attacked by...most things out there. The invading force isn't exactly one for negotiations. All I'm saying is...be prepared for some violence. It's...certainly not fun."

Sumiko didn't listen to a word the professor was saying as she was already running up the stairs. "Whee, let's go~!"

Still inside the lab, i start having blood leak out of my hand. I eventually figure out that i can manipulate blood freely. I make a knife out of it and put it in my pocket.

I see a door that leads to outside the lab and slowly open it. I take a peak over the other side.

The professor would take a moment and count those that were with him. Realizing that he was missing someone, he sighed and pressed a button on his watch. "Hold on for a moment."

In the lab where Devickum (yeah?) was, there was a sudden sound of something buzzing. A drone came out of nowhere and flew in front of the newcomer. "Please, follow me. The professor needs you." The drone then began to fly off.

Finally that thing came to good use..

The drone would lead you up a big ol' staircase, and over towards the professor, who had stopped at one of the turns of the staircase. He smiled at Devickum as he approached. "Sorry about forgetting you. I've been a bit overwhelmed by all of this. I haven't spoken to a real person in...far too long."

Pain flooding my veins, I fall limply to the floor without the restraints to support me. Hearing distant voices, I lay there until there was only a dull ache in my arms. Pressing my fists against the ground to lift me up, I find claws between each of my knuckles. Stunned, I slowly bring them together only for lightning to flicker between them, illuminating my arms to reveal rough, bark like skin (a pair of awesome gloves too but those take a backseat rn).

"............ well that's new." I whisper. Bringing my attention away from the new addition to my limbs

How the **** do I put these away? Ca I put these away?

My ears catch the tail end of a conversation.

"-essor needs you."

"Uhh, alright."

A robotic voice followed by an unsure one. Looking in that direction, I see a man walking through a door. With no other signs of life in the room (that I could tell at least), I quietly followed after the only person I had seen so far.

"Now, I suppose if everyone is prepared, we should get going." The professor approached a little keypad next to the giant metal door at the top of the staircase. He pressed a few buttons on the keypad and, slowly, the door began to move. It was shifting to the left ever so slightly...eventually it's be completely open.

On the outside you'd see nothin but a desolate landscape, dead grass and trees being the only thing fitting your vision, and above, storm clouds were collecting. They were swirling around the bunker in an unnatural pattern, as if someone was forcing their movement. The land was dark...it was difficult to make out many things. "Well...welcome to earth..."

"Wow, I see that the conquerors know the tactics of making scorched earth ... or they were the natives?Even if I would bet everything on the collateral damage that the war has caused" I say, looking around.

"It's not like I expected a bright green landscape but it's still shocking to see."

"At least it's not the planet Varnax, that place was teeming with life ... then the archdemon Maal Bag arrived and destroyed everything" I exclaim, and then spit on the ground.

"Now his impure corpse lies in the darkest depths of hell"

"We should probably do something before she somehow attracts the attention of everything in a fifty mile radius."

"Okay! If there is one thing I learned in Master Ceranus's strategy lessons at the Academy it is that the first thing to do when you're in enemy territory is to find information, probably there will be a squadron on patrol in this place , if the conquerors have created an empire they will probably also have created a military force to suppress any rebellion "I explain, crossing my arms.

"What we need to do is find their soldiers, capture them and extract from them every possible information"

"And what information do you plan on getting, exactly?" The professor asked as he began to move out of his bunker and into the dark, dreary environment outside. He glanced around nervously as he moved, hands holding tightly to the handle of his guns. "I'm not sure how many of them...actually know a lot..."

As they walked, some might be able to see that the air was getting thicker...like a fog closing in..

"No, no, it's just that some of them are just lackeys...trust me on that. They don't exactly do much besides follow orders. They don't ask questions, they don't wait for a greater explanation. They just...do what they're told."

"Uh, if you say so," the professor said with a frown as he continued walking further away from the bunker. The group would only be able to walk a couple feet before, suddenly, the fog rolled in with surprising quickness, covering about ten feet in only a couple seconds. The professor could be heard chuckling nervously. "Well, this doesn't seem good.."

"We should probably get her to stop, before she ends up in a ambush or something."

[Do the PCs know each other's names?]

Back