• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem Discussion thread: New Forum, New Mystery of the Emblem

It's fine, nothing too outstanding or anything, but the game makes it clear it isn't going for something like that

Fun fact, I took out both those Wyrms and all of the ring users; too bad the boss is invulnerable to everything thrown though never tried using the Tiki Bracelet and her fog breath.

Yeah, tell me about that. Though I really love the Wyvern Riding minigame.

Yeah, wyrm reinforcements that have 1-3 range, ignores def/res, and inflict Freeze are incredibly powerful

Dimitri's Shield Gambit and Etie with a Steel Bow were my best friends that map

I’m still on chapter 12, so I’m not anywhere close to completing the game, but in terms of scaling, would Alear be 2-A?
I have not found Heroes scaling or their own feats yet, but I can guarantee that all the 6 timelines might need to have soldier scaling chain merged and God Tier/Divine Dragon/Dark Dragon scaling chain(s) merged. Marth, Roy, Ike, Eirika, are all comparable to each other with just Rapiers and what not, and better yet are comparable to each other via Falchion, Binding Blade, Ragnell, Sacred Twins, and the Heroes Relics' of the three House Leaders.

Well, in terms of scaling

Towards the end of the game, Alear can fight and beat each Emblem in combat, with most of them using their strongest weapon, with the exception of Marth iirc

Yeah, Marth is officially the strongest of the Emblems if we're going to take the Bond conversations seriously. Also, I already have seen a taste of what they can do against Emblem users in chapter 11

Anyways, there's also a potentially promising statement towards the end of the game, story spoilers ahead (Safe to read after Chapter 22)

Sombron uses the Emblems to gain "infinite power" and his main goal is to rule over all worlds

Also:
Sombron is able to oneshot Alear prior to this

I certainly didn't expect him to just level half of the entire map

By the way, there are more statements that confirm Ike being the strongest lord

I'm only in Chapter 9 but don't each of the Bond rings say directly they give you the power of the Hero in them when you use Details to highlight the name of the Hero inside them when equipped even The FE Heroes ones, The short descriptor are also slightly unique for each bond ring but the Askr Trio share the same one, Would the Bond Rings mean anything for scaling or support?

Last edited:
I'm of the opinion that we can scale the Engage cast to the Askr Trio. Though, it's not confirmed which Book the Askr Trio come from, so they would probably just scale to 2-A rather than Low 1-C.

I agree to that, Like the House Leaders aren't there end game selves, Although I've been curious if the Heroes lore and cosmology would be worked in more directly with the mainline profiles now, It's already been accepted as canon previously so wouldn't that mean things like the Azura chain holds up for mainline?

Last edited:
I don't want our spoilers getting too heavy, though I generally think main story portrayals should overall take priority over support conversations and/or paralogues. And certain characters might be more reliable, but Alear legit does consider Marth "The strongest person they ever met" her C or B rank bond.

Also question, what gender did each of you decide to choose for Alear? I chose female because I really liked the hair style and how it pretty much is long enough to touch the ground.

I picked Female mainly because I tend to switch genders when doing first playthrough. Awakening I was Male, Fates female, Houses male, and now Engage with female.
Yeah, I also tend to alternate between playthroughs. I also am sometimes one when I choose first playthrough then the other when I replay on higher difficulty or in Fates/Three Houses case a change in route.

Also, I wanted to bring this up, but I am kind of mixed on the name of the new main villain. It sounds too similar to a certain MLP character.

Female, from what little i had saw of the character beforehand their voice and personality felt more fitting with the female design though yea i also switch genders between runs, Playing on Classis Hard atm

I am playing Hard Casual because I want to experience the story and I don’t want my units to die. Although I haven’t experienced much trouble besides few Skirmishes where I was very under leveled and I decided it was a great idea to bench the MC, my strongest unit.

Male Alear

Anyways, I just beat the game (Hard-Classic), might do Maddening next 🤔

This game is incredible

Male Alear

Anyways, I just beat the game (Hard-Classic), might do a Maddening Iron Man 🤔

This game is incredible
Personally, so far. I am only halfway through the game since I initially struggled to find it in stores and I have a lot of time spend working and don't want to miss out on the side questing and conversations. But so far, I easily consider this top 10 tier for Fire Emblem but not quite top 5 and certainly not top 3 (FE4, Binding Blade, and Three Houses are a trilogy really hard to beat to me). I plan to remake my ranking of the FE games from least favorite to favorite after I finish the game.

I have been struggling to keep my other units leveled they became under leveled so easily and The Skirmishes are too high level and the Emblem level Skill is pretty slow in it's own way to since it can only get 2 levels per Skirmish max

Traditionally, Fire Emblem didn't have grinding methods outside of Arenas.

Which is why Awakening was one of my favorites i could buy risen boxes and train anyone and play with all my units a lot more, It takes a way part of the challenge yea but it's also somewhat of a pain for a character to not be what i need at the time of me getting them and when i do need them there too weak to be of use

Back