• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
latest
vs-blade-black-panther-logo-hd-transparent-29.png
394-3948862_courage-the-cowardly-dog-cartoon-character-courage-courage.png

It was a dark and stormy night when Luigi, Mario's brave brother, received a strange invitation to explore a haunted mansion on the outskirts of town. Coincidentally, Courage the Cowardly Dog also heard rumors about the same mansion and decided to investigate, despite his innate fear.

Luigi, with flashlight in hand, entered the dark corridors of the mansion, while Courage, trembling, followed cautiously behind. The sinister atmosphere hung in the air, fueling the tension between the two very different characters. Luigi was determined to unravel the mystery, while Courage prayed that everything was nothing more than a nightmare.

As they explored the creepy corners of the mansion, misunderstandings began to arise between Luigi and Courage. Courage's fearful mind interpreted each shadow as an imminent threat, while Luigi, more accustomed to the challenges of the Mushroom Kingdom, saw things in a more rational way.

The tension grew until, in a dark and narrow corridor, a suspicious noise made Courage jump in fright. He gave Luigi a nervous look, blaming him for his growing anxiety. Luigi, in turn, was focused on discovering the truth behind the mansion's supernatural phenomena.

Suddenly, an ominous shadow appeared before them. It was an illusion, a shadowy creature created by the mansion's own magic. Courage, terrified, began barking frantically, while Luigi, wielding his trusty Poltergust, prepared to face the unknown.

The misunderstanding reached its peak when Courage, driven by fear, interpreted Luigi's movements as a direct threat. In an instant of panic, Courage attacked, believing he was defending himself from imminent danger.

Both are High 4-C

Speed is =

Both starts 10 meters apart

The fight happens in a haunted mansion

Luigi has his Genius intelligence

SBA for everything else

"Luigi Time":

"The things i do for love...": @Accelerated_Evolution @JustANormalLemon @James_Plays_4_Games @Mariogoods @Dragonite007 @Sans2345 @Oiguana2701 (7)

Inconclusive: @koopa3144

Last edited:
Luigi has:
Statistics Reduction
Dizziness Inducement
Resurrection
Power Nulification
Duplication
Size Manipulation

Courage has:
Social influencing
Soul Manipulation
Invisibility
Possession
Emphatic Manipulation

Additionally, Luigi cannot kill Courage due to his regeneration and it would be difficult for Courage to kill Luigi due to him having greater durability than his AP.

Last edited:
Ngl I think Courage's Social influencing could be pretty effective here due to both having not a good slight up way to kill each other and I would be in character for Luigi to hear him out.

Ngl I think Courage's Social influencing could be pretty effective here due to both having not a good slight up way to kill each other and I would be in character for Luigi to hear him out.
I agree with you

Does Luigi has a way to win without BFR (an ability that Courage also has)?

He could beat Courage into he's K.Oed though that will take a while due to his high stamina.
What are Luigi standard tactics?

Courage always tries to finish off his enemies as quickly as possible, so he would probably see that his physical attacks doens´t work and then try to use Mind manipulation, transmutation (that won´t work on Luigi), BFR or soul manipulation

What are Luigi standard tactics?

Courage always tries to finish off his enemies as quickly as possible, so he would probably see that his physical attacks doens´t work and then try to use Mind manipulation, transmutation (that won´t work on Luigi), BFR or soul manipulation
I don't think Luigi has any real standard tactics but he'll probably start with his Jumps, hammer, thunderhand, or amping with power-ups. He'll also probably start with stunning with the Strobulb which is what he uses to start most battles with ghosts.

Don't have anything to comment on the match itself. But wouldn't Courage be fairly above Large Star level if Inverse Square Law was accounted for in the destruction of the Sun via a scream?

Don't have anything to comment on the match itself. But wouldn't Courage be fairly above Large Star level if Inverse Square Law was accounted for in the destruction of the Sun via a scream?
The sun feat is not the reason why he has his large star level rating, it is just a supporting feat (destroy the sun is just star level), and the difference between the beginning and the end of the large star tier is greater than 700x it´s baseline

The sun feat is not the reason why he has his large star level rating, it is just a supporting feat (destroy the sun is just star level), and the difference between the beginning and the end of the large star tier is greater than 700x it´s baseline
Destroying the Sun directly is Star level. Destroying it all the way from earth is way higher though. Inverse Square Law bumps that up several orders of magnitude.

But does Courage scream counts as a omnidirectional attack?
I think it'd be a hemispherical expansion, but not spherical. Since it expanded outwards into space and not down into earth (Though it's a gag cartoon, so I don't think they'd care for being realistic with the impact it has on earth in general).

I will vote courage, in this battle is much in character to courage to pull SI before luigi pull any hax or KO courage, also courage can witstand a funking ton of beating so there is that, voting the pink dog

But does Courage scream counts as a omnidirectional attack?
yes
I think it'd be a hemispherical expansion, but not spherical. Since it expanded outwards into space and not down into earth (Though it's a gag cartoon, so I don't think they'd care for being realistic with the impact it has on earth in general).
Toon force users basically can ignore parts of how the world work, so the screen not affecting the planet is accounted by toon force protecting It

I mean, are You gonna make a CRT for that or are You gonna make Courage 1-B for the battle? (I'm not the brightest person, sorry)

I tried the 4-B CRT and it got rejected, it´s coragover

Anyway, since I can vote on my own thread, I'm voting for Courage, since he would probably try to KO or finish Luigi as quickly as he can

Curiously, both have similar wincons, but only Courage has things like Social influencing and Soul manipulation

As I said before both can't really kill the other so their gonna have to go for KO or incap. I think Luigi has more experience and skill and might be able to suck up Courage in the Poltergust while Courage can probably talk him out of fighting so it prob comes down to who does what first.

As I said before both can't really kill the other so their gonna have to go for KO or incap. I think Luigi has more experience and skill and might be able to suck up Courage in the Poltergust while Courage can probably talk him out of fighting so it prob comes down to who does what first.
Do you vote in anyone or you vote in incon?

I think that Courage has the versatility, skill and abilities to defeat Luigi in the conditions set. Courage's regeneration should make him difficult for Luigi to put down for good, giving Courage enough time to do damage and cook up some good tactics. I vote for Courage winning the battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back