• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fixing outdated Pokemon Trainers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a scaling problem given by game design, because we either have 8-A/7-C Pokemon that upscale from 7-A or vice versa, due to their placement inside the game.

Last edited:
Ok, but we would end up with 8 A and 7 C Pokemon being 7 A by scaling to Pokemon like Lucario and Gyarados because of game design.
And Nessa is a problem too, as pointed out, for the same reason.

Last edited:
Thinking of it, we can even ignore the scaling and mark every trainer only after their Pokemon team, even though it's a bit like getting around the problem.

Thank you, then I guess that weaker final form Pokemon can still be considered on par with lesser but stronger forms.
It also causes way less scaling problems than the opposite option.

Yes, I already started fixing the profiles before asking this question the other day, since we did reach a conclusion, I just didn't want to rely on personal assumptions, so I stopped.

Speaking of which, I need inputs about whether or not Shadow Pokemon can be considered High 7-A due to the enhancements (I didn't play that game), I will ask the same in the Pokemon General Discussion, linking this thread, so we can reach a quicker conclusion.
It applies to 4-5 profiles only anyway, so I can go on with other profiles in the meanwhile.

Eh, the biggest thing that Shadow Pokémon have are their "Shadow" moves, which are super effective to all non-Shadow Pokémon. Being a Shadow Pokémon simply means that the Pokémon in question has had their hearts sealed away through some unstated process, turning them into ruthless fighting machines. Aside from that, they should still scale to their normal counterparts.

Thank you. So what, if anything, is left to do here?

Nothing, but I'd like this thread to stay open until I finish the work, in case I meet other problems.

I encountered another issue, but only limited to Colosseum and XD's trainers (That's why I stopped editing them)

Evice and Nascour have a Tyranitar and a Metagross scaled to 6-B because they are "among the strongest Shadow Pokemon" , so it's assumed that they are superior to Entei, Raikou and Suicune, with one of them having been possessed once by Ein.

Is this scaling legit, or it's just assumptions, an outlier or something?

Bump

I also noticed that Peony is high 6-A scaling for the player who captured the Regis and I'm fairly sure this is not allowed for the standards of Pokémon scaling, since it's not used in any other profile, and goes against the rules we established here.
And otherwise we would scale any trainer to the legendary captured by the player before the end of the game, which is something that clearly can't be done (and has never been done).

He should be High 7-A in the second key scaling from his previous key, where it's stated he was the former champion of Galar.

Honestly, yeah. Both the Coliseum and Peony scaling to Legendary-weilding trainers seems rife with outliers, since as you say, we could scale basically anyone who fights a main character after they receive a Legendary, such as Brendan/May from ORAS, who get a Lati@s halfway through their journey. (People seem to forget this sometimes...)

Pheeeewww, I'm finally DONE.

I fixed every trainer and made some general clean-up along the way, regarding speed, lifting strength and such, all according the current profiles of the Pokémon and what has been agreed here about the scaling.

I also added missing galleries and merged some redundant keys, without changing any tier.

Okay. Thank you. Should I close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back