• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

From Darkness We Rise (Thread 1)

Jackythejack

They/Them
A scientist sits alone in a bunker. A hole underground that he managed to make home in, like some rat or cornered animal. He's dozens upon dozens of feet below the ground. The things that separate him from the world are plenty. Twenty inch thick steel platings, dozens of feet of sedimentary rock, a turret system implemented halfway down the stairway, designed to fire at anything that he doesn't specifically say is allowed, and a locked door that weighs several tons. He'd have to reprogram the turrets to not shoot his new test subjects, but that's an easy fix. He already had the coding ready, he just needed to input it into the systems.

The man was currently poking at some food that he had stolen from god knows what universe. His machines had gotten so advanced that he can just take small, inconsequential things from other universes. One of the most inconsequential things he could take was food. The only problem was he didn't know what this stuff was. It dissolved the moment it hit his tongue, and it didn't taste like anything. He knew it was food, but it surely wasn't appetizing.

After a minute of an unsatisfying breakfast he sighed and pushed his plate away from him. It was time, and he knew it was time. He had already picked out the souls in advance. He handpicked them, through a system that was far too complex and based off of gut feelings to explain in a scientific manner. Just taking these souls was defying everything that he was taught about gut feelings, but...he knew this was right. He had to.

"And their families?" The professor muttered to himself as he slowly stood up from his chair. He shook his head as he walked away from his table. What was he talking about? Their families? He could care less about the impact taking their souls could cause. Who knows, if he didn't do this, they may have no families to go back to. He didn't know when this madness, this imposing force of nature, this invading force of power and conquest, was going to stop. It was impossible to determine if they were stopping here...who knows how far they could get...

"I'll make them stop here," the old man muttered as he hurried his step and walked towards a gigantic contraption. A supercomputer connected to many different tubes and chambers. Within them, various bodies stood. They were all makeshift, he made them all out of random body parts he was able to store in his bunker before the world went to hell. For the moment, these were all he had. The fate of the world rests in ten or so people. Sounded impossible, destined for failure, but...there's only so many things he could do.

"Let's get this over with." The scientist muttered as he went to his computer and began tapping keys on the keyboard. He was booting up the systems, booting up the multiversal retrieval system (he was so glad he found the USB outside), and he was selecting what he needed to retrieve. He remembered the coordinates like the back of his hand, and he knew what he needed to do.

>Retrieve the souls

Pressing down on his enter key, Dr. Valentine knew that he just sealed the fate of a dozen souls that resided in the multiverse. A dozen people would be ripped from their homes and put into this dark hell that the scientist was trying to crawl out from. He was trying to save humanity, he had told himself. The ends justify the means. Besides, he can send them home afterwards. It's not a problem, right?

Only a second after the command was sent out to the machine, the entire fabric of reality shook. Everyone in the universe would be able to feel it. Hell, maybe everyone in the multiverse could feel the shaking as small but important parts were ripped from the foundation of this multiverse so that the machine could access who knows how many different worlds. It wasn't the first time that the doctor felt the shaking in his very soul, the fabric of his being feeling like it was going to untangle and disappear into the air itself. The first time he felt this was sixty years ago, the day when humanity was forced underground in bunkers to survive…

This time, it felt wrong. Like the whole universe was protesting his act. Protesting the idea of him playing god, of messing with something that no man of science was supposed to be messing with. It was too late to stop the machine, though. Already, it's metaphorical tendrils were reaching across the multiverse to grab the souls it needed.

Those whose soul was taken by the machine would not know what happened. They'd feel a tug in the very pit of their being. This feeling of being pulled would not last long, as the soul would eventually give, and the poor, unfortunate souls would be ripped from their bodies and flown across the untold chaos between universes and into the one that Dr. Valentine resided in.

There was a loud boom that sounded out in the universe as the souls had reached their destination, this one universe out of the unknown amount that rests within this very multiverse. Dr. Valentine watched as he saw his machine get to work, pumping the very essence of a soul into the containers which held the bodies he had created. The soul would be placed into a new body, a foreign body, to the owner of the soul, and slowly, the souls would awake once more, and come into consciousness.

Those who woke up would see that they were in a completely different area then where they were only a few seconds ago. They were in a dark chamber, restrained by some unknown shackles, unable to move. They could also feel that they were connected to...something. Some strange tubes that were connected to their body, for unknown reasons. Though, what truly mattered was that they were awake, and they were alive, and soon, they will be given their powers.

But for now, there was only confusion and uncertainty for the saviors.

Meta Thread

"Nyah??" Sumiko looked around in bewilderment, the neko finding herself bound by her shackles. Her eyes widening to exaggerated degrees, the catgirl looked around at her bindings, twisting and stretching her neck around in a toonish fashion.

Slowly opening my new eyes, i scan the room, gaining an odd feeling of deja vu

Why do i feel like i was expecting this...bah, it's nothing

Finding myself bound to a wall, i simply wait silently

Awakening in a dark place seemingly chained up I panic before noting the tubes hooked up to me.

Maybe trying to break out isn't the smartest idea

Sitting in front of my computer monitor, I continued typing up my PC's profile for the upcoming campaign. Out of nowhere, disaster strikes as a sharp pain lances through my chest before the blackness floods my vision. Eventually opening my eyes to the all encompassing darkness, only a single thought crossed my mind

...... I don't think that was a normal heart attack ..... ****. I can't see without my glasses.

I wake up and are very confused of not finding myself in my bed.

Immidiatly i jump to the logical conclusion that this is a dream ... more nightmare ,,,

... oh, right i am also bounded.

I hope i am not having a nightmare about being in a monster girl dungeo

Muishiki wakes up and looks around. "Hoo hum~, what's happening now~!" She doesn't seem to care or is confused about the situation, as one needs emotions and a personality for that.

I awake, darkness and confusion cloud my mind. I can't move, and my vision is strange.

Am i hallucinating again? Goddamnit...

After thinking for a bit, i immediatly fall asleep.

"Oh, my goodness. It actually worked!" The voice of an old man came from somewhere within the chamber the "subjects" were in. It was hard to pinpoint where it was coming from, but it was very loud. "Uh, listen, now I know you must have many questions, and I can answer them all when we're done. I just need to do one thing first...welcome to the universe, by the way."

The rapid clicking of keys on a keyboard could be heard and the sound of a man muttering under his breath. "Now, if I'm right about this, the pain you're about to feel is...excruciating, but temporary, and very much necessary, so...sorry about this."

There was one final click and the sound of some machine starting up. You'd feel something pour through the tubes that was connected to your body, and within a second you'd feel an excruciating pain. Much more painful for some of you than others. You'd also feel your body start to change. The very core of your being was being effected by this machine.

For some of you, parts of your body would morph and shift into a plantlike substance, and bones would be coated with a strange metallic substances. For others, you feel the inner reaches of your mind opening up to you. You can hear more, smell more, feel your mind open up, and you can already tell that you're able of doing strange, new things.

Once your body was done changing in the worst and likely most painful of ways, the tubes would retracts from your body, and you can feel that they, somehow, didn't leave any wounds. The only thing that was left was the changes in your body and your mind.

"Now, I'm going to release you now. I'm sure you'll have many questions, and I'll ask them all as long as, well...you don't try to hurt me." Suddenly, the door to the chambers you were stuck in opened up, and your restraints suddenly gave way, allowing you to stumble out of your chamber, where you would see the giant machine you were strapped up to, and an old, balding man in a lab coat next to a giant computer screen.

"Freedom!" Sumiko yelled happily as she bounded away from her chamber on all fours, before she flopped onto her back and started rolling around on the floor.

I am released from my chamber. I fall to the ground and hit my head.

"Owie..."

I stay on the floor, hoping nothing from the other chambers attack me.

Muishiki floats over to the science guy, she seems to be ignoring the pain and/or discomfort entirely. "Helllloooooooo! Do you have any food?" Muishiki says before she starts looking around, she seems to have already lost interest in looking for food.

The PAIN ...

IT HURTS.

I start dashing and flying in a random zig-zag pattern across the room, screaming in pain, while green chains happear from my body and start wobbling around.

I kneel, panting as I look around, then look at the old man with an angry expression.

"Old Man! I hope you had a good reason to use any pathetic reminder spell to summon me here! I was in the midst of one of the most important research of my life!"

That was unpleasant I think while looking around at the others in the room. I locate the man who offered to answer our questions.

"Well then who are you old man and where am I?"

Surveying the lab wouldn't give you much new information, and instead it would just give you what you probably already knew. It was a lab looking area, with a giant machine taking up most of the room, and there was only one doorway out, which seemed to be pretty closed at the moment.

"Now, I know that some of you are upset, but just...let me explain myself." The old man put a hand on his chest as he cleared his throat. "My name is Dr. Robert Valentine. I am a scientist who has brought you here via one of my machines. I...brought you to an entirely new universe because, well...humanity needs your help. Possibly more needs your help, but as far as I know humanity is the only thing inhabiting this universe...either way, what you should know is that there has been an awful force that has taken over my planet and...well, I brought you here to fight that force.."

Valentine didn't really prepare a speech, though perhaps he should have...

I get up massaging my throat.

"You ... you called me and these freaks," I say, pointing to the others present.

"To save your world? Are you crazy or mentally deviated?" I ask.

Sumiko wasn't paying any attention anymore; the catgirl was currently cleaning herself, her right leg lifted upwards as she cleaned herself with her tongue.

"Well, that's a bit rude to ask," Valentine muttered as he rubbed the back of his head. He was a short guy, too. He just barely passed five feet in height. "I'll have you know I am a man of science. I have good intentions behind what I'm doing. It's for the good of the human race!"

Overlord775 said:
I start dashing and flying in a random zig-zag pattern across the room, screaming in pain, while green chains happear from my body and start wobbling around.
More of this

Muishiki watches the person who is screaming in pain, after a couple seconds of watching she flys over. "How ya dooooin~?"

"Well, a way home is one thing," he said with a sigh as his eyes were averted from the one who seemed to be the most aggressive of the bunch. He shook his head. "Besides, once they're done here, who knows if they'll stop at this universe. This force could be much more dangerous than one could ever expect. They've already traveled to this universe; I don't think they'd stop st just this one."

[I hope the characters wear clothes, because I'm afraid the bodies I'm in now don't wear them ... and that would be quite embarrassing]

"Tell me more about this force we have to take care of."

I say locking eyes with the old man

I look at the old doctor for a few moments and then I sigh wearily.

"Okay ... I will help you, but let it be clear ... if the situation turns out to be more dangerous than it is now ... I will not hesitate to leave"

Junkoposter said:
Muishiki watches the person who is screaming in pain, after a couple seconds of watching she flys over. "How ya dooooin~?"
I stop screaming and look at the girl.

"Uh ... feeling really weird."

I respond.

"Well, this current situation right here is honestly rather peaceful. No one can get into my bunker." Valentine glanced to the other one, who's name he didn't actually know, and frowned. "I don't know what exactly to call this force. All I know is that they have hopped into this universe, and took over the earth in a manner of days. We were all forced underground as they destroyed our cities and killed our people...and that was sixty years ago. They're still up there, but I have no clue what on earth they could be doing."

Muishiki laughs. "That's neat!" She disappears and reappears right in font of the not-screaming anymore persons face. "What's your name?"

"Pff, that's all? At Zelfras' academy we face demonic waves practically every day," I say, crossing my arms.

Back