• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Four Knights of the Apocalypse/Nanatsu no Taizai Main Discussion Thread

images

Unholy Manipulation is the power to control and generate energies, elements, objects and entities that have been deemed hellish, demonic or unholy, forces that are connected with demons, evil spirits and anti-gods. The opposed power to Holy Manipulation.

Unless you can find a demonic character who doesn't apply to any of these things stated above then pretty much all demonic/devilsh creatures would have Unholy Manipulation just inherently.

Zagred actually has Unholy Manipulation but since his profile sucks dick and balls it hasn't been added yet, it's being added when Clover's Physiology thread is done.

Samething with Zagred, both should have Unholy Manipulation but since the profiles are out of date they don't have them.

So what does it do other than being called unholy? Does cause negative effects to things, people, the environment, etc.
Corruption: The negative mana of a devil can corrupt the magic attribute of anyone who takes it in.

Mind Manipulation: As with magic attributes, a devil's negative mana can corrupt the mind of someone who takes it in.

Madness Manipulation: The negative mana-induced corruption of one's mind can drive them insane.

Possible Uses Of Unholy Manipulation

Empowerment: Users obtain inhuman levels of strength, speed, stamina, and even increase one's mental and spiritual capabilities by being empowered by evil entities. Few users can even become a vessel for a greater evil.

Example: Fraudrin and Dreyfus (Vessel) (Fraudrin empowered Dreyfus, and even gave him his Size Manipulation ability), Demon Blood (Empowers those who drink it), Commandments (Give abilities and increases power)

Thaumaturgy: Call upon the power of demons and devils through prayer and rituals, and perform "miracles".

Example: None

Summoning: Synchronize the power with lesser unholy entities, either for combat purposes, induce curses or possessing others.

Example: The Commandments (Various harmful abilities), Fraudrin (Possession)

Corruption: Turns the purest soul and twist the clearest mind by inducing sin and vice into the heart. Some times, converting beings into demons, devil or other types of evil spirit its possible.

Example: Demon Blood (Turned Holy Knights into Demons), Commandments (Made Mael insane), and Greyroad/Grey Road (Can turn individuals who kill into demons)

Energy/Elemental Manipulation: Generate, shape and control the innate energies, elements, and matter innate from the depts of hell, such hellfire, faust water, cursed earth, and corrupted light, as there's no element that can't be considered unholy. Due to their esoteric nature, these forces may be capable to directly affect the soul of the target, ignoring conventional durability and protections.

Example: Hellblaze (Doesn't quickly go out and can neg Regeneration)

I think it's ok unholy manipulation for demon clan, we have goddess clan who have ability based on holy light manipulation, and demon clan is opposite of goddess clan who use purely darkness. Iirc red demon hendy ever said when he fight meliodas, that goddess and druid is hate demon clan because they are unnatural state or something

Possible Uses Of Unholy Manipulation

Empowerment: Users obtain inhuman levels of strength, speed, stamina, and even increase one's mental and spiritual capabilities by being empowered by evil entities. Few users can even become a vessel for a greater evil.

Example: Fraudrin and Dreyfus (Vessel) (Fraudrin empowered Dreyfus, and even gave him his Size Manipulation ability), Demon Blood (Empowers those who drink it), Commandments (Give abilities and increases power)

Thaumaturgy: Call upon the power of demons and devils through prayer and rituals, and perform "miracles".

Example: None

Summoning: Synchronize the power with lesser unholy entities, either for combat purposes, induce curses or possessing others.

Example: The Commandments (Various harmful abilities), Fraudrin (Possession)

Corruption: Turns the purest soul and twist the clearest mind by inducing sin and vice into the heart. Some times, converting beings into demons, devil or other types of evil spirit its possible.

Example: Demon Blood (Turned Holy Knights into Demons), Commandments (Made Mael insane), and Greyroad/Grey Road (Can turn individuals who kill into demons)

Energy/Elemental Manipulation: Generate, shape and control the innate energies, elements, and matter innate from the depts of hell, such hellfire, faust water, cursed earth, and corrupted light, as there's no element that can't be considered unholy. Due to their esoteric nature, these forces may be capable to directly affect the soul of the target, ignoring conventional durability and protections.

Example: Hellblaze (Doesn't quickly go out and can neg Regeneration)
Also darkness counts as elemental manipulation

I think it's ok unholy manipulation for demon clan, we have goddess clan who have ability based on holy light manipulation, and demon clan is opposite of goddess clan who use purely darkness. Iirc red demon hendy ever said when he fight meliodas, that goddess and druid is hate demon clan because they are unnatural state or something
NGL IMO, that's not enough

"Group X uses Light Manipulation and has Holy Manipulation, therefore Group Y should have Unholy Manipulation because they're the opposite and can use Darkness, and Group Y is said to be unnatural"

What would be great would be a list of feats to go with the statements to solidify it, such as:

Group Y should have Unholy Manipulation because they're able to do this (Corrupt, Posses, etc.) and that (Empower, Summoning, etc.). They're also stated to be Blah, Blah, Blah, Demon, Opposite, Dark, etc.

I'm glad you guys are keeping NNT/4KotA alive here as well as consistently updating the verse (which I appreciate).

Like I've mentioned in the past I got burned out after all the wasted potential in NNT manga not to mention the anime adaption that was... disappointing in the end (and never really recovered).

Perhaps one day I might be motivated to be actively interested in the verse again but until then I'll observing it from a distance (I don't want to be burned again tbh).

Keep up the excellent work!

Back