• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

From Darkness We Rise (Thread 1)

((Likely not? Never had time to introduce each other.))

"Well, yes, certainly not a good sign, but I think that-" it was then that you would all hear a faint...growling sound? You could see the professor tense up for a moment before he suddenly seemed to...turn around and head back towards the bunker. "No...no no no. No, no!" He seemed to be in a major bit of distress.

Something sure was scaring him

"Hmm~?" Sumiko casually looked up to see the professor running away, having been rolling around in the dead grass.

You wouldn't actually see the professor get close to the bunker, as shortly afterwards, he'd let it a loud scream and scramble away from the direction he was just going. He saw something through the fog that terrified him, and the growling sound had gotten louder.

"So, you finally showed up, Doctor,?" Asked a feminine voice before a pair of creatures came out. One was clearly a woman in a suit of armor, and in her hand was a leash, which connected to about three strange creatures that were presumably making the growling sound. Her emotionless gaze turned towards the group of heroes. "And you brought friends. It's so pitiful that you think it'll help."

"I...I-I, uh..." the doctor suddenly scrambled up to his feet and ran away from the girl and her pet aliens. "Kill her kill her kill her!"

Muishiki points at the woman with her knife. "Have at thee foul star fruit!" She then becomes nonexistent on a mental level, effectively disappearing from everyone else's memory and vision.

[note: when I do actions while nonexistent I'll type like this]

"Oh, what adorable abominations, I bet they really love roast meat ... because they will soon become it" I exclaimed and then let a flame appear on my palms, I grab them making them vibrate and finally throw them, creating two bullets of fire.

Quickly change spell to create an electric orb between my hands and throw it,turning it into a lightning.

Sumiko glanced up at the woman with the monsters, before the catgirl stood up and cheerfully walked over to her. "Hii~! Your dogs are so cute~!" The neko said seemingly blissfully to the woman.

[I discovered an interesting thing, apparently firebolt has a range of 469 feet, more than 140 meters ... while lightningbolt has a range of 141 feet, but compensates this with the speed of a true lightning, unlike firebolt that it has a speed of 117 ft / s (35 m / s)]

[I just want to point out that Ciel's lightning manip is throwing literal lightning bolts at opponents or drawing a cross infront of her and bombarding them with lightning. Just wanted to point that out before I ended up using it in combat]

Muishiki slowly walks up to lady. "Hello there! Would you like to meat my friend?" She holds out her knife. "I'm thinking of naming him Jooooohn!" She stabs her in the chest.

[>tfw you don't exist on a mental level ovo]

Before the fire bolts could make it to the aliens, within the blink of an eye the woman was in their line of fire, and she caught them out of the air with enough grace to not cause them to explode. She spun them around in her hands and slammed them together. There was an explosion of flames that was at at the epicenter of, but she didn't seem effected in the slightest. She then grabbed Sumiko and tossed her into the oncoming lightning bolt, doing so rather casually. As for the knife, there was nothing that pierced her armor, and instead Muishiki could just feel it clank off. She chuckled.

"Please, I'm not going to waste my time killing you." She brought her hand up to one of the aliens and rubbed the top of its head like you would a dog. "You're so below me that it isn't worth my effort. Instead...how about we have a little fun with you?"

The fog dispersed as she spoke, and it was clear she had something to do with the weather around the bunker. "Because, I could kill you here. It'd be easy, but...I want to make things interesting...if you wish to hear me out."

"I guess as it stands right now we have no choice but to hear you out." I say while keeping the knife gripped tightly at my side

"We listen to you, woman ... but if you talk about superior race, government run by Gods or other nonsense in which you and your superiors believe ... you will become ash" I say, covering my hands with electric shocks.

Sumiko just smiled as she casually sat up, covered in smoke from the lightning bolt. "Whatcha wanna say~?" The catgirl said to the woman.

[Also, for the use of incitement, do you want me to just say something like [insert the pseudo-mindhax quote here].?]

((I'd prefer you actually say something Yobo and not just an inert here quote.))

The woman stared at the cactus sword aimed at her and shook her head. Once the mage has spoken, she let out a laugh. "God, how pretentious do you think I am? Besides, you're not worth the waste of breath."

She rubbed the top of the leashed creatures head. "My dear pets here haven't had a chance to really go out and kill something in a long time. They're itching for something to hunt...and I think that you'd be the perfect prey. So, I'll allow you to do...whatever it is you want to do, and I'll send my pets after you to hunt you down! Sounds good, doesn't it?"

"Really? This is your plan? Unleashing your hideous animals to make them play mouse hunt? Wow ... this is the plan-" I widen my eyes and then show a false smile.

"More cruel than I've ever heard, how about giving us a couple of minutes to escape or to enjoy them like our last moments of life?" I ask, always with a false smile.

Looking at the group in confusion, I gesture for them to calm down.

"Hold up, why are some of you just agreeing? Whats the difference of us fighting them now instead of later? Hell, I'd argue its worse for us if we run and get hunted."

"As it stands now if we try to fight them here even with our advantage in numbers we likely would lose to her. If she just sends her pets after us later we might have a chance."

[I mean, wasn't it said that there would have to be a specific term for it to work. I wouldn't necessarily know the right thing to say out of universe]

Back