• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fnaf at freddys discussion thread!

Fazbear Frights are practically canon, and the books themselves in-terms of world-building are applicable to the games the novels are meant to be re-writes and have many elements and things carried over to the games. Frights themselves are meant to add in world-building and tell stories from the series's canon and answer questions with the Stitchwraith Stingers carrying on the story where we left of at FFPS/UCN

Novels are also canon,

Fazbear Frights are practically canon, and the books themselves in-terms of world-building are applicable to the games the novels are meant to be re-writes and have many elements and things carried over to the games. Frights themselves are meant to add in world-building and tell stories from the series's canon and answer questions with the Stitchwraith Stingers carrying on the story where we left of at FFPS/UCN

Novels are also canon,

I know this is bringing back an old agruement that we have moved on from but compositing the game canon and book canon had nothing to do with the tier 6 feat getting accepted aside from deciding which profile it would land on.

And before anyone asks I agree that we should keep the games and books seperate for the most part but bringing up tier 6 fnaf was not a good arguement for it.
My belief is that we should only use the books to help support theories that are strong on their own (like Springtrap causing the Phantoms). Weaker theories (like the Crying Child possessing Fredbear) should not be validated by the books supporting them.

In Hide And Seek, Shadow Bonnie is made of Agony. In Special Delivery, Shadow Bonnie is made of Dark Remnant, thus, we can conclude that Agony is the books' equivalent of Dark Remnant. That's how I'd like to do things.

Actually, I want to know what @DaReaperMan thinks of using details from the books to support strong theories for the games, since I'm pretty sure he's against the books as a whole.
I'm extremely conservative when it comes to information that comes from other sources, but yeah, this is one of the most solid theories so sure, use a book or two.

We've had this discussion multiple times already, and it has been largely agreed that the books have too many inconsistencies with the games to be directly composited.

Some notable examples are: Henry using Endo 02 to kill himself in the books vs burning the FFPS place down with him inside in the games, Afton being in a coma in the books vs him being in Hell in the games, and Remnant being a liquid in the books vs it being floating orbs in the games.

First of all them being canon dosen't mean they have to be in the same continuity, hence the books take characters and expand them and carry over concepts to the games themselves (remnant, names, technology) and help us to fill holes, for example the Springtrap in the games is the same as the books just that he took certian different paths that'd logically make em weaker.

as for your other statements, you really need to actually read the books themselves these are some heavy misconceptions.

First of all remnant is not just glowy orbs or molten spirit metal, remnant is memories the remains of the concious stated by the Novel trilogy, when these memories or this left-over concious posseses an item its considered haunted and you can melt this metal down and harness it, thats when it becomes liquid metal

so there are 3 types of remnant, Pure remnant (Shown in FNaF AR and is what makes up spirits, stated to be remains of the concious aka memories and emotions intertwined, and can be split to multiple sources), Then we have Dark Remnant whom are negative emotions and memories intertwined, and at last we have Molten Remnant the remnant you talk about being in the Novels. Also both types of remnant exists in the games

The Scooper blueprint outright shows a remnant reservoir which harnesses remnant and allows it to be melted down, it states that its a malluable liquid just like in the books.

Also btw don't get it wrong, im not judging you just that this is a common misconception that these concepts have, ill try to cover them on a blog post or something

We've had this discussion multiple times already, and it has been largely agreed that the books have too many inconsistencies with the games to be directly composited.

Some notable examples are: Henry using Endo 02 to kill himself in the books vs burning the FFPS place down with him inside in the games, Afton being in a coma in the books vs him being in Hell in the games, and Remnant being a liquid in the books vs it being floating orbs in the games.
Oh yeah also Afton wasn't in Hell, he was just trapped in a Nightmare there is nothing that confirms it is hell.

Not only that but check this out, if you look at the OST's names in the game files or well just the soundtracks we have these.

-Hibernating Evil (Basically hibernating for humans is meant to refer to a coma, Evil repersents Afton so it's evil in a coma, pretty self-evident)
-Sleep No More (Pretty obvious since its a continous haunted nightmare that would not let Afton rest)
-Where Dreams Die (It's a nightmare, opposite of a dream again self-evident)

Not only that but we have Nightmarionnes voicelines and such, and may i mind you UCN was practically setting up TMIR1280 as a story so.

So other than the fact that Tales are absloutely continuity applicable so are the Stitchline stories.

The Novels and rest of the Frights allows us to: Learn World-Building, TUG and guides explictly state that concepts are DIRECTLY carried over to the games, and concepts from the games are expanded in the books, the Novels themselves also teach us about the characters so that we can see the directions they take in the games. not only that but the Novels allow us to fill in past blanks and teach us about the events. As for the rest of the Frights themselves they directly carry over concepts once again, teach us about details and answer our questions.

So even those two non-continuity applicable sources's World-Building should be 1.1 with the games and would allow us to confirm certian theories and hell even compare the characters's shinenigans unless they under-go through certian changes like i don't know power-boosts? or being made by someone else or maybe change in purpose and such?

Also it's unknown how Afton killed the kids in the first place during MCI wether its a knife, or brutal stuffing or just punching them to death or something so it can't really be a contradiction and im pretty sure the Knife isn't implied in The Novella Trilogy nor ITP

First of all them being canon dosen't mean they have to be in the same continuity, hence the books take characters and expand them and carry over concepts to the games themselves (remnant, names, technology) and help us to fill holes, for example the Springtrap in the games is the same as the books just that he took certian different paths that'd logically make em weaker.

as for your other statements, you really need to actually read the books themselves these are some heavy misconceptions.

First of all remnant is not just glowy orbs or molten spirit metal, remnant is memories the remains of the concious stated by the Novel trilogy, when these memories or this left-over concious posseses an item its considered haunted and you can melt this metal down and harness it, thats when it becomes liquid metal

so there are 3 types of remnant, Pure remnant (Shown in FNaF AR and is what makes up spirits, stated to be remains of the concious aka memories and emotions intertwined, and can be split to multiple sources), Then we have Dark Remnant whom are negative emotions and memories intertwined, and at last we have Molten Remnant the remnant you talk about being in the Novels. Also both types of remnant exists in the games

The Scooper blueprint outright shows a remnant reservoir which harnesses remnant and allows it to be melted down, it states that its a malluable liquid just like in the books.

Also btw don't get it wrong, im not judging you just that this is a common misconception that these concepts have, ill try to cover them on a blog post or something
It's cool. I know a lot about the plot of most of the FNAF books, but I haven't actually read them myself, so a blog about the misconceptions we have would be very welcome.
Oh yeah also Afton wasn't in Hell, he was just trapped in a Nightmare there is nothing that confirms it is hell.

Not only that but check this out, if you look at the OST's names in the game files or well just the soundtracks we have these.

-Hibernating Evil (Basically hibernating for humans is meant to refer to a coma, Evil repersents Afton so it's evil in a coma, pretty self-evident)
-Sleep No More (Pretty obvious since its a continous haunted nightmare that would not let Afton rest)
-Where Dreams Die (It's a nightmare, opposite of a dream again self-evident)

Not only that but we have Nightmarionnes voicelines and such, and may i mind you UCN was practically setting up TMIR1280 as a story so.
"As for one of you, the darkest pit of hell has opened to swallow you whole, so don't keep the devil waiting, old friend."-Henry in FFPS.
It's the most explicit confirmation of what UCN is that we get, and lines like "The fire within me burns eternal, and now you shall as well!" and "Leave the demon to his demons." heavily imply that it is hell. Granted, these quotes could be figurative, but so could Nightmarionne's.

Both "Sleep No More " and "Where Dreams Die" outright state that Afton isn't sleeping or dreaming. "Hibernating Evil" is more convincing, but that alone isn't really enough to persuade me.

Also, Nightmare Fredbear says "This time, there is more than an illusion to fear.". Given that his original appearance in FNAF 4 is a coma-induced nightmare, he outright states he isn't coma-induced here.

Also, I don't know what the "100 bones" thing is, so I can't argue it.
Also it's unknown how Afton killed the kids in the first place during MCI wether its a knife, or brutal stuffing or just punching them to death or something so it can't really be a contradiction and im pretty sure the Knife isn't implied in The Novella Trilogy nor ITP
He definitely didn't stuff them bc The Puppet did that, but it's implied with Vanny, who's infected by Glitchtrap and who seemingly adopts Afton's tendencies, using a knife and Purpleguy having Slasher in FNAF World.

As a whole, though, I believe that stuff from the books can and should support the games, I just don't want to composite the two. The FNAF cast can already break bones and dismember people, so most 9-C to 9-C+ books feats would be pretty consistent with the games.

Novels are also canon,
ohohohohoho really? Show me precisely where the canons intersect!

Is it when Afton is springlocked by Charlie?

Ooh! Ooh! Is it when the FNaF1 animatronics were never dismantled by Afton?

Or maybe when Afton was killed by being rolled into a furnace when he was a borderline paraplegic?

No. Novels will never be canon.

It's cool. I know a lot about the plot of most of the FNAF books, but I haven't actually read them myself, so a blog about the misconceptions we have would be very welcome.

"As for one of you, the darkest pit of hell has opened to swallow you whole, so don't keep the devil waiting, old friend."-Henry in FFPS.
It's the most explicit confirmation of what UCN is that we get, and lines like "The fire within me burns eternal, and now you shall as well!" and "Leave the demon to his demons." heavily imply that it is hell. Granted, these quotes could be figurative, but so could Nightmarionne's.

Both "Sleep No More " and "Where Dreams Die" outright state that Afton isn't sleeping or dreaming. "Hibernating Evil" is more convincing, but that alone isn't really enough to persuade me.

Also, Nightmare Fredbear says "This time, there is more than an illusion to fear.". Given that his original appearance in FNAF 4 is a coma-induced nightmare, he outright states he isn't coma-induced here.

Also, I don't know what the "100 bones" thing is, so I can't argue it.

He definitely didn't stuff them bc The Puppet did that, but it's implied with Vanny, who's infected by Glitchtrap and who seemingly adopts Afton's tendencies, using a knife and Purpleguy having Slasher in FNAF World.

As a whole, though, I believe that stuff from the books can and should support the games, I just don't want to composite the two. The FNAF cast can already break bones and dismember people, so most 9-C to 9-C+ books feats would be pretty consistent with the games.

Okay so the quote you sent isn't really proving anything, Henrys quote is not figurative, it's just outright meant to be Henry calling out Afton for his sins and where he'd think Afton would go to, Henry has never seen Hell nor does he know it exists, hell Hell is never stated nor implied to exist in the Five Nights At Freddy's Universe, Leave the Demon to his Demons is just telling TOYSHNK to leave Afton to his own demise, which actually happens in Frights whom is a continution, Andrew or the vengeful spirit leaves Afton to his demise which turns out to be Marionette who finishes the job (hence leaving him to his demons). UCN does repersent hell but isn't literal hell.

This time there is more than an illusion to fear is just refering to how Nightmare Fredbear now has an actual effect on Afton hence being able to spiritually harm him due to the vengeful spirits interference.

You claimed Glitchtrap used a knife but the funny part is, Glitchtraps re-creation of the Pizza Party minigame aka the Murder includes him killing the player without a weapon then stuffing them in a suit, not only that but you used FNaF World's Purple Guy having slasher, you could argue thats just an attack choice by Scott randomly or the fact that it references Afton using a knife to kill Dunn and the rest of the gang in the Novel Trilogy.

ohohohohoho really? Show me precisely where the canons intersect!

Is it when Afton is springlocked by Charlie?

Ooh! Ooh! Is it when the FNaF1 animatronics were never dismantled by Afton?

Or maybe when Afton was killed by being rolled into a furnace when he was a borderline paraplegic?

No. Novels will never be canon.
First of all i don't think you've read my comment at all you imply that to be the case, because i clearly said the continuity was different sure the events in the timelines are different, thats why i claimed that they were seperate continuities, Scott claims that the Novels are just as canon as the games are. Elements from the Novels are directly carried over and the characters we see in the books themselves are just the ones we see from the games expanded and explained. The Novels are a re-write thats why Scott tells us to fill in blanks.

No matter how much you'd like to deny it, Novels are canon and its elements and characters and such are carried to the games even though the timelines aka continuities are seperate.

We are not about to give every FNaF child type 2 immortality over the joke lawsuit or use the 100 bone feat. That's silly

No

We've talked about this for over 5 pages before. (Assuming you mean same continuity as the games, they're canon by default)
So you're denying the 100 bone feat because it'd give kids in FNaF immortality type two? may i mind you i've already shown you consistent showings of humans having extreme pain tolerance and degrees of resistance to mutilation.

Not only that but these law-suits are very real and literal in FNaF its-self seen as they effect the income of the building and can effect the route of the game its-self, i don't think that'd just be a joke lmao. The Franchise its-self is silly going by that sense.

As for the Stitchline and Tales they're undeniably the same continuity as the games, i've seen the discussions themselves and the people arguing for book continuity applicableness were people who have not read the books themselves.

We really need to hammer out the difference between canon and continuity, because it seems like multiple people, including myself, get the two mixed up.

What is the definition of canon, and what is the definition of continuity? Once we have that explicitly established, then we can see what the books and spin-offs qualify as.

Even if you think it's a stupid question, just humor me here.

Nah nah, it's a perfectly normal question
The Canon of the franchise, at least in FNAF, is basically the FNAF Universe, therefore, Universe = Canon, Novels and Frights are in the same universe as the games, all together in the same canon.

While a continuity would be the timeline, the set of events that happen in each, the trilogy, the games are each in their own timeline

So Games and Books are under the same Universe (Canon) separated under different Time Lines (Continuities)

Canon and Universe would basically be a set of concepts and characters, while Continuity and Timeline are the Set of Events, all of the games and books are on the FNAF UNIVERSE sharing the same canon and having each one their own set of events.

Also i should probably make a blog adressing what remnant actually is, because its directly taken from the books and kinda expanded on
You propably should
(About molten remnant: I believe that it's heavily implied that metal is a vessel for souls/spirits and emotions, and that is what molten remnant is; metal as vessel)

Nah nah, it's a perfectly normal question
The Canon of the franchise, at least in FNAF, is basically the FNAF Universe, therefore, Universe = Canon, Novels and Frights are in the same universe as the games, all together in the same canon.

While a continuity would be the timeline, the set of events that happen in each, the trilogy, the games are each in their own timeline

So Games and Books are under the same Universe (Canon) separated under different Time Lines (Continuities)

Canon and Universe would basically be a set of concepts and characters, while Continuity and Timeline are the Set of Events, all of the games and books are on the FNAF UNIVERSE sharing the same canon and having each one their own set of events.
So, essentially, the usage of book feats for the games is validated because both continuities are comparable via being in the same canon? (That's not being me being sarcastic or rhetorical, I'm genuinely asking.)

So you're denying the 100 bone feat because it'd give kids in FNaF immortality type two? may i mind you i've already shown you consistent showings of humans having extreme pain tolerance and degrees of resistance to mutilation.

Not only that but these law-suits are very real and literal in FNaF its-self seen as they effect the income of the building and can effect the route of the game its-self, i don't think that'd just be a joke lmao. The Franchise its-self is silly going by that sense.
that lawsuit does not specify how the child’s bones were broken and claims that the child somehow did not notice that he had 100 broken bones and severe internal bleeding until he got home. the lawsuits aren’t generally reliable anyways. one lawsuit states that a child was “utterly and horrifically disfigured”, before specifying that she broke her index finger. another states that a girl was so scared by seeing an animatronic’s head falling off that she entered a vegetative state, but can still perform tasks such as going to the mall and hanging out with friends. yet another states that a girl was irreversibly crippled after spraining her ankle, before going on to say that she’s expected to recover in two weeks.

many of the lawsuits are obviously intended to be dubious, and should not be taken as reliable sources of information.

may i mind you i've already shown you consistent showings of humans having extreme pain tolerance and degrees of resistance to mutilation.
Those examples feel unimpressive for half and explicitly supernatural for half. The guy hitting his head got super hurt by it and the springbonnie suit thing was moreso remnant or whatever you wanna call it. Think about all the times normal people have gotten harmed and died from.

In the game's canon, fully grown adults have died by a paper guillotine wound (Jeremy), getting stabbed (Vanessa's coworker), mangled by machinery (therapists), hanging (technicians), and being slammed into walls (Glen)

As for the Stitchline and Tales they're undeniably the same continuity as the games
They're not "undeniable" in the slightest, they're so divisive that we've had at least three threads dedicated to them and whether or not they're in the continuity. The series' own wiki doesn't even count them as in the same continuity. We have decided that they aren't at least twice. Scott himself said that the stories are set in all corners of the canon, so we can't decide which are in the games or the novels

Tales, however, is more debatable. I personally think Tales is in the games continuity while the Frights aren't. The necklace that people claim exists in both is clearly not the same one, it has different powers and different origins

So, essentially, the usage of book feats for the games is validated because both continuities are comparable via being in the same canon? (That's not being me being sarcastic or rhetorical, I'm genuinely asking.)
Book feats cannot be used for the games, no. You can't scale across continuities (the exception being stuff like the three live action Spider-Men, as they appeared in a canon crossover)

Tales, however, is more debatable. I personally think Tales is in the games continuity while the Frights aren't. The necklace that people claim exists in both is clearly not the same one, it has different powers and different origins
Although Tales also has things going against it. Like the Megapizzaplex not being pizza shaped, or not having a giant tree in the middle.

that lawsuit does not specify how the child’s bones were broken and claims that the child somehow did not notice that he had 100 broken bones and severe internal bleeding until he got home. the lawsuits aren’t generally reliable anyways. one lawsuit states that a child was “utterly and horrifically disfigured”, before specifying that she broke her index finger. another states that a girl was so scared by seeing an animatronic’s head falling off that she entered a vegetative state, but can still perform tasks such as going to the mall and hanging out with friends. yet another states that a girl was irreversibly crippled after spraining her ankle, before going on to say that she’s expected to recover in two weeks.

many of the lawsuits are obviously intended to be dubious, and should not be taken as reliable sources of information.
Although the absurdity is true, the feats themselves still apply the mutilations do happen the exact way they're shown and they effect the route of the game itsself, not sure about it still

Last edited:
Those examples feel unimpressive for half and explicitly supernatural for half. The guy hitting his head got super hurt by it and the springbonnie suit thing was moreso remnant or whatever you wanna call it. Think about all the times normal people have gotten harmed and died from.

In the game's canon, fully grown adults have died by a paper guillotine wound (Jeremy), getting stabbed (Vanessa's coworker), mangled by machinery (therapists), hanging (technicians), and being slammed into walls (Glen)

They're not "undeniable" in the slightest, they're so divisive that we've had at least three threads dedicated to them and whether or not they're in the continuity. The series' own wiki doesn't even count them as in the same continuity. We have decided that they aren't at least twice. Scott himself said that the stories are set in all corners of the canon, so we can't decide which are in the games or the novels

So one guy got entierly mutilated, the other got flung through a steel wall and got impaled yet was able to stay go on and be alive? also the Spring-Bonnie suit had no mentioned remnant.

the deaths you've mentioned have happened yes, but other examples do show that Scotts writing with humans can lead to them having immortality type 2 or some kind of insane resistance to pain and mutilation. This'd explain the other cases and the case with the 100 bones stiuation. So you could still take the feat into account and invalidate the immortality type 2

They're undeniable though, the series's own wiki literally has truck-loads of mis-info and does not know about the series it's tackling in the first place. Scott blatantly said that unlike the novellas they're sets of stories taking place in the FNaF universe with some directly connected to the games, may i note the difference with the novels themselves is it taking place in the FNaF universe so you could just work and connect the dots there on what that means. not only that but TUG claims that the event we see in FFPS (Henry's fire) did not work as intended and failed and it comes to this conclusion via the Stitchwraith Stingers, if the story wasn't continuity applicable then it wouldn't claim that it was an event that we saw nor that it was the same event that we saw that failed. Tales is undeniably game continuity literally there are 50 statements saying it takes place in the world of the newest games

Schoolastic also claimed that the books occur in the world of the newest games.

Book feats cannot be used for the games, no. You can't scale across continuities (the exception being stuff like the three live action Spider-Men, as they appeared in a canon crossover)
Why not? the books themselves directly carry over elements to the games and include the same characters? they share the same world-building and the same characters just taking different routes

Anyways i think jumping onto Tales and Frights continuity applicableness should be taken into hand later on, ill just tackle the games and get everything done first and make a blog on remnant.

Im thinking of just finishing up game stuff (Funtimes, OG's Glamrocks) ect, explain concepts pretty much. and at last when all profiles are done explain Frights and Tales and such.

Yeah... no.

AU feats will never count.

Also can you PLEASE for the love of **** not spam 50000 posts? Just use the edit button.

"The series will launch with five books, each containing three different short stories with unique characters and plot lines, some connected directly to the games, and some not."

Welp this confirms out way of thinking. We only use the books if they are somewhat connected to the games

Back