• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem Discussion thread: New Forum, New Mystery of the Emblem

And DLC. I remember there was a DLC in Awakening where I could grind every one of my units easy
When I said "Traditionally" I meant most FE games made before Awakening. Gaiden had it, Sacred Stones had it, but before Awakening most FE games didn't have grinding.

I am a straight male, but I am also the indiscriminant type; I also enjoy experimenting multiple combinations based on the multitude of playthroughs. And I do enjoy finding LGBTQ relationships with the avatar though it seems female on female relationships are ones I tend to like most overall. But that being said, one can never go wrong with finding their waifus or husbandos in Fire Emblem.

I chose Male Alear because I tend to prefer the designs of the Male Avatars
I usually like both albeit for different reasons; I tend to see more badass stuff in male department but given my preference I prefer female when it comes to waifu stuff.

Though at the end of the day, I think class access is my primary motivator for choosing one in which is "Better". Female Robin had access to Dark Flier, which is pretty much the best class in Awakening thus female Robin is pretty much better in that game. In FE12/New Mystery of the Emblem, Male Kris was better since with merged Male Set A and B, they basically had access to all 12 class paths with Pegasus Knights and Falcon Knights (If promoted with Elysian Whips instead of Master Seal) are accessible where as females lacked the axe wielding classes, dark mages/sorcerers, mercenaries/heroes, Hunters/horsemen, and Armor Knights. Though Dracoknights were the best class in that game still. As for Three houses, both had access to Wyvern Lords, which is the best class in that game, but male Byleth had the brawling classes which are all excellent for Byleth and was kind of meant to be more physical over magical in that game. Female Byleth did have access to Dark Fliers (The best magic wielding class) and also Pegasus Knight access helped with buffing the flying rank more.

Haven't fully overviewed all classes in Engage or which ones were gender specific however. But I recall females had better flying class variety iirc.

I don't usually care that much about classes, since I usually just leave characters in their "canon" classes
I do to for first playthroughs and/or on easier difficulty settings. But on the hardest difficulty setting and especially if people are trying to do hardcore playstyles such as Iron Man run, it is recommended to look for the most game breaking tactics that require thinking very creatively ahead of time. I beat Shadow Dragon on Merciless difficulty thanks to giving characters like Caeda, Jagen or Minerva forged Wing Spears, Ridersbanes, Hammers, and Dragonpikes, and using Ballisticians. Robin could sneeze late game Awakening on Lunatic+ as a Dark Flier, and it's possible to solo Three Houses Silver Snow route on Maddening using only Byleth.

I got completely wiped in the tutorial level in Three Houses Maddening. Since then, I've stayed away from anything above Hard Difficulty.

I do to for first playthroughs and/or on easier difficulty settings. But on the hardest difficulty setting and especially if people are trying to do hardcore playstyles such as Iron Man run, it is recommended to look for the most game breaking tactics that require thinking very creatively ahead of time. I beat Shadow Dragon on Merciless difficulty thanks to giving characters like Caeda, Jagen or Minerva forged Wing Spears, Ridersbanes, Hammers, and Dragonpikes, and using Ballisticians. Robin could sneeze late game Awakening on Lunatic+ as a Dark Flier, and it's possible to solo Three Houses Silver Snow route on Maddening using only Byleth.
Yeah, fliers are just insanely good in general and makes the game easy

I am a straight male, but I am also the indiscriminant type; I also enjoy experimenting multiple combinations based on the multitude of playthroughs. And I do enjoy finding LGBTQ relationships with the avatar though it seems female on female relationships are ones I tend to like most overall. But that being said, one can never go wrong with finding their waifus or husbandos in Fire Emblem.
Cursed thing I found while playing, the male models (esp the buff model ones) have a bulge that was sculpted in a lot of detail but have trashy models overall (i.e. due to clipping issues they were made wide as **** which causes them to look weird and causes their hands to just hover in the air in certain poses)

Does anyone know of a good way to grind money and SP? The game throws so much stuff to get that you run out really quickly. And all the good skills to inherit are expensive so it takes forever to get them. I tried the skirmishes but they don’t really give that much for how long it takes.

Last edited:
Haven't really grinded personally, but apparently Great Sacrifice is good for gaining SP

and I believe you can get money from skirmishes?

Haven't really grinded personally, but apparently Great Sacrifice is good for gaining SP

and I believe you can get money from skirmishes?
Yeah I already know about that one. Just wondering if there was one for the whole party instead of focusing on just one.

As for the skirmishes they only give like 2, 3k a battle if you kill all the enemies holding them, which again isn’t really good for how long they usually take.

Gullveig winning, as I said it would be, is funny

Also a bit interesting how they'll treat a current main villain

Nice to see Soren and MRobin, too

Gullveig winning, as I said it would be, is funny

Also a bit interesting how they'll treat a current main villain

Nice to see Soren and MRobin, too

Yeah, I remember seeing discussion about how they'd handle a present main villain like Gullveig going Brave. It could get really interesting as paradoxial things happen or Brave Gull has to go all over to undo plot Gull's damages (though I doubt that much creativity will happen). Suppose I'm expecting them to give it the same treatment as what Brave Veronica had (like one line mentioning it iirc), but better than nothing. They're welcome to do more!

Yeah, I have already said the Engage rings are giving us Persona like powers and abilities that otherwise tribute TMS. Which truth be told, me and several others were disappointed that TMS felt less like SMT and more like Persona even though it was advertised as an SMT/FE crossover. I know the SMT version of Loki appears, but it still would have been awesome if some higher up god tiers appeared or if characters like Marth played more of an SMT III Dante/Raidou role.

But it's still cool regardless and some of the DLC leaks do look promising. And King Sombron also does have some note worthy statements yes.

Engage really makes me hope for more multiple phase bosses in the future
Yeah, while I don't consider it as fleshed out excellently as the Demonic Beasts of Three Houses, it is nice to see human characters have extra lives too. And Tiki can give those to an allied unit.

Also, I like giving Seadall the shades accessory at the Somniel, it makes him look like Michael Jackson sort of.

Seen the leaks and they excite me notably for the DLC.
Just a shame Gullveig existed, and won CYL too late, to be part of it.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have already said the Engage rings are giving us Persona like powers and abilities that otherwise tribute TMS. Which truth be told, me and several others were disappointed that TMS felt less like SMT and more like Persona even though it was advertised as an SMT/FE crossover. I know the SMT version of Loki appears, but it still would have been awesome if some higher up god tiers appeared or if characters like Marth played more of an SMT III Dante/Raidou role.

But it's still cool regardless and some of the DLC leaks do look promising. And King Sombron also does have some note worthy statements yes.
It honestly wasn’t even SMT x FE, it was more so some Awakening + Mystery of the Emblem characters sprinkled in with some demons from SMT, but the rest was basically original content. Would have liked to see some interactions like Ike and Demi fiend or something

At least the gameplay was really good

Yeah, I heard the gameplay is pretty solid but it was no master-piece. But I do agree I would have liked to see more connections; though it had a Persona like combat system.

The general consensus I know with TMS is the gameplay was great but it was a horrible crossover. I still agree with the last part, myself. You mix up a game about war, with smth like SMT, and you get... pop idols?

It was more of a collab gameplaywise then it was a real crossover , I think people wouldn't be as confused if the announcement trailer didn't make it seem like a SMT Vs Fire Emblem game

I like how rhea is named after the female titan from Greek mythology.

greek mythology is cool, would be nicer to see some more Greek themes in FE.

Speaking of Greek, GOD OF WAR x FIRE EMBLEM WHEN?

The general consensus I know with TMS is the gameplay was great but it was a horrible crossover. I still agree with the last part, myself. You mix up a game about war, with smth like SMT, and you get... pop idols?
Yeah, it was more like just some semi-original ripoff of Persona that happened to have characters from Marth's timeline (Particularly Mystery of the Emblem and Awakening characters) as Personas and a few SMT demons thrown in. But the gameplay was really fun yeah.

AD9-E3-D37-119-F-41-A8-B6-F6-58-C0-B78-FA383.png

Back