• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fixing outdated Pokemon Trainers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
Many Pokemon Trainers are still 6-C/High 6-C just because nobody updated them when third stage Pokemon were downgraded, this thread is just to make the thing official.
The following trainers will be downgraded to At Least 7-A and High 7-A depending on what pokemon and forms they have:

Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha, Jasmine, Wally, Maxie, Archie, Zinnia, Anabel, Miror B. Ein, Nascour, Evice, Ardos, Eldes, Greevil, Candice, Dahlia, Palmer, Caitlin, Blake, Bianca, Cheren, N, Colress, Elesa, Grimsley, Alder, Ghetsis, AZ, Elio, Gladion, Plumeria, Guzma, Faba, Lusamine, Ryuki, Bede and Leon.

Also, many other trainers are "Large Mountain level" for being stronger than trainers that are just Mountain Level, I don't if this is legit because upscaling from a Mountain+ makes them jump the tier or not, if this is correct, then even the aforementioned trainers will be Large M if the scaling allows it,

If there was already a CRT downgrade that happened and was accepted, than I agree.

The most popular trainers are 7-A/High 7-A since more than a year, according to the downgrades received by the third stage Pokemon.
It's just that nobody cared to updated the less popular trainers.

Bede and Leon are "recent", but only because they were tiered before Dynamax was decided to be compared to Mega, since the are no evidence for it having a higher tier, and even here nobody updated them.

Thank you for the input!
Also, I want to know if it's correct to have trainers without Mega and Dyanamax/Gigamax Pokemon at High 7-A because they upscale from normal trainers that are 7-A+ (Ignoring that at some point the current stuff used for that tier will be discussed/rejected, as far as I know, even though the only thing that would change is the reason for the tier)

So should we apply what has been accepted here?

Almost, I just need GyroNutz to answer my last question.
After that, I will apply everything overtime, since those are a lot of profiles.

Gigantamax Pikachu is 6-C for the same reason as the others, i.e. no one updated him when Gigamax and Dynamax forms were downgraded and compared to Mega Forms and Thick Club Marowak.
Anime Pikachu will be downgraded as well, since all the other Gigamax now have the proper tier.

Elite Four members should be "At least 7-A" imo, by being superior to Gym Leaders but inferior to the Champion. Anyone on the level of Champions (i.e. Raihan) can be High 7-A.

With the current scaling all third stage Pokemon are At Least 7-A, so that's not really a problem for now.
Things will change when someone more knowledgeable than me on how to handle that revision will open a CRT.

Btw, then for now the situation would be like this:

Trainers below champion-level: At least 7-A

Trainers around champion-level: High 7-A

Trainers below champion-level but with a Mega/Gigantamax: High 7-A with Mega/Gigantamax name of the Pokemon

Would Bea be High 7-A via defeating Korrina and Ash?
I didn't watch the new series, but I think that Ash should be considered champion level only when he goes against that kind if trainers in the specific region.

Atm Korrina is High 7-A due to Mega Lucario and Ash due to having battled champion level people in a previous series.
Bea should still be High 7-A only with Gigantamax Machamp.

Uh, that's a problem, because she wouldn't ne the only one affected by this, at least all the other Galar Gym Leaders with their serious teams (those they use in the end game)

Which Pokemon did she use? Because Mega and Gigantamax (at least for me) shouldn't be considered way too much stronger than base forms, types and strategies should be taken in consideration.

Then I'd go safe on that, after all, Bea's pokemon are still supereffective on Lucario and she might have been better in leading the battle with her Pokemon, despite the disadvantage in raw power.
Personally I'd keep her in at least 7-A, maybe writing in the intelligence section that she defeated a Mega Pokemon without using another Mega or Gigantamax.

I recall Ash using his newly caught Pokemon against Bea, like his Riolu, rather than his champion-level Pokemon. Also like Saman said, Ash's Pokemon aren't always at champion levels of strength; his Pikachu is the only member of his current team with those feats afaik, and even that gets hit by PIS sometimes.

Pikachu isn't always champion level, though, he too is affected by the "reset" when a new series starts.

I agree with this
Pikachu isn't always champion level, though, he too is affected by the "reset" when a new series starts.
On a side note, thats always PIS, which led to Pikachu losing to a fresh, starter Snivy despite keeping up with many tournament battles

Exactly because it's PIS we can't use Pikachu to scale any Pokemon he fights to champion levels if there aren't arguments to back the thing up.

Have the accepted revisions been handled here?

What do you mean with handled?
Everything has been accepted but not applied yet because it's a fair amount of work.
I will do it overtime starting from tomorrow or later today, maybe, it will not take very much because it's easy, but it isn't even something I do in 5 minutes.

I didn't think of keys like those of Kanto gym leaders in GSC post-game and other trainers during the World Tournament of Black and White.
Should they be considered Large Mountain? In the first case they have Pokemon whose level is around or superior to that of the player, who defeated Johto's champion (Lance), and the situation is similar with the world tournament.
Do we consider those things like game mechanics or like having a stronger team?

My concern was more about the Gym leaders, elite four and other similar trainers.

We established that normally they are at least 7-A if they have final form Pokemon, while High 7-A is only for trainers that are at least champion-level or have a mega or gigamax pokemon (in the last two cases it may be specified that they get the tier through those Pokemon).

The problem is that some of these "weaker" trainers can have a team whose stats and level are comparable or superior to those of a champion, for example the Kanto gym leaders in the post game of Gold and Silver or all of them that return in Black and White to participate in the World Tournament.

In these cases, do we consider them High 7-A for being comparable to at least a regional champion, or we label everything as game mechanics, keeping them at "at least 7-A "?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back