• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Frieza Downgrade (Forms 1-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pietro Maximoff said:
Hmm, what was wrong with the old calc?
they had the same result actually its just the old calc for some reason added a vaporazation result even though it was clearly fragmentation why does the wiki use the vaporazation result when its clearly fragmentation

Pietro Maximoff said:
Hmm, what was wrong with the old calc?
Highballed and inaccurate mass scatter. Way too short a timeframe (0.1 second) was used.

The reason is explained further within the new calc itself

Hmm. It would cause us lots of trouble to rescale most of the Dragon Ball characters again, so I am not enthusiastic, but you can ask the current calculation group members, along with Alakabamm and RavenSupreme, to take a look at if this seems accurate.

This is what i assume to be a big change of sorts to all the characters from the Namek Saga and beyond, eh?

I only see a bunch of light remaining after the 3 frames, presumably from the attack itself. I don't see any mass left there (except the few stones in front of the camera).

Ok so look at the picture on the right:
0000comparison
At the top after 3 frames.

At the middle after 10 frames.

At the bottom after 24 frames.

3 frames is what we currently have for a value. 10 frames is still the same attack potency level (11 probably work as well). 24 frames is what the new calc suggests.

So for one thing the majority of the mass is already completly off screen we only see relatively small bits still flying around in the first two pictures. In the third we see none flying around. But those few pieces difference in itself aren't such a big amount that it would change the calc in my opinion.

Furthermore if one looks closely one will notice that the parts going to the right are already off-screen. The only planet parts still on screen didn't go straight to the side, but at the POV. The distance to the POV is different than the distance to the side of the screen.

So all in all I would think small star level is the more appropiate result, with dwarf star level being more of a low end.

Okay. Thanks a lot for the help. I am glad that we seem to be able to keep the old result, as rescaling lots of characters over and over and over is growing extremely tiresome.

Yeah, it's getting really annoying having to look at the pages being re-edited based on new things like this. I know that that's what we're kind of supposed to do but sometimes it get's ridonkulous, man~

Yup. Dragon Ball has been a big mess in this area, and we still have to rescale the DBGT character speeds.

The calc assumes

-that we know the structure of the planet

-that the layers of a planet with odd impossible gravity all have the same density

-that the deeper and therefore denser parts of the planet weren't vaporized and as part of the explosio

-that the scattering rocks were the only things that had mass

Using the expansion speed (See second method) of the attack's explosion itself is far less assumptive.

Well that calculation might does make more sense.

It`s quite a low end, but I guess the expansion speed of the gas cloud would be safer given that it indicates that not all mass was blown apart that fast (even through it`s by far not all, as said it's quite a low end)

Well, I really hope that we do not have to revise all of the Dragon Ball characters once again. It takes up an awful lot of time.

Antvasima said:
Well, I really hope that we do not have to revise all of the Dragon Ball characters once again. It takes up an awful lot of time.
Me and Lordaizen can do it for you, if it's a bother. I don't mind, and I don't think LAS would either

Well, we would have to figure out to which values that we should rescale them as well.

Anyway, DontTalk mentioned that it was a low end, so let's wait and see for the moment.

It is a low end, but I don't think one can properly quantify how much higher than this it actually is. At least not to a relevant degree (working against gravity could be considered, but wouldn't make the value much higher)

It might be best to get input from the other calc members to make sure we have to rescale (and if we do that it is the last time), but I think we probably have to.

Okay. I talked with Lord Kavpeny about this, and he says that he is able to rescale the Dragon Ball characters depending on the outcome, and Faisal says that he and Aizen can do the practical changes, so I suppose that it is alright.

Btw: You can ask Alakabamm and RavenSupreme for input as well.

I have now asked them for help to evaluate this.

OK, I took the liberty of breaking it down into frames myself (20 FPS) and the attached image is what I get for 3 frames (0.15 seconds). That lines up with what I saw in the original calc so I'm fine with that.

Frame 56 delay-0.05s
Frankly, I don't understand why we would use a higher timespan that this in calculating the mass ***********. If you are freaking out about the core of the planet. the core doesn't disappear even during the end of the clip itself, so there is no way to account for that. If we are considering just the little balls of light to be the majority of the planet's mass, most of them have completely left by the 3 frame interval.

I saw the new lowball version of the speed on the other calc, but I think that it is playing with depth a little too much because it intentionally picks a ball of light on the upper part of the screen. Also, having checked a bunch of the frames, I can confirm that a lot of those balls of light don't appear to move at all (which is inconsistent, likely a result of animation quality and suggests that using the balls of light for speed is inaccurate).

As for the gas *********** velocity, I think I am okay with it, but it is definitely a lowball.

we never use FPS for timeframes, luckily we can compare to natural space explosions like supernova's and the like and see what we get, its not perfect but its better then FPS...

Well, DontTalk wrote a Cinematic Time page for these types of situations, but I don't remember if it mentioned frames per seconds.

General prohibition in Cinematic time is new for me and we (I and Lord Kavpeny mainly) decided, that a reasonable use should be acceptable.

Reasonable use being defined by the rules on mentioned Cinematic Time page.

I agree with DontTalk. We allow reasonable use now. The page is approved by both Lord Kavpeny, DontTalk, and myself.

That said, it is a more complicated page to understand than any other of our instruction pages, so it probably requires a few read-throughs.

so are we using 1.7 tenaton base frieza?

keep in mind 50 percent frieza is approx 20 x kaoiken post zenkai goku

so 100 percent frieza is 40 x post zenkai goku

so even if we assume post zenkai goku = 3 x base frieza (which is not that much of a gap)

final form frieza will be like star level

so ssj goku to ssj trunks can be star level+

and andorids 17 and 18 can be explicitely star + to low end large star via powerscaling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back