• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

FNAF downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wokistan

Bioluminescent African American Working At The CIA
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Human Resources
Commission by various users. Become a paypig to get your very own choice in custom CRTs and voting power over site revisions. My bitcoin address is 1FfmbHfnpaZjKFvyi1okTjJJusN455paPH, become a tier 3 subscriber by donating enough and you'll even unlock VBW staff official onlyfans.

TL;DR, Fnaf games tier bad, 9-B bad, profiles need tuning. Shoutout @Edwardtruong2006 for giving me the non skull crush justifications

Long version:

9-B justifications that aren't 9-B

Feat: Skull crushing (Everywhere)
Response: See my old thread. This is not considered a 9-B feat anymore.

Feat: Could casually overpower and kill the player. Is likely comparable to other Toy animatronics like Mangle. (FNAF 2 in general)
Response: It does not take a 9-B to overpower and kill a baseline adult man. Being compared to Mangle is weird when Mangle's justification talks about it getting weaker, but we'll get to Mangle in a later section of this thread.

Feat: Comparable to other animatronics, like Rockstar Foxy and Mr. Hippo who can pull themselves apart, tear apart and slice/cut apart humans. Can damage the human skull which is this level. (Ultimate Custom Night)
Response: UCN dudes have no listed durability feats and do not link a feat of being able to pull themselves apart, as such that feat is worthless. For obvious reasons I'm not posting any videos here, but it's pretty easy to find cartel and ISIS videos showing that you don't need to be 9-B to dismember a human. Not only is skull crushing no longer 9-B, but I don't think that mere nonspecific damage was ever 9-B. A whole lot of things will crack the skull, and you can even damage that down in tier 10 if you're going to use subsonic pistol rounds and such as your example.

Feat: Comparable to other animatronics. Survived Fazbear's Fright burning to the ground, which should mean he's this durable. (Springtrap)
Response: No, surviving a building burning down does not make you wall level, especially when you're a possessed robot. A good example to illustrate this is power lines. You can have a 700 MVA power line, which is 700 megavolt-amps. Volts times Amps equals Current, so we can also express that as 700 megawatts. One watt is 1 joule per second, so this means that you can have a power line that's capable of withstanding 700,000,000 joules of electricity per second coursing through it all the time. Impressive? Sure. Does this mean that they're just super durable against everything? Not even close. 700 million joules is about 335 pounds of TNT, and it should be pretty obvious that it doesn't take anywhere near that high a load to damage or destroy a power line. Hell, those things can even still just catch on fire when coming into contact with stuff they shouldn't, and heat's less far removed from their normal function than force is since every conductor has some measure of resistance and as such some amount of energy lost to heat. Point is, different forms of enemy transfer act very differently and can't really just be cross scaled to one another. As such, a robot made of parts that have a higher melting temp than a wood burning fire temp and that's also posessed by a ghost so it doesn't need the more fragile electronics surviving a fire does not have any bearing on how well it can withstand being run over after someone notices that it glows in the dark.

Feat: Easily dismantled/tore apart Freddy Fazbear, Bonnie, Foxy, and Chica (William Afton) Feat link here
Response: Well they're not 9-B, but even without the above, we know that Mangle gets ****** up by toddlers roughhousing hard enough to have exposed innards all over the place. Massive safety hazard, please call OSHA, but it's honestly probably more impressive than real life ones, which can be irrevocably damaged with the slightest impacts since they run off very fragile motors and electronics and as such people can't touch them. I'm well aware that the fnaf animatronics aren't normal, this is just so you can't really fall back on "oh but they're robots and made of metal" in lieu of a proper feat by demonstrating that both in universe and in real life, robots don't have to be very durable. Also the feat is pretty heavily stylized and probably shouldn't be read into as "local immortal man punches chuck e cheese, shatters him."

Feat: Significantly taller and heavier than all the other Funtime Animatronics who can kill the player character, should be superior to Mangle, Scrap Baby is able to cut a human into pieces, unlike the original animatronics the Funtimes were intentionally designed to trap and kill children. The Funtimes are significantly more technologically advanced than the original animatronics. (Baby)
Response: See above on the dismemberment, and see below on mangle. Killing kids isn't that hard either.

Feat: Could potentially be comparable to other "liability risk" animatronics, which can crush the skull to the point of almost severing the frontal lobe, break 100 unknown bones of a child, and give a child a concussion casually. (Mr. Hugs)
Response: Skull crushing 9-C, giving kids conussions isn't that hard, and "100 unknown bones of a child" can literally just be feet and hands, as each foot has 26 bones and each hand 27. Not 9-B.

9-B justifications that might be 9-B but still need to be fixed one way or the other

Feat: Is physically the strongest member of the Glamrocks, wrecked his green room, leaving large cracks behind, smashed a golf ball shooter, and can easily bust through metal gates. He is also comparable to Roxanne Wolf who can smash through damaged wooden doors despite being disfigured. (Montgomery Gator)
Response: This feat doesn't link anything, so I can't say that any of it is 9-B right now. They certainly aren't feats that are necessarily of such a tier, but they could be. Evidence needs to be linked, calcs need to be done.

Feat: Comparable to other Glamrock animatronics, survived being crushed by a trash compactor though was still badly damaged by it. (Glamrock Chica)
Response: Needs specifics of the scene and a calc, but also does run into the problem that compressive strength isn't always applicable to a sudden impact. I'll turn to the example of glass for this one. It is very hard to crush glass with sustained, even pressure. It does very well under such conditions. Very easy to shatter it though. It's not exactly uniform durability but at least this one's actually physical and can be used as support.

Feat: Due to sheer size, he should be vastly superior to the rest of the Glamrock animatronics, such as Roxanne Wolf, who can easily smash through damaged wooden doors despite being disfigured, and Montgomery Gator, who can bust through metal gates. (DJ Music Man)
Response: Given a gif I got sent it probably works, but that visual needs to be linked. The other stuff's already elaborated on above.

Things that just need changing somehow

Feat: Not only can they utilize their hard claws and teeth, their body's size is bigger than that of a human. (Nightmare Animatronics)
Response: This is here and not above because these guys are listed as 9-C, but this isn't really a justification for that on its own. Having teeth and claws isn't a joule output, being "bigger than a human" is a rather variable size and would still depend on other factors to get a joule output.

Feat: Composed of a hard metal. (Nightmare Animatronics)
Response: Hardness does not equal durability, as can be seen by comparing obsidian to a penny. Obsidian's listed as a 5.5 on the Mohs hardness scale, while a penny is 3.5. However, obsidian is infamously brittle and fragile, essentially being volcanic glass. It's very easy to shatter, very easy to fracture, very easy to snap, etc. Pennies are not very easy to do any of those things to. Hardness is just resistance to localized plastic deformation specifically, which basically just means small scale warping i.e. being cut. It doesn't say anything about other factors of durability. Being made of a hard metal is not a durability feat.

Feat: Comparable to other Glamrock animatronics, survived a long fall onto a crossbeam with enough force to break him in half. (Montgomery Gator)
Response: If it broke him in half, it's not a durability feat. That's not how that works.

Feat: Despite the fact that it should be strong enough to compare to other animatronics, it should still be weaker due to its thin frame and exposed endoskeleton. (Mangle)
Response: This one is just kinda gross. You can't have a profile that says "It should be as strong as guy X, but also nah" but the logic here doesn't even really work. If we're speaking mechanically, the endoskeleton is where you're going to mount the motors of the robot that allow it to move and as such give it the strength it has. It's not a creature of flesh and blood, it does not have robot muscles, everything else is extraneous and if anything makes it slightly weaker by virtue of adding more weight. If we're talking about "ooooo spooky ghost robot," then things get even weirder as now there's no logic that allows it to move which transfers over to reality and as such it being weaker via not having cosmetic parts is even more random.

That's just a random bitcoin wallet address it isn't me don't try and hold me liable for "scamming"

Don't worry about the hypothetical example above, Charles Entertainment Cheese is alive and well

Last edited:
After reading this through, this seems alright. But I have something that can further show that the FNaF dudes aren't 9-B, or at least especially high into 9-B;

Roxy, one of the newest and advanced of the FNaF animatronics in the verse thus far, gets maimed by being hit with a go-kart.

The average go-kart is 160 to 170 pounds, and the top speed of a go-kart is 50 MPH. Applying these values to the KE formula, it comes out to be 18 to 19 Kilojoules, barely above the baseline of 9-B (15 Kilojoules). This is assuming that Greg is going at this max speed and that the kart has the same momentum while it got knocked up into the air, so this could be even lower. So basically even the newest and advanced models get rekt'd by things that are barely above baseline 9-B, and given context in this particular case, the crash wouldn't even be 9-B in the first place.

I'm not expecting this to be revolutionary or anything, just food for thought. I might be missing something here, I'm not sure.

Edit: I know pointing out an anti-feat isn't enough to downgrade a character from a tier (9-B to 9-C in this case), but the current scaling to get these dudes to 9-B is already iffy.

Last edited:
This looks good to me
Also are you planning to tackle the novels here too or will that be another CRT?

Novels can be for another day, let's just get the games done first.

Anyway, after looking through everything, this does seem damning for 9-B FNAF. Skull crushing and scaling thereof has been in danger for a while afaik, I have always despised the Afton tearing FNAF 1 animatronics apart feat with a passion, and the fire thing is fine I suppose.

Honestly, even with the really cool feats found in Security Breach, I just can't in good conscience allow 9-B FNAF to continue on. I'll support this CRT.

We should probably wait for the skull crushing thread to conclude, don't wanna get ahead of ourselves.

I agree with the 9-C downgrades, with the exception of the Glamrocks. I think the Glamrock Animatronics have enough feats to qualify for baseline 9-B.

•Chica gets crushed by the trash compactor.

•Monty wrecks metal gates, the ball shooter thing, and several other things across the course of the game.

•Roxanne gets hit by a go-kart (which someone did a rough calc of earlier in the thread) and later tears through wooden boards.

That's enough for baseline 9-B imo, and due to being the most advanced models, the others shouldn't scale to them.

I also wanna suggest downgrading William (Pre-Springtrap) to 10-A, much like the other human killer in the verse. The feat where he takes apart the animatronics isn't AP, it's him knowing how to take them apart because he literally made them. He still has feats of being a serial killer though,

Yes, the skull crushing thread is still ongoing and there have been recalcs for skull crushing that still land it at Wall level, albeit not that high, from 50 Kilojoules to 54 Kilojoules. Best to wait for that thread to actually finish before we do anything with it.I agree with the 9-C downgrades, with the exception of the Glamrocks. I think the Glamrock Animatronics have enough feats to qualify for baseline 9-B.

•Chica gets crushed by the trash compactor.

•Monty wrecks metal gates, the ball shooter thing, and several other things across the course of the game.

•Roxanne gets hit by a go-kart (which someone did a rough calc of earlier in the thread) and later tears through wooden boards.

That's enough for baseline 9-B imo, and due to being the most advanced models, the others shouldn't scale to them.
They wouldn't, at least with Roxy and Chica. The go-kart and trash compactor scenes ended with them getting seriously damaged, so they wouldn't scale. Also breaking wooden boards isn't 9-B, definitely in this case since the boards that got smashed here were old, seemingly rotten.

As for the Monty stuff, the only feat I can see for him being 9-B is the gate stuff. I've been told that he can break metal gates off their hinges. But even then there is a calc on breaking doors off their hinges and it isn't entirely 9-B unless he is pulverizing copper or steel hinges.

Last edited:
Great that you explained the nature of watts and joules. A lot of people believe that because the former is defined as joules per second they are directly scalable to one another, when these are actually of different nature, for different purposes (One is used to measure motion-based energy, the other is to measure electric consumption per time).

As for the thread, yeah I agree with the dowgrades. Tho the Fazbear Fright feat could have been debunked just by the Sister's Location secret ending in which the building is highly damaged but not burned to the ground.

9-C FNAF is definitely unfortunate, but ATM I'll agree.

Now they lose literally pretty much every MU cause barely any fictional verses are stuck behind 9-C these days lol

UCN should probably stay 9-B(Nightmare Fredbear instantly comes to mind), the rest I mostly agree with

It's one of those things that just depends on what is being severed. Like if you tore a dude's head off, that would be 9-C, from 1 Kilojoule to 3 Kilojoules. But if you tear a person in half horizontally, that would be 9-B since that would involve breaking the spine, which has been calculated to be worth 40 Kilojoules. So 9-B FNaF is still possible through that if we know the details of these kills.

If it's something vague then I don't think FNaF would warrant a solid 9-B rating.

Also please note that I'm not an expert on this sort of thing.

Last edited:
bump?
Never understood how an animatronics jaw malfunctioning would compare to its striking strength or dura since its mainly pressure, specially when said robots get torn apart by groups of kids.

Mangle. But Mangle is a special case since it was literally built as a "Take apart and put back together" attraction for the kiddies, which means it obviously was always going to be easy to take apart.
False. It was never intended to be a take-apart animatronic. The kids simply kept doing it until the employees decided they were tired of putting it back together again, and hence left it as such.

to be fair it doesn't really matter in mangle's case since we can assume that they were just taking out screws and wires in stuff, not brutally ripping it apart metal with the power of 8 year olds

After reading this through, this seems alright. But I have something that can further show that the FNaF dudes aren't 9-B, or at least especially high into 9-B;

Roxy, one of the newest and advanced of the FNaF animatronics in the verse thus far, gets maimed by being hit with a go-kart.

The average go-kart is 160 to 170 pounds, and the top speed of a go-kart is 50 MPH. Applying these values to the KE formula, it comes out to be 18 to 19 Kilojoules, barely above the baseline of 9-B (15 Kilojoules). This is assuming that Greg is going at this max speed and that the kart has the same momentum while it got knocked up into the air, so this could be even lower. So basically even the newest and advanced models get rekt'd by things that are barely above baseline 9-B, and given context in this particular case, the crash wouldn't even be 9-B in the first place.

I'm not expecting this to be revolutionary or anything, just food for thought. I might be missing something here, I'm not sure.

Edit: I know pointing out an anti-feat isn't enough to downgrade a character from a tier (9-B to 9-C in this case), but the current scaling to get these dudes to 9-B is already iffy.
Its pretty important to note that she definitely survived that and only really lost some cosmetics and her vision
this would be more of a 9-B feat than anything also the fact that it flipped over in the first place implies that it was going pretty fast, probably top speed if it was done intentionally to run Roxy over
also wouldn’t the robot on it add a bit more weight as well?

bump?
Never understood how an animatronics jaw malfunctioning would compare to its striking strength or dura since its mainly pressure, specially when said robots get torn apart by groups of kids.
well idk if it was really a malfunction but you'd need dura to withstand that pressure, 2nd law of something idk I forgor 💀

Its pretty important to note that she definitely survived that and only really lost some cosmetics and her vision
The thing caved in her face and it took a big chunk of her torso off. Clearly more than just "some cosmetics".

this would be more of a 9-B feat than anything also the fact that it flipped over in the first place implies that it was going pretty fast, probably top speed if it was done intentionally to run Roxy over
also wouldn’t the robot on it add a bit more weight as well?
Maybe. Unless you can somehow determine the weight of that robot torso to be something actually impressive, I doubt it would add much. At best you could downscale her to the crash. Then she would be 9-B, but pathetically low into it.

It is honestly a much better idea to use this as an instance of type 2 Immortality rather than a durability feat.

your image doesn't seem to work
anyways what matters is that the actual important parts like endoskeleton and stuff were clearly unaffected, since she goes on to chase the player angrily and run through wood like butter.
Maybe. Unless you can somehow determine the weight of that robot torso to be something actually impressive, I doubt it would add much. At best you could downscale her to the crash. Then she would be 9-B, but pathetically low into it.
It's still just animatronic structure, it should scale directly since not everything in the animatronics are meant to be rock solid
as shown by every time an endoskeleton is removed from the suit.
It is honestly a much better idea to use this as an instance of type 2 Immortality rather than a durability feat.
Type 2 immortality is basically just fighting without vital organs and stuff, but it doesnt really apply when clearly none of the stuff that broke was actually helping her operate really. She just gets temporarily deactivated but it doesn't really mean much since she clearly had the physical durability to survive it.

By the way is there any kind of calc for DJ music man smacking around stuff

Type 2 immortality is basically just fighting without vital organs and stuff, but it doesnt really apply when clearly none of the stuff that broke was actually helping her operate really. She just gets temporarily deactivated but it doesn't really mean much since she clearly had the physical durability to survive it.
Youre missing the point. She survived to begin with because she has no vital organs or many vital parts to actually be destroyed to begin with, not because of durability alone. It doesnt change the fact she was borderline crippled by the hit.
It would literally be like trying to give scale a normal human who doesnt need their organs or blood to survive, to a chimp because they tanked hits from the chimp, despite having parts of them torn off and bones broken in the process. At best you can downscale.

And yeah this is her after the car hit her

Last edited:
Eh, yes and no Roxy scales. On one hand her endoskeleton was undamaged from what we can see and the outer layers of an animatronic in this series is always 100% cosmetic and doesn't at all matter to their scaling.

On the other hand Roxy was damaged enough for Gregory to be able to remove her eyes from their sockets and was literally knocked out by the hit.

Fair enough. By the way, where are these metal gates monty destroys? Sounds like the only thing thatd be above baseline.

Last edited:
Roxy should just be baseline or something, its’s unclear why Roxy was knocked out but was still operating at peak (outside of vision loss) moments later but she still has the physical durability to take it, which doesn’t always correlate with being unconscious, especially when considering it’s a robot with inhuman composition and complex AI stuff that makes it sentient
Anyways I’ll respond more later

Roxy should just be baseline or something, its’s unclear why Roxy was knocked out but was still operating at peak (outside of vision loss) moments later but she still has the physical durability to take it, which doesn’t always correlate with being unconscious, especially when considering it’s a robot with inhuman composition and complex AI stuff that makes it sentient
Anyways I’ll respond more later
It's called Immortality type 2, it's one HELL of a drug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back