• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Redone?

Ehhhhh, not really? We've acknowledged how Gumball is more than willing to use the remote's hax here, and the only thing from that thread that might give Courage trouble is mind reading
It'd give him a lot more trouble, that's for sure.

Since it was accepted that the Helmet getting knocked off was Plot-Induced Stupidity, that'd also probably be a bigger factor. As well as Gumball's higher intelligence rating and revised tactics.

Since it was accepted that the Helmet getting knocked off was Plot-Induced Stupidity, that'd also probably be a bigger factor. As well as Gumball's higher intelligence rating and revised tactics.
I agree on his intelligence but I think here he wouldn't go out and take is seriously since Courage is just a dog so it's hard seeing a case of him taking that as a threat. Though he does have mind reading so he knows Courage is a threat ... the issue is how passive it is or not and wiether it's too late

Last edited:
The Helmet is impressive, but it won't block a scream that can reach the sun.

Courage also still has the intelligence advantage and is far more consistent with it
It's probability manipulation; Courage would just miss. Doesn't matter how far it can go when the helmet was shown to make the user basically unhittable even at point-blank range.
I agree on his intelligence but I think here he wouldn't go out and take is seriously since Courage is just a dog so it's hard seeing a case of him taking that as a threat. Though he does have mind reading so he knows Courage is a threat ... the issue is how passive it is or not and wiether it's too late
I mean it's completely passive and they've done it multiple times.

It's probability manipulation; Courage would just miss. Doesn't matter how far it can go when the helmet was shown to make the user basically unhittable even at point-blank range.

has it done AOE in general?
I get range projectile but I can't remember AOE

In the CRT, you said it's possible that without something like danmaku, the chances of Gumball getting hit with the helmet on is low

Courage's screams have High 4-C AoE, but now Courage can't hit Gumball???

That's a bit of an NLF, is it not? You're assuming that because it prevented Gumball from getting hit with a few projectiles, it will automatically protect him from a Star level AoE scream.

Prove it does this with an attack that has 4-C AoE.
Why do I have to? Probability Manipulation isn't an ability that's that specific. The hat has been shown to make attacks miss at point-blank range versus a moving target. A speed-equalized, mind-reading, one-week-prep gumball will never get hit, and there is no reason to assume otherwise. This is like a character showing a total immunity to fire and then asking 'prove they're immune to a lot of fire'.

Why does the attack potency even matter? We're talking about hax, not a conventional defense.

In the CRT, you said it's possible that without something like danmaku, the chances of Gumball getting hit with the helmet on is low

Courage's screams have High 4-C AoE, but now Courage can't hit Gumball???
...?
  1. The Helmet being defeated by a ranged attack seems like a classic case of Plot-Induced Stupidity. Anais and Darwin were completely unable to hit gumball at point-blank range, to the point where random birds would spawn out of thin air to take the hit instead. It's straight up just warping reality by all accounts; it being able to be taken out by a random far-ranged attack is 100% an outlier.
Yeah maybe it's just like, without danmaku the chance of hitting is low. There really isn't any reason why it was hit in the first place tbh.
The CRT that was accepted makes it very clear that the hat not working was accepted as Plot-Induced Stupidity. Even the quote you're citing has me saying immediately after that there wasn't any real reason behind it not working-I suggested a 'maybe', not a 'definitely', and certainly not a part of the actual post.
That's a bit of an NLF, is it not? You're assuming that because it prevented Gumball from getting hit with a few projectiles, it will automatically protect him from a Star level AoE scream.
No? The Hat makes attacks used against it miss, even if they're at point-blank and gumball isn't moving. It's clearly manipulating the user's aim or completely altering the attack's trajectory--neither of which would care about the potency

Why do I have to? Probability Manipulation isn't an ability that's that specific. The hat has been shown to make attacks miss at point-blank range versus a moving target. A speed-equalized, mind-reading, one-week-prep gumball will never get hit, and there is no reason to assume otherwise. This is like a character showing a total immunity to fire and then asking 'prove they're immune to a lot of fire'.

Why does the attack potency even matter? We're talking about hax, not a conventional defense.

...?

The CRT that was accepted makes it very clear that the hat not working was accepted as Plot-Induced Stupidity. Even the quote you're citing has me saying immediately after that there wasn't any real reason behind it not working-I suggested a 'maybe', not a 'definitely', and certainly not a part of the actual post.

No? The Hat makes attacks used against it miss, even if they're at point-blank and gumball isn't moving. It's clearly manipulating the user's aim or completely altering the attack's trajectory--neither of which would care about the potency
NLF DETECTED. NLF DETECTED.

You're trying to say probability Manipulation can do the same thing to an AOE over 100x the size of the earth that it does to a projectile barely a fraction of that size.

It's an AoE scream, it doesn't have a trajectory or a specific direction.

Back