• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem discussion thread 2: Hogwarts, but cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, Caspar might be one of the biggest powerhouses in the game (Lysithea + Thyrsus is #1, I even gave her Thunderbrand because I wasn't using Catherine), and Healing Focus is just way too unbalanced, you just gain 50% of your health for absolutely no penalty, I absolutely loved giving enemies unarmed beatdowns with Caspar, Raphael, Byleth, and most recently Dedue

Even without Healing Focus, Gauntlets are really good weapons anyways given that they're essentially Killer Brave weapons AND you get to punch people to death

Brawling is definitely my favorite melee weapon; far surpassing those of swords, lances, and axes. Though, magic and bows are also good to have.

Caspar: I am gonna prove myself!

Byleth: Sure you are shorty.

Caspar: Proceeds to beat a demonic beast to death with his bare hands

Byleth: .........You're gonna go places kid.

Honestly, I really like how much of a joke demonic beasts can become later in the game

I will say, The Immovable, Wind Caller, and even the Titanus were very fun battles for me

Honestly, I don't know why Rhea even bothers with her sword and shield combo.

She should just make use of that A Brawling stat, put on a set of gauntlets, and punish sinners the ol' fashioned way. She'd probably get more done doing that.

Lindhart always says, hand to hand combat is all about being tall. That way, your enemies can't reach you. Casper: I'll teach you wrong by kicking the tail of some tall knights.

Moments later, couldn't even land a single hit.

We saw what Rhea can do with that brawling skill in a cutscene. The Sword and Shield combo is clearly holding her back.

The Sword and Shield are just to get her opponents off guard, once they think she's only packing a sword, she busts out the gauntlets and beats them down

Honestly, when I went to Rhea for Faculty Training and saw she had Brawling Proficency, my secret hope was that her special weapon/relic was going to be some sort of holy gauntlets.

I can say now that I've seen her in action as a unit, I'm SO disapointed that she didn't punch the sins out of her foes, would've been sooooo much better.

From what I've been told, there's actually no Relic for brawling, which is also a shame.

Who needs a relic for Brawling? Silver Gaunlets ARE the relics. They are broken enough. What? You want 6 attacks per turn?

Think a "Knuckles of the Creator" relic would work kinda like ARMS?

Byleth throws a punch and then the relic extends like a spring to punch someone two spaces away?

I honestly used regular iron gauntlets far more often than any relic, gauntlets are just busted

Healing Focus is the icing on the cake though, possibly the best weapon type in the series

...Brave Gauntlets.

Doubles your number of attacks...but after you already doubled your number of attacks from the gauntlet effect.

8 punches per turn.

Shame that Astra doesn't seem to be in 3H

XitSign said:
...Brave Gauntlets.

Doubles your number of attacks...but after you already doubled your number of attacks from the gauntlet effect.

8 punches per turn.

Shame that Astra doesn't seem to be in 3H
It is tho?

Well now! That's some great news! I've got to find what class it's locked behind because I didn't find it my first two playthroughs

But you can bet I'm going to try for a 20 hit combo just punching one of the big bosses over and over again.

XitSign said:
Well now! That's some great news! I've got to find what class it's locked behind because I didn't find it my first two playthroughs

But you can bet I'm going to try for a 20 hit combo just punching one of the big bosses over and over again.
Too bad it's an art, so you can't double with it

Or use gauntlets, as it's for swords

Aww...don't get my hopes up like this...

I don't know if it's just my brute force playstyle, but I'd honestly forget to use combat arts and gambits a lot.

I don't use Gambit either, and Archers/Snipers are the only characters I use combat arts for.

>Voice Actor/YouTuber

Team Edelgard is a problem, we need to revolutionize for team Claude

I say the same thing about it being my new favorite FE game to date and I'm playing through Edelgard's route. And of course I plan to play all the routes.

By the way and the looks of it.

Spoilers
I checked back on the previous thread, and it looks like the supposed High 6-A feat comes from the Immaculate one. There was a statement about burning the entire Earth to ashes, but a specific timeframe seemed important. Because it could be more akin to Medeus' statement rather than someone like Ifrit from Final Fantasy.

JustSomeWeirdo said:
Like I said above, I can't say much for other paths, but just after playing Golden Deer alone I think Three Houses is the best game in the series by far, with Claude being my favorite MC and Byleth legitimately being my favorite avatar right above Robi
Robin is actually still my favorite avatar. Which is saying a lot since I didnt start with awakening (I started with holy war).

Basically what you are saying it that Seteth say is actually Dio says. KONO DIO DAAAA!!! intensifies

Not gonna lie, after beating my first playthrough I turned on jpn voices because I wanted to hear what the cast sounded like. Audible wtf the moment seteth said something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back