• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Four Knights of the Apocalypse/Nanatsu no Taizai Main Discussion Thread

What do you think of Mag 9-9.9 for the Behemoth's earthquake!?
The largest earthquake ever recorded was a magnitude 9.5 earthquake that occurred off the coast of Chile in 1960. Maybe that works? But that was not even close to shattering entire earth, i guess we can take seriously statement behemoth will eventually shattering demon world since zeldris even mention if demon world fate was in percival hands, and if behemoth eventually active it will swallow all life which can be refer to the end of demon world itself, as we can see even slightlest behemoth movement awaken already trembling the entire demon realm and the entire atmosphere, while his current full power give much destructive.

When Majin says 9, he means for the weakest part of the earthquake (because it's opposite to the epicentre).

For example, I used a 6.9 here, but got the equivalent of a mag 14.1.

If it's a planet shaker alone, it'd just be mag 4 on the opposite side of the planet to the epicentre.

I'm gonna also add a side note to the above argument.

It's not about whether or not he didn't, it's about whether or not he did retain the power because of burden of proof.
It’s stupid to assume they would stop having Hope in him now that they know him and his quest and all consider the 4KOTA as their heroes the same way the Demons consider him
The only situations where we explicitly see Percival retain a certain level of hope is following the Ironside fight, but that's because his friends are constantly amping him with that level of hope.
so the HK knowing his existence and having hope in him should have the exact same consequence
I did read the manga, you just didn't understand my argument.

My point was that it's not based in the hope characters specifically have in Percival himself, just their hope in general. I wasn't saying it's based on feelings in general rather than hope.
It’s based on the Hope they place in HIM.

They started to have hope in the 4KOTA
Percival being a member of the group started to get fueled with hope that gathered within him

Earlier in the story it’s shown multiple times that it’s hope towards him that awaken his magic
Here as long as people believe in the 4Kota (which all of Makai and Liones does) he’ll keep his amp)

The spoilers shows Percival specifically aiming the LS and giving HIM hope in particular.

I just showed that it's not Hope in Percy specifically, so them not knowing of his existence isn't a valid argument.
It is they ignored his existence and when they learned and started to believe in the 4KOTA his amp started to activate
That's not even a power Percival has currently, so that kind of range isn't applicable.
Hope is the LS’s power that Percival inherited it’s litteraly stated Hope comes from this being…

I'll compromise with you, Makai.

How about giving MacDuff a possibly/likely higher, since it's entirely possible, but can't really be verified?
Said compromise is mid we can make a clear cut argument about them still believing in 4KOTAs and the prophecy especially now that all of Liones know them.

It would mean that not only did Percy keep the amp but also that the amps will be permanent unless we see them stop believing in the group (Percival included)

What do you think of Mag 9-9.9 for the Behemoth's earthquake!?
9 seems fair higher at the epicenter

When Majin says 9, he means for the weakest part of the earthquake (because it's opposite to the epicentre).

For example, I used a 6.9 here, but got the equivalent of a mag 14.1.

If it's a planet shaker alone, it'd just be mag 4 on the opposite side of the planet to the epicentre.
My last braincell before it's gone can't understand this

So in your opinion, what magnitude it's should be use roughly what we have seen so far

It’s stupid to assume they would stop having Hope in him now that they know him and his quest and all consider the 4KOTA as their heroes the same way the Demons consider him
Yeah, it is stupid, and that's why I never once made that argument.
so the HK knowing his existence and having hope in him should have the exact same consequence
Percy is constantly surrounded by his friends, who are actively hopeful. That's the difference.
They started to have hope in the 4KOTA
Most of them didn't even know Percival was a member of the 4KOTA when he got the Galand amp, yet he was already healed.
Percival being a member of the group started to get fueled with hope that gathered within him
It says 'Hope gathered within [Percival]', which means he's gathering hope, not that others are gathering hope in him.
Earlier in the story it’s shown multiple times that it’s hope towards him that awaken his magic
If they're hopeful about Percy, they're still hopeful in general. This doesn't prove anything specific.
Hope is the LS’s power that Percival inherited it’s litteraly stated Hope comes from this being…
As is Death on a universal scale. But Percy didn't inheret that.

There's no meat to the rest of what you said. So I won't address that, and I'll probably just ignore further arguments until the thread if you don't give something more substantial than this.

Last edited:
Percy is constantly surrounded by his friends, who are actively hopeful. That's the difference.
LS has interdimensional range
Most of them didn't even know Percival was a member of the 4KOTA when he got the Galand amp, yet he was already healed.
« Most of them » you said it (It’s actually one of them that told this btw)
It says 'Hope gathered within [Percival]', which means he's gathering hope, not that others are gathering hope in him.
Hope is gathering within him after the knights start believing in the 4kota Percival included
If they're hopeful about Percy, they're still hopeful in general. This doesn't prove anything specific.
They feel hope/belief towards HIM
As is Death on a universal scale. But Percy didn't inheret that.
He actually did inherit Death powers…
Hope works differently too so idek why you would bring that
There's no meat to the rest of what you said. So I won't address that, and I'll probably just ignore further arguments until the thread if you don't give something more substantial than this.
The counter arguments aren’t substantial either that’s just blatantly dodging what’s indicated about his power

Hope is basically him getting a power up whenever someone believe in him, it’s a power that descends from the LS an entity that grants him said hope power through interdimensional means.

When he was fighting Macduff all of Liones people were aware of his quest and knew about the 4Kota and the prophecy.

I disagreed with your logic, but I deleted my comment because there is a statement in chapter 21 that it's limited to other peoples' hopes in him.

If your argument is so unconvincing that I had to debunk it myself, then you need to rethink your life Makai.
He actually did inherit Death powers…
Hope works differently too so idek why you would bring that
I didn't say he didn't inherit Death powers, I said it's not on the same scale.
Hope is basically him getting a power up whenever someone believe in him, it’s a power that descends from the LS an entity that grants him said hope power through interdimensional means.
The entity also didn't have any shape or individuality. Percy does, which is why his counterpart says had and not has.

I disagreed with your logic, but I deleted my comment because there is a statement in chapter 21 that it's limited to other peoples' hopes in him.

If your argument is so unconvincing that I had to debunk it myself, then you need to rethink your life Makai.
Not like I’ve sent the chapter 20 panel that state it’s their hope in him that matters
I didn't say he didn't inherit Death powers, I said it's not on the same scale.
We don’t really know how potent it is since it depends on the despair the LS can channel through him just like Hope
The entity also didn't have any shape or individuality. Percy does, which is why his counterpart says had and not has.
Yeah cuz Percy forgot his true nature that doesn’t mean he won’t get the properties of LS magic he still is part of it that’s his nature even though he forgot about it at first

It wasn't from 20, it was from 21. Your statements didn't contradict anything because having hope in Percival is still having hope in general.

Then you've basically admitted that Percy might not even have that kind of range with Hope, since it depends on potency.

None of that is ever stated. Percy didn't just 'forget' his true nature like Merlin, he's a corporeal entity, and we only know that his original form brought glory and death to other worlds.

Last edited:
It wasn't from 20, it was from 21. Your statements didn't contradict anything because having hope in Percival is still having hope in general.
Hope has to be directed towards HIM specifically
Then you've basically admitted that Percy might not even have that kind of range with Hope, since it depends on potency.
Re read my sentence
None of that is ever stated.
Read the spoilers…
Percy didn't just 'forget' his true nature like Merlin, he's a corporeal entity, and we only know that his original form brought glory and death to other worlds.
They are the Life Spirit G his hope magic has the exact same properties.

Yes, we went over that.

What do I need to re-read? My point was about Despair's range, and you said that I could be wrong because Despair's potency varies like Hope.

They're in Japanese. What do the important parts say exactly? And I don't mean descriptions, I mean translations.

It basically says that the Spirit of Life Is affraid of eternal kingdom and that it brings life through hope and death through despair.

Percival was supposed to be a hollow shell without feelings but being raised by his gramps made him develop feelings and forget his true nature.

I guess these feelings will make him very unstable
My mistake. I didn't see this.

But, for the sake of interest, what (roughly) does the chapter actually say?

Yes, we went over that.

What do I need to re-read? My point was about Despair's range, and you said that I could be wrong because Despair's potency varies like Hope.

They're in Japanese. What do the important parts say exactly? And I don't mean descriptions, I mean translations.
A life... spirit?
Yes... Humans, Demons, Goddesses, Giants, Fairies...
Every life being in every world.
We are the nurturing source of everything.

Me, a spirit?
You're just picking fun with me, aren't you!? Nope, I'm not!!
You know what, I'm a Human going by the name of Percival raised by Gramps on the God's Finger for 16 years.
You're only inside a vessel of a Human called Percival, nothing more.
We originally don't have individuality nor form.
You should have been aware of yourself as a spirit when ther vessel was still a baby.

Side text:
Percival gave the life spirits hope!! And the Behemoth that shook the Demon realm falls asleep...

Percival is one of them his Hope has the same properties it’s his nature

My mistake. I didn't see this.
It’s okay
But, for the sake of interest, what (roughly) does the chapter actually say?
Basically Percival is a LS it’s a kind of race of incorporeal beings that can possess vessels and basically granted life to absolutely every life beings the thing is Percival forgot about his true nature for a long moment due to his feelings it seems like every Life Spirits have the power of Hope and Despair they use it to grant life or death

The behemoth woke up and started to shake the DW harder than ever due to being scared by the eternal kingdom and Percival gave him hope which slept him again

We saw that Albion is way smaller than the thorny « hairs » of the Behemoth which corroborate the flee comparison

The life spirits were a single higher being from what we know.

Usually, I'd have dismissed the flea statement completely, even if it was reliable.

Now I absolutely believe it's literal.
Would it be possible to calc a lowballed size using the panels I’ve sent and comparing the hair sizes to the entire Behemoth body?

i know i mean a return of the others , my head canon is one of those human/goddess hybirds with arthur has one

Back