• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Four Knights of the Apocalypse/Nanatsu no Taizai Main Discussion Thread

I've already made that part of the chain.

Anyway, I'd appreciate it if you could cool off on asking me questions for a bit. I'm not trying to offend you, or anything, I'm just a little busy.

My Explanation for the High 7-A rating is

In one of the novels it's stated that each sin has Tenfold the magic and Martial abilities of a ordinary Holy knight. To make this statement more consistent The Power level Requirement to be a Holy Knight in Liones is 300 and dividing that by For example Ban's Power level of 3220, the result is similar to the 10× differences between a Sin and Holy knight.

The reason why I brought this up is because Guila and Jericho who were Holy Knight Apprentices(Not even actual Holy knights) Attained the Red Demon Blood and it Amped them to the point of Dominating Both Ban and Meliodas, So the Amp would actually be >10× but the Difference between Holy Knights Apprentices and The Seven Deadly sins is Unknown

My Explanation for the High 7-A rating is

In one of the novels it's stated that each sin has Tenfold the magic and Martial abilities of a Holy knight. To make this statement more consistent The Power level Requirement to be a Holy Knight in Liones is 300 and dividing that by For example Ban's Power level of 3220, the result is similar to the 10× differences between a Sin and Holy knight.

The reason why I brought this up is because Guila and Jericho who were Holy Knight Apprentices(Not even actual Holy knights) Attained the Red Demon Blood and it Amped them to the point of Dominating Both Ban and Meliodas, So the Amp would actually be >10× but the Difference between Holy Knights Apprentices and The Seven Deadly sins is Unknown
What about the fact that Gilthunder wrecked Hendrickson when he was fighting Meliodas with difficulty?

That was only Base Hendrickson and probably due to a emotion amp which is stated to have influence over one's power during some circumstances
But a 10x amp is ludicrous maybe 2x or 3x can work. Yeah but Gil wrecked Hendrickson so bad when they both were having trouble with Meliodas.

But a 10x amp is ludicrous maybe 2x or 3x can work. Yeah but Gil wrecked Hendrickson so bad when they both were having trouble with Meliodas.
It's not Ludicrous when it's outright stated that Each sin is 10× of a Regular Holy knight the ****, all I'm doing here is Connecting the dots, You're arguing from Incredulity

In one of the novels it's stated that each sin has Tenfold the magic and Martial abilities of a ordinary Holy knight. To make this statement more consistent The Power level Requirement to be a Holy Knight in Liones is 300 and dividing that by For example Ban's Power level of 3220, the result is similar to the 10× differences between a Sin and Holy knight.

Unlike Hendrickson, they used a different and unstable method that heavily altered their bodies. There's even previously fodder characters overwhelming Diane when they mutate.

Plus, this scaling doesn't work, as Red Demons, Ban and Meliodas themselves are the ones who are 7-B+ and 7-A. You can't backscale from the Sins to upscale them.

It's not Ludicrous when it's outright stated that Each sin is 10× of a Regular Holy knight the ****, all I'm doing here is Connecting the dots, You're arguing from Incredulity
Alright please calm down I was just voicing my thoughts on the matter. Well power levels are not linear and are inconsistent

We're also not assuming it multiplies them. It just adds the power of whatever Demon they assimilate.

For example, Dale's power level of 1,220 shot up to 2,490, which is exactly in the range of power for the 1,000 to 1,300 power level of a Red Demon.

Unlike Hendrickson, they used a different and unstable method that heavily altered their bodies. There's even previously fodder characters overwhelming Diane when they mutate.

Plus, this scaling doesn't work, as Red Demons, Ban and Meliodas themselves are the ones who are 7-B+ and 7-A. You can't backscale from the Sins to upscale them.
I'm pretty sure Both Guila and Jericho Drank the Red Demons Blood, For reference check chapter 30, The Other method I'm not sure about I'm going based of My memory.

I don't get this point, Red Demons are one thing and getting Amped by their blood is a different thing, Their Blood gets a character who's not even a Holy Knight to Dominating a Sin, I don't see how I am backscaling the sins?

We're also not assuming it multiplies them. It just adds the power of whatever Demon they assimilate.

For example, Dale's power level of 1,220 shot up to 2,490, which is exactly in the range of power for the 1,000 to 1,300 power level of a Red Demon.
time to take in the DK

I'm pretty sure Both Guila and Jericho Drank the Red Demons Blood, For reference check chapter 30, The Other method I'm not sure about I'm going based of My memory.
I was forgetting. It's just that he was fully compatible, and considered the others failures.
I don't get this point, Red Demons are one thing and getting Amped by their blood is a different thing, Their Blood gets a character who's not even a Holy Knight to Dominating a Sin, I don't see how I am backscaling the sins?
I'm not saying you are. I'm saying this scaling would have to rely on that to even remotely work (or not actually work at all) because Meliodas and Ban are the ones with the ratings.

Anyway, like I said, the boost is stated to be additive, and it doesn't even remotely work with Hendrickson fighting Meliodas in both states with the same weapon.

Alright so If let's take Jericho who had a base a Base Power level 270 Jump up to similar Power levels of Ban's 3220 then she would've had a +2950 increase from her base

Assuming it increases Hendrickson the same amount then he'd be going from let's say he's Mountain level scaling to Meliodas(He should be on a similar level) then he'd be 3076 megatons when Getting a Red Demon amp

If he was still City level+ he'd be 3013 megatons

Red Demons don't have Ban's power level (it's 1,000 to 1,300), and you're assuming power levels are linear multipliers.

Also, Jericho only overpowered Ban because she had a Sacred Treasure and was faster. She's portrayed as far inferior to Gilthunder, Howzer and Guila physically.

It just adds the power of Red Demons.

There's no multipliers.

Red Demons don't have Ban's power level (it's 1,000 to 1,300), and you're assuming power levels are linear multipliers.
I know I'm not asserting they have Ban's Power Level.

Infact Ban should be also getting a Mountain level rating for being 2.47× stronger than the strongest red demon imo

Well for now in this period of 7ds, unless there's some counter arguments for it not being linear

Sorry, I read it wrong.

No he shouldn't. Red Demons are just stronger than characters comparable to or even much higher than their overall power levels, like Denzel.

Also, by this logic, Meliodas should only be somewhat stronger than Ban. Clearly power levels aren't linear.

That means nakaba retconned the power levels of Red Demons since the strongest has a power level of 1300

Meliodas is Somewhat stronger than Ban tho, Pretty sure it's even stated that a Punch from Meliodas is equal to several of Ban's punch

If anything Power levels are inconsistent asf which speedster mentioned earlier

Red Demons have had power levels 1,000 or higher since their introduction. They were never retconned, they're just way stronger than their overall power levels suggest—probably due to having low spirit, or something.

Then Poor choice of words, What I'm trying to say it's contradicted, With the strongest one being 1300 how is Denzel who's power level is 2000+ Weaker than a red demon

I guess it's because power level not only focusing on one aspect, maybe the red demon has higher strength and magic than denzel, and denzel is only high in willpower. Maybe that's also the reason he was willing to sacrifice himself to summon nerobasta, because of his willpower to save the Liones

Then Poor choice of words, What I'm trying to say it's contradicted, With the strongest one being 1300 how is Denzel who's power level is 2000+ Weaker than a red demon
No, I already talked about that. It’s just like Aether said, you’re focusing on overall power levels.

Without spirit, which is simply willpower, someone like BoS Meliodas’ power level power level of 3370 drops to just 1,360.

Red Demons (and Gray Demons, considering their performance against Gilthunder) probably just have the vast majority of their power devoted to magic and physicals like many characters after the Albion Arc.

Last edited:
I still don’t see why Hendrickson’s durability would need to be twice as high as his AP to take that attack while blocking and receive a gash on his forehead, especially given how surface area factors in.

I still don’t see why Hendrickson’s durability would need to be twice as high as his AP to take that attack while blocking and receive a gash on his forehead, especially given how surface area factors in.
Yeah, but it was superficial in the sense that he didn't need to regenerate and doesn't show any pain or extensive damage except scratches on his arm and forehead. But at least possibly higher should be fine.

He didn’t regenerate because he can’t regenerate in this form.

Again, durability is not based just on how something is superficial pain-wise.

If someone cut you across the head with a knife and you barely feel it, do you somehow scale to the knife? You could even use this logic to scale people to bomb shrapnel.

Plus, Hendrickson shows in his performance against Arthur, Meliodas, Gilthunder and the Grey Demon that foes with similar AP, or at least who he can harm significantly, can damage him to this kind of extent.

This can easily be explained and makes no sense scaling-wise.

Last edited:
Back