• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Flash (CW) upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Barry's power comes from speed.

It still doesn't mean MFTL, he just knocked it out of phase as well, so the feat is debatable.

Splitting a planet in half is Small Planet level.

Barry would have to exert a same amount of kinetic energy to counteract the pulse.

For splitting Earth 1 km, this appeared to be a very small split, only a few blocks in length.

It would be an outlier regardless, he's never shown anything that high and is consistently lower than Super Girl in the same time period, Live wire is proof.

@Fhfhghghg it is possible that Harry thought Barry was FTL after hearing he had time traveled beforebecause at this point he had no idea how Barry's time travel actually works.

Barry when time traveling was only fast enough to run around Central City a few times per second - And does so again after mastering his abilities in season 2.

@Andytrenom That's not Harry, that's Eobard pretending to be Harry, he'll know how Barry's time travel works. Eobard comes from the future.

@Fhfhghghg Well, it isn't that much of an outlier. He never shown anything that high cuz he'll die, right? But he's theoretically as fast as his time remnant. That's his highest potential speed.

Btw, i think that was earth 2 wells, because he constantly notes he's seen barry move through time, and calculated that speed to surpass zoom. Which actually fits in scaling with my comment a little bit above.

I was pointing out FTL Barry isn't that much of a stretch, but this thread got derailed quickly.

Anyway I could try to calc TeenAngel101's feat. Dodging light beams usually are below the Speed of Light, so it could be consistent.

Alright, but you're probably going to need some more evidence.

I'm going to rewatch the entire series, i have been meaning to do so for a while now.

Btw, more justification for the flash's large town level stat is that he gave live wire enough energy to hurt supergirl with his tachyon amp.

@Spinosaurus I am talking about earth 2 Harrison wells. He stated that barry was faster than Jay after he learnt from caitlin that he had time travelled.

This is season 2 Barry before his amp, so season 4 Barry would be well well over 20x that speed.

So the conclusions here:

Season 2 Barry: At least Massively Hypersonic+, Sub-Relativistic after amp

Season 3 Barry: At least Sub-Relativistic

Season 4 Barry: Relativistic

And Portal Creation as a power of Barry and Savitar, possibly other speedsters.

Also Wally due to opening a portal into the speedforce, and Jay Garrick have been shown to do so, it's also implied Thawne can do this. Zoom is the only one who we can confirm can't do this.

Possibly portal creation belongs to Jesse, Trajectory, and obviously Thawne.

I believe it is light, consistently she's stated her blasts are light, even being able to hack star labs' internet due to it running on a fiber optic system (idk if they actually do, but that's what the show says), and can bend light around her to become invisible.

I suppose that this seems to make sense.

This is somewhat of a derail, however, we also did this last thread, and this is Flash revisions after all.

In Episode 3 of Season 1, there was a Metahuman who could become a cyanide based gas, which is depicted as killing people within seconds, but the Flash withstood a dose for several minutes, if not hours due to Regenerationn. While it is Regen, Resistance to Toxins and Poison would be fair, and it's pretty consistent with Barry taking massive doses of alcohol and it lasting a few seconds, as well as not getting tranqued by horse tranqs in Season 1 Episode 8.

In Episode 3 Catlin says "i can't give you any anesthetic, your metabolism will burn right through it".

Catlin also says "you'd be dead if your lung cells didn't regenerate so quickly".

Flash is also shown to have resistance to cold when fighting against Snark, as he tanks his beam, which freezes people instantly, without being a block of ice, though he shows a notable decrease in speed and is extremely debilitated by it.

He might also need resistance to heat, as he withstood a heat gun for several seconds while fighting Snark and Rory at the same time.

It doesn't really make sense for Barry to have resistance to coldwhen cold is one his weaknesses

Fhfhghghg said:
It should be noted that Cisco saw Earth 2 splitting in half due to the magnetar, and it was going to do this to 51 Earths.
The total number of alternate Earths is infinite. 52 is only the known Earths.

Increased metabolism seems fine, but I do not know why he should have portal creation, or resistance to cold and heat.

Antvasima said:
Increased metabolism seems fine, but I do not know why he should have portal creation, or resistance to cold and heat.
Barry, Wally and Savitar have used portal creation before .. .

Did they use technology or their own powers to do so?

No, especially not Savitar, he just opened thousands around the city through sheer speed.

Barry could do it at will since run away dinosaur.

And Wally just ran in circles to open it.

However, Zoom does use technology, rather than speed.

Eobard Thawne is heavily implied to be able to in episode 19 of season 1.

It should be noted that this is BFR, but it's not all that combat applicable, except to decrease the Distance Savitar has to go.

Also, increased metablosim would confer to his Regenerationn and resistance to toxins, the latter of which is not added.

About the resistance to heat and cold:

At the very minimum he'd have heat resistance, as he's depicted as immune to the fricton his speed builds up, which his clothes burn because of.

Another example is Savitar, a future Barry, his speed is so vast that the friction is insane, as explained by Tracy, however, he can withstand it for limited periods without his armor. Should be noted that normal Barry is 5x Savitar with the philosopher's stone.

Cold resistance, not immunity however, is also consistent, as explain in my comment several comments above - Though it could be broken down to PIS.

I totally forgot about this, in the episode Blackout of Season 1 and earlier episodes, Barry's blood is said to be the key to cure disease, so disease resistance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back