• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I still disagree with SB 9-B, if what JustANormalLemon said is true:
Also, almost sure this was considered "Game animation beingh dumb" sinse It's stated that monty can only do all that damage trough his claws
It doesn't make sense that he can only perform a feat of 152.9 Kilojoules with his claws and his physical strength is 450 Kilojoules.

Also, I still think the calculation is wrong because it tries to scale the Map Bot to all the KE of the car when it shouldn't, all cars have KE 9-B but getting hit by them doesn't scale to their full KE due to the difference in weight between the two colliding objects as shown by the formula we use all the time, besides that the feat of the sign happened after they hit the Map Bot and the calculation suggests that the Van was going at the same speed in both cases.

That leaving aside the fact that Roxanne was quite destroyed after being hit by a Kart whose KE would hopefully be the baseline of 9-B or maybe less.

It doesn't make sense that he can only perform a feat of 152.9 Kilojoules with his claws and his physical strength is 450 Kilojoules.
This is normally considered Game mechanics.

Also, I still think the calculation is wrong because it tries to scale the Map Bot to all the KE of the car when it shouldn't, all cars have KE 9-B but getting hit by them doesn't scale to their full KE due to the difference in weight between the two colliding objects as shown by the formula we use all the time, besides that the feat of the sign happened after they hit the Map Bot and the calculation suggests that the Van was going at the same speed in both cases..
We aren't scaling mapbot to the KE of the van, we are scaling it to the ap of it.

If we put this under other context, basically: character X didn't survive the KE of the punch of character Y, it survived character Y's AP.

That leaving aside the fact that Roxanne was quite destroyed after being hit by a Kart whose KE would hopefully be the baseline of 9-B or maybe less.
First off: the kart hit her eyes speciffically, which is likely to be a weak point. (And her endoskeleton was largely undamaged)

Second: Could just be a minor inconsistency or outlier.

In this last one is were you'll likely find more room to discuss, but oh well.

This is normally considered Game mechanics.
Because? It sounds like an overly convenient excuse that anyone would use to justify any inconsistency that happens in any video game.
We aren't scaling mapbot to the KE of the van, we are scaling it to the ap of it.
No lol, you're scaling it to the energy the van used to break the sign, which comes from his KE. Where do you think the energy of a moving object comes from if it is literally the definition of KE?
First off: the kart hit her eyes speciffically, which is likely to be a weak point. (And her endoskeleton was largely undamaged)
Are the eyes the weakness of the animatronics? In addition to the fact that the damage was in almost his entire body, not only in his eyes. Saying that he can withstand more than 400 kJ without damage and then remain that way for something that does not reach 15 kJ does not make sense, the fact that his endoskeleton is still working has nothing to do with it, it would be the same as giving 9-A to someone who is vaporized by another character but his bones survive.

It is undeniable that she was left in a disastrous state by something that might not even reach 9-B and she was knocked out by the blow, and you are trying to say that a Map Bot was left unharmed, without any damage, by something that according to you was many times more powerful than the attack that Roxanne received. Montgomery was literally torn in half by this, which I highly doubt is 9-B.

It seems to me that the outlier here is the Map Bot feat (either that or the calculation is wrong because of what I said before) it is the only feat that goes that high, the other feats in the game are 9-C, they need claws to achieve 9-B feats and on top of that things that do not reach 9-B are too harmful for the animatronics.

Because? It sounds like an overly convenient excuse that anyone would use to justify any inconsistency that happens in any video game.

No lol, you're scaling it to the energy the van used to break the sign, which comes from his KE. Where do you think the energy of a moving object comes from if it is literally the definition of KE?

Are the eyes the weakness of the animatronics? In addition to the fact that the damage was in almost his entire body, not only in his eyes. Saying that he can withstand more than 400 kJ without damage and then remain that way for something that does not reach 15 kJ does not make sense, the fact that his endoskeleton is still working has nothing to do with it, it would be the same as giving 9-A to someone who is vaporized by another character but his bones survive.

It is undeniable that she was left in a disastrous state by something that might not even reach 9-B and she was knocked out by the blow, and you are trying to say that a Map Bot was left unharmed, without any damage, by something that according to you was many times more powerful than the attack that Roxanne received. Montgomery was literally torn in half by this, which I highly doubt is 9-B.

It seems to me that the outlier here is the Map Bot feat (either that or the calculation is wrong because of what I said before) it is the only feat that goes that high, the other feats in the game are 9-C, they need claws to achieve 9-B feats and on top of that things that do not reach 9-B are too harmful for the animatronics.
That's not how fiction work

Never saw a character able to destroy mountains beingh hurt by fall damage before?

This is Problem in 70% of fiction

A good exemple is Kratos having mult continental Ls but strugling to open stone chests

The fact they where harmed by thouse things don't mean they aren't 9-B

It means that thouse things where a lot strongher them they should be thanks to fiction rules

I think you should familiarize yourself with the term "anti-feats".

The example is bad, Kratos is repeatedly represented as a powerful character, his anti-feats are game mechanics because the character is already consistently represented as High 6-A and above in his other keys.

The animatronics have feats and anti-feats that consistently put them as 9-C and are supposed to need the claws to perform 9-B feats. A single feat 9-B that is too far from the other feats of the characters and that I also think that this miscalculated one is quite suspicious and inconsistent. 9-C is much more consistent than 9-B and we have 2 reasons to say that the Van's feat is Outlier or simply miscalculated.

The logic you propose would make outliers or inconsistencies not exist because they would be "rules of fiction :'v". It is true that the falls and bullets are not good anti-feats, but I am showing two different anti-feats, there are many 9-C feats, In addition, they take too much damage from things that are obviously not even close to the feat of the Van, and on top of that, I'm sure that the feat is miscalculated.

I think it's quite simple to understand, but well, I'll wait to see what others say.

I understand the reservation from some of the other users, but there is a clear scaling chain here, and if the calc was accepted, then I don't see any reason why this cannot work. I'm fine with it.
What was accepted was a calculation about Gregory smashing a sign with a van, that doesn't have to escalate to Map Bot because there is a different formula for when a person (in this case it will be a robot) is hit by a car.

What was accepted was a calculation about Gregory smashing a sign with a van, that doesn't have to escalate to Map Bot because there is a different formula for when a person (in this case it will be a robot) is hit by a car.
No way for us to know if the van sped up significantly when it hit the sign. Of course, we can just ask the guy who made that calculation (or someone else) to calculate the weight of Map Bot and the speed of the van when it hit him then put it into the formula like you say (if you really want to do that), though I doubt it wouldn't still give us a similar value.

No way for us to know if the van sped up significantly when it hit the sign. Of course, we can just ask the guy who made that calculation (or someone else) to calculate the weight of Map Bot and the speed of the van when it hit him then put it into the formula like you say (if you really want to do that), though I doubt it wouldn't still give us a similar value.
Actually, the OP calculated it a while ago and gave a totally different value.

Actually, the OP calculated it a while ago and gave a totally different value.
First off: the height of mapbot is wrong, as they are taller than arcade machines, which are 1.8m to 2m tall.

Second: As I said in the calc, mapbot is not sent flying, but also is not slammed into a wall, nor receives thw attack and doesn't move.

Third: you didn't answer what I said earlier, so in case you didn't see it, I'll put it here:
"The values for getting hit and beings sent flying"
He wasn't sent flying :/
"These calculations are about the durability a character needs to have in order to tank getting hit by various vehicles. It is differentiated between getting hit and sent flying and getting hit and remaining in place, like when they are getting slammed into a solid wall."

I'm sure the "send flying" thing is just an example (we have characters that when run over are not sent flying and we still do not scale them to the total KE).

I am sure that the way I propose is the best bet, since looking at the calc, if you fixed the height you would get slightly higher results, most likely the baseline of 9-B (for the Low-Ball), which I do not consider to be inconsistent since I found a small calc of Roxanne being hit by the Kart and it gives 18000 Joules.

I think it would be better if a member of the Calc Group came here to see the two options and give a verdict, after all, they know more about these topics than you and me. Otherwise, I think the discussion is going to take a long time and I don't think we'll get anywhere (besides, FNAF threads don't have the reputation of receiving evaluations when they're very long xd).

I think it would be better if a member of the Calc Group came here to see the two options and give a verdict, after all, they know more about these topics than you and me.
I'll call the same person who accepted the calc, see what they think.
Otherwise, I think the discussion is going to take a long time and I don't think we'll get anywhere (besides, FNAF threads don't have the reputation of receiving evaluations when they're very long xd).
Yeah 🤣🤣

Oh, wait, now I realised they answered my question in the calc 😅😅

I'll call him here eitherway to ensure he is up-to-date with all the information on this and see what he thinks.

Which one is the outlier? Is something not being calculated the right way? Things like that.

Although the thread has already been approved, I shall wait a little to settle this.

Last edited:
I'm sure the "send flying" thing is just an example (we have characters that when run over are not sent flying and we still do not scale them to the total KE).

I am sure that the way I propose is the best bet, since looking at the calc, if you fixed the height you would get slightly higher results, most likely the baseline of 9-B (for the Low-Ball), which I do not consider to be inconsistent since I found a small calc of Roxanne being hit by the Kart and it gives 18000 Joules.

I think it would be better if a member of the Calc Group came here to see the two options and give a verdict, after all, they know more about these topics than you and me. Otherwise, I think the discussion is going to take a long time and I don't think we'll get anywhere (besides, FNAF threads don't have the reputation of receiving evaluations when they're very long xd).
I don't see the problem you have, Adms and mods have alread said It's scalable and all

Unfortunetly you are just outnumbered

There's a pretty blatant 9-B feat in Ruin, idk if this should be it's own thread or not though
If I look correctly it doesn't destroy the metal door, so it's only breaking the lock and the hinges... but the door is quite big, it's very heavy and throws it with considerable speed, maybe if someone calculates it, it could result in a KE 9-B.
I'll call the same person who accepted the calc, see what they think.
Just waiting for this, but the door thing is definitely a feat that can put SB at 9-B and I'd be okay with that level if it were calculated, or if the Van thing is resolved.

I have something to say: in this video, you can clearly see how a huge dent was formed in the shipping container by the crash. According to a calc made in discord this should be ~6 MJ. Although the calc is only in discord and we both don't really have that much experience in denting calcs, the dent is still very large, and I would imagine it would be at least 450~ KJ.

I have something to say: in this video, you can clearly see how a huge dent was formed in the shipping container by the crash. According to a calc made in discord this should be ~6 MJ. Although the calc is only in discord and we both don't really have that much experience in denting calcs, the dent is still very large, and I would imagine it would be at least 450~ KJ.

and? Roxy was to destrooyed to scale It to her dura

Dent calculations are similar to destruction calculations, except that the volume is multiplied by the elastic limit of the dented material. I think you should upload the calculation to a blog on the wiki. Someone should calculate the gate feat in the new SB game as well.

Back