• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
i wrote most of this while tired, so if i don't make sense, don't hesitate to ask me to rewrite some stuff

Intro
The William Afton profile is outdated due to new information given to us in Ruin. It also includes a key for William as he appears in the Fazbear's Frights series, which is more likely than not, a different continuity and should thus have it's own profile. So today, I'll be tackling three big changes: William's Pre-Springlock Key and UCN key unmerging, William's Fazbear's Frights key being moved to its own profile, and separating William from the Glitchtrap

Separating Pre-Springlock and Ultimate Custom Night Keys
The current profile lists all of UCN William's powers under a tabber for his alive key, but as they are very different both powers-wise and in the storyline, for the sake of organization, I think these need to be split into two keys. What we're doing now with it is fine, I just think it's a bit messy.

Fazbear's Frights Canonicity
While the Fazbear's Frights series was accepted as canon in this thread, I can't help but feel this verdict was... dubious. It relies on a very uninformed and basic understanding of this post, and I'm here to clear things up.

First of all... nothing in the post says FF is canon to the games? This is obvious just from looking at it! Here's the post,

I've enjoyed the memes roasting me about the plot-line lately, but it does have a serious underlying concern from many in the community, and I hear you. The question is this; is the lore solvable?
Since that's kind of like asking Is the story complete, in an ongoing story, it's difficult to answer. So, let me say this instead. Over the next few years there are a lot of projects planned, and most are very story driven. Lots of the later stories will answer some of the biggest questions from the fan base over this past year, in my opinion.
Very few people will likely ever feel completely satisfied, as there are just too many head canons out there and so many great ideas on where the story could go, but I think there are good things to be found for people who are looking. All I can do is say that some questions will be answered; even if it may not always be the answer you wanted. Be patient. Let me at least say this; future games will look forward; but look to the novels to fill in some of blanks to the past!
Everyone in the community has been really great, and I'm working hard to bring you some great things in 2020 and beyond! :)

Using the phrase "look to the novels to fill in some blanks to the past" to say that the FF series is in the same continuity as the games is perhaps the most extreme interpretation possible. For example, the novel trilogy, which is clearly a separate continuity, is marketed the exact same way, and despite being in the same universe, it's very clear they exist in a different continuity.

Novel trilogy is apart of the FNaF universe, same with the FF series. However, they were stated to be in separate continuities. "Universe" here means "series".

The Fazbear's Frights book are canon, that's undeniable. However, they are also clearly a different continuity. I want to point out that the FNaF wiki, known for being very careful with what theories they accept, has deemed FF as a different continuity.

To further prove this, let's look as some differences between the FF continuity and the game's continuity.
  • The character of Cassidy/The One You Should Not Have Killed has been changed into Andrew. Even without using the mountain of evidence that Cassidy is TOYSNHK, Andrew differs from UCN's version of TOYSNHK, namely due to the complete absence of the Stitchwraith.
  • Michael Afton, Springtrap, Charlie Emily, and possibly Baby are still alive in FF despite dying at the end of FNaF6. These characters are dead in the games, so their reappearance in the FF series implies a different series of events.
  • Golden Freddy's entire presence in Fazbear's Frights differs from the games.
  • Many more I can provided if needed
While this may not be enough to prove FF is a different continuity, I think this is more than enough to at least warrant FF characters getting their own profiles rather than sharing pages with the game canon.

It's safer due to lacking confirmation either way, it's cleaner, and it's more in-line with what the author intended. Scott stated that while some may be connected to the games and novel trilogy, some aren't. The books themselves notes that they are from different corners of series canon. (on the back cover)

TL;DR - Fazbear Frights isn't confirmed to be in the game's canon. It hasn't been HARD deconfirmed either, but several things point to it being different, including Scott claiming that the stories take place in multiple continuities. Separating them on the wiki is the most accurate and safe option, and is what the series' own wiki does.

Burntrap, Glitchtrap, and the Mimic

Oh boy. Here we go.

So, THE MIMIC. The Mimic is a character introduced in the Tales From the Pizzaplex book series, a spiritual successor to FF while not existing in the same continuity.

Before you bring up the heart pendant in Frailty, this is a reference. The pendants have different powers and likely are not supposed to be the same pendant, and the FNaF wiki says as much. FF pendant has illusion powers, TFTPP pendant has healing powers. Let's wait for more confirmation to come out before ruling that these two book series share a continuity.

Back on track though, Mimic appears in TFTPP, and then becomes the main antagonist of Ruin, Security Breach's DLC sequel. It would appear that this Mimic is the same one from the books, as stories such as GGY and The Storyteller are apart of SB canon. I am willing to rule these as different profiles, however there is much more evidence connecting TFTPP's continuity to SB's.

Now for the complicated part. The Mimic is (probably) Glitchtrap, as almost confirmed here and here. It's implied to the same entity that possessed Vanessa and Gregory.

This, of course, means that William isn't Glitchtrap. He gets that key removed.

It's also worth noting that Burntrap isn't canon. He's Gregory's OC from a drawing he made. The Burntrap ending is non-canon. The 'Save Vanessa' ending of SB is canon, as proven in Ruin.

However, whether or not Glitchtrap and Mimic are the same is headcanon either way. That is the sad reality of the FNaF franchise. While I can list all of the implications that Mimic is Glitchtrap, it'd ultimately just be speculation with evidence to support it

I wanna suggest giving Glitchtrap his own profile, seperate from both Mimic and William, with a note at the bottom that he may be either one of them, we just lack definitive proof.

For example, the FNaF wiki has this note on their pages;

• Please note that while there is evidence suggesting that The Mimic, Glitchtrap, and Burntrap are all one and the same, they will be treated as separate entities on this wiki for the sake of unbiased documentation until further, concrete evidence is provided.
This seems fair enough to me, we should do this too.

THREAD TL,DR

• Pre-Springtrap William and UCN William are pretty different, they need different keys.
  • Fazbear Frights isn't confirmed to be apart of the game's continuity, with heavy implications that it isn't, and as such should not be on the William Afton (Games) profile. FF content for William will become it's own profile
  • The Mimic, Glitchtrap, and Burntrap are likely the same entity, but as a lack of definitive proof exists, they should be separated with a note explaining why. William loses his Glitchtrap key.

Last edited:
Burntrap should stay on William's page, not as a key or anything, but simply in his gallery or something. the ending is non-canon and we have no idea if Burntrap is really the mimic (im personally inclined to believe burntrap is william to some degree)

other than that, i agree.

Burntrap should stay on William's page, not as a key or anything, but simply in his gallery or something.
he could be in the gallery for William and Mimic yeah. He may even be able to get his own profile? I think we allow non-canon profiles as long as we don't scale them to anything

Also, about the burntrap ending not being canon.

not entirely true, some events from other endings happen in ruin, including the earthquake which happens in the burntrap ending which literally starts the events of the DLC.

While the events are similar, we know it can't play out the same way it did in the SB endings. They're unreliable, all we know is that the Save Vanny ending happened and then an earthquake happens.

While the events are similar, we know it can't play out the same way it did in the SB endings. They're unreliable, all we know is that the Save Vanny ending happened and then an earthquake happens.

not entirely true, some events from other endings happen in ruin, including the earthquake which happens in the burntrap ending which literally starts the events of the DLC.
Well, Blob still existing in the DLC

The game does like a weird shit of "you see all this endings? Well, lets take the 3 star one, merge the burntrap one, a little of the other ones also, and... we are ready."

We know that Gregory and Vanessa went into the sinkhole (as opposed to Gregory and Freddy in the Burntrap ending), but we don't know if they met Burntrap, we just know they met the Mimic

Technically everything before FNaFVR is dubiously canon but the more I think about that the more insane I become

I agree with OP's points. While certain events are certainly possible to have happened, we do not have conclusive evidence that they indeed happened or if they are even the likeliest outcome.

We know that Gregory and Vanessa went into the sinkhole (as opposed to Gregory and Freddy in the Burntrap ending), but we don't know if they met Burntrap, we just know they met the Mimic
They definitely met the mimic. The Blob is loose on the upper levels of the pizzaplex, meaning the same events of The blob grabbing burntrap still happened.

They definitely met the mimic. The Blob is loose on the upper levels of the pizzaplex, meaning the same events of The blob grabbing burntrap still happened.
We don't even know if Burntrap exists. The Blob does, but Gregory and Vanessa would know it exists regardless of that ending.

I know people have examined the models and found that Mimic shares an exact arm with Burntrap, as well as fitting within the costume, so I think they're one in the same :v

Not to mention how they both do the tiger-holding arm thing, and Mimic1 is implied to be what Vanessa got possessed by

That's headcanon though, an unbiased take is that Burntrap is neither William or Mimic but instead only vaguely one or the other. It's impossible to claim it's one or the other without falling into headcanon

I think it's ok to divide William Afton from Glitchtrap and Burntrap.

Furthermore, just because some things may have happened in ending x or y, doesn't mean everything in ending is true.

We don't know if Burntrap exists, and even as far as I know the name "Burntrap" was said not to be the character's canonical name in the Character Encyclopedia. So we can't take his name and say it's the same.

Plus, Fnaf deals with weird retcons, so I'm a bit shy about picking up stuff from the past.

For example, the name Burntrap that only appeared in the game files (and only appeared there). At the time, this character could very well have been William, since there had to be a reason for giving that name.

But now, with Burntrap's ending not being canonical, with the name being said to not be his canonical name, and the presence of Mimic, I even have doubts as to whether this character even exists in the lore.

Fazbear Frights isn't confirmed to be apart of the game's continuity, with heavy implications that it isn't, and as such should not be on the William Afton (Games) profile. FF content for William will become it's own profile
We can remove some stuff but some of the abilities we get from FF is actually just explanations on Springtraps abilities.

For example most of the emotion stuff is a direct explanation to remnant and how animatronics are alive

The whole phantoms thing is explained which is

This is the explanation of the whole Phantom things

Okay, sorry I didn't respond when you asked me to, this isn't as straightforward as I'd thought and there were other matters I was asked to look into.

Regarding the canonocity of Fazbear Frights... if that really is all the evidence used to justify it as canon (the implication that it may solve some mysteries in the canon), then I would agree that it is not concrete when compared to the evidence working against it being canon. I would accept the change suggested on this front, then.

I genuinely cannot decipher about half of the words you're using in your argument for the Mimic and the evidence provided is nearly meaningless without a lot more context. I don't understand why those traits would make Glitchtrap = Mimic, I don't know who those people are, and the Burntrap evidence is a dead link. I lack the proper context to make even a somewhat educated call on this.

Okay, sorry I didn't respond when you asked me to, this isn't as straightforward as I'd thought and there were other matters I was asked to look into.
No prob! Any input is appreciated

And I don't know if you meant the formatting of the Mimic section was bad or if you're just unfamiliar with the context, but I apologize for that. The Mimic stuff is ultimately much less important and much more messy than the main two points of this thread (William's Alive and UCN keys being separated and Fazbear Frights canonicity)

EliminatorVenom and Bambu have both accepted the Fazbear Frights proposals, so can that be fixed?

That bit can be, aye.

There seems to be an older version of the page which is just the same profile but with the Fazbear Frights stuff removed, so I should just be able to use that and add a couple edits to clean up stuff

it's currently covered in headcanon though, so i need to do something about that either here or in another profile rework CRT

I also recall there being a profile for FF William before the merge, is there a way to recover that? I looked for it in case it was saved to a blog or something, but no luck

I also recall there being a profile for FF William before the merge, is there a way to recover that? I looked for it in case it was saved to a blog or something, but no luck

if it can, the High 6-B was debunked in another CRT (when it was on the main canon profile), so that needs to be fixed accordingly

Screenshot-20231106-223113-Chrome.jpg

Can its history be accessed?
No

Back