• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Flash (CW) upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just didn't feel like arguing any more, it was kind of getting pointless because the show is really inconsistent about it.

I said something in one of the Previous ones that i will say here - Eliza (Trajectory) collapsed a bridge with her speed, i think that's something we could add to Barry's AP section of Season 2.

I think that's a fair speed for now.

So can somebody summarise the conclusions here?

The season 1 pre amp key needs to be replaced with an Unknown for the time being.

Resistance to Cold, Heat, Toxins, and Disease for all speedsters - it's specifically noted to be a speedster thing.

Limited Clairvoyance for Zoom.

Portal Creation for Barry, Wally, Savitar, and Likely Jay - I know you said no guess work, however, Jay was shown to go into the speed force on this own twice, which requires that ability.

A new Sub Relavistic Key for a Tachyon enhanced Barry, and one who's mastered his abilities, plus a relavistic upgrade for Season 4.

Some details are still being worked out, like travel speed to reflex and combat speed amounts - though we did agree within the relavistic category for the latter two on season 2 post Amp Barry.

Spino has the details on this.

Here's a few things i'd like to discuss properly before the upgrades:

It needs to be noted that end of season, when he fought the reverse flash that he got faster, most people would know, but it needs to be concrete as it doesn't directly state so on his profile.

It should be noted that Tachyon enhanced Barry's lightning amped Live Wire to the point where she debilitated Supergirl with one blast making it was higher than when she was amped by the energy of an electric plant.

Barry of Season 2 blitzed post Amp Barry of Season 1.

In Flash's AP section it should be noted that Trajectory collapsed a bridge by running a lot - ignore the mach 3.3 thing.

Btw, here's a link to fodder villains knocking down buildings - More.

Nah, Barry's not Small City level. You cannot get AP from speed unless Barry is carrying someone or performing damage, otherwise it's calc stacking.

There are 2 calcs that need to be evaluated too, so we should wait.

It says that he's nearly as fast as the Reverse Flash, but doesn't make it clear he got a rage amp to do so, one that was much faster than his lightning timer amp.

Fhfhghghg said:
The season 1 pre amp key needs to be replaced with an Unknown for the time being.

Resistance to Cold, Heat, Toxins, and Disease for all speedsters - it's specifically noted to be a speedster thing.

Limited Clairvoyance for Zoom.

Portal Creation for Barry, Wally, Savitar, and Likely Jay - I know you said no guess work, however, Jay was shown to go into the speed force on this own twice, which requires that ability.

A new Sub Relavistic Key for a Tachyon enhanced Barry, and one who's mastered his abilities, plus a relavistic upgrade for Season 4.

Some details are still being worked out, like travel speed to reflex and combat speed amounts - though we did agree within the relavistic category for the latter two on season 2 post Amp Barry.

Spino has the details on this.
What Fhfhghghg said, but also:

-A note on Barry's profile that he was able to defeat Trajectory, who collapsed a bridge. A good supporting feat.

-A note on Season 1 Barry's speed rating that he got faster at the end of the season to keep up with Thawne

-A note that Season 2 Barry blitzed his Season 1 self

Two calcs are being evaluated. A possible High Hypersonic+ feat for pre-amp Season 1 Barry, and a possible Relativistic reaction feat for Season 2.

If Barry were High Hypersonic, it wouldn't be too inconsistent, his pre amp self did dodge lightning in the Pilot and Blackout.

Okay. I suppose that should probably be fine.

It is mentioned that the writers stated Flash speed to be mach 13.2, but did someone involved with the production really say that, or was it only the fictional characters who made the statement?

The fictional characters have put Barry at Mach 3.3 during his fight with Trajectory.

The note on his page reads "The writers have stated that Flash's top speed is mach 13.2" But if the statement came from the fictional characters, then the note is misleading.

In-universe statements that are contradicted by calculations are usually ignored though.

@Antvasima I am not saying "If the statement is made In universe, it should not be ignored".

I am saying "If the statement is made In universe, it should not be presented as Word of God"

Okay, although word of god also tends to be ignored if it contradicts calculations.

I realize that. Just to be clear, I am only suggesting that Barry's note be changed from "The writers have stated..." to "Barry top speed was measured to be mach 3.3 within the show however this is incorrect due to several contradictions"

Well, you can politely ask a few calc group members to do so if you wish. Just don't make a habit of it.

Fhfhghghg said:
If Barry were High Hypersonic, it wouldn't be too inconsistent, his pre amp self did dodge lightning in the Pilot and Blackout.
That usually gets Massively Hypersonic results (not Massively Hypersonic+ though). Can you link the feat?

I tried, but i couldn't find either.

Barry was really far away, and barely moved much to do so.

When Eobard used the tachyon enhancer in season 1 he commented about how much Speed Force energy he was absorbing, implying that the tachyon enhacer increased his speed by allowing him to use more of the speed force.

If this the case then the speed boost from tachyon enhancement would work the same way as a natural speed boost and enhance Barry's reaction speed alongside his travel speed.

One more thing. When rainbow raider brainwashed barry, Harrison Wells(Eobard) said that Barry's powers was helping him combat rainbow raider's ability. Would this count as some form of resitance?

Limited though, as he eventually caved into it, and it more delayed it rather than was resistance.

They said that the Tachyon enhancment increases the amount of speed force in their cells, so yeah. Eobard's abilities were broken, and he could only use it in short bursts, but with tachyons he could run for indefinite periods, so it 100% would have. I agree on that.

Is this for the thing Spino was arguing, what he was saying is that speed and reactions might not be linear in increase, or aren't equal, he didn't say that the Tachyon increase his reflexes.

Please stop quoting long posts. It spams the thread and makes it hard to follow.

@Andytrenom Yes, you misunderstood. Fhfhghghg explained.

If you guys don't have any more suggestions, this can be applied after the calcs are accepted.

Yes. Have you asked the other calc group members to evaluate them?

Btw Season 1 post-amp Barry might be sub-relativistic. Our MHS+ rating comes from Barry dodging Mark's lightning. Barry dodging Blackout's lightning is actually calced to be Mach 10 000:

https://image.prntscr.com/image/2AjRJ03UScm8n4Jhj9tXFA.png

https://prnt.sc/g1rg5u

It was considered an outlier, but these current upgrades made me wonder whether if it's legit.

However if it is legit, it would make Season 4 Barry 1.112x the speed of light in reaction speed.

I prefer if we avoid speculation to chase upgrades at all costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back