• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem discussion thread 2: Hogwarts, but cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only downside to Byleth as an avatar is that there's a lack of customization for him/her. Male and Female are the only appearances; I know why hair color can't be changed since that's an important plot point; but it would be nice to adjust height and maybe hair style. But other than that, Byleth is my favorite avatar as a story character. I have liked every avatar so far; though Mark from FE7 is kinda forgettable but harmless.

Also, marrying Sothis is even better if Byleth is a female.

Ok so hol up. To be sure, what are the scaled rankings at the moment, other than Sothis? That we are 100% on?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Yeah, let me rewrite the list.
God Tier (Wherever she ends up): Prime Sothis

Top Tier (Whatever ITO and the Javelin stuff rates): The Immaculate One

High Tiers (Likely Whatever ITO and the Javelin stuff rates): Rhea, Weakened Sothis, Sothis fused Byleth, Post Time-Skip Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude, Hubert, Dedue and maybe Hilda, Seiros (not spoiling), Death Knight and Nemesis. Maybe Lysithea due to her dual crest. (If not, she's just a Low-Mid Tier)

Mid Tiers (At least 7-C, possibly higher): The Immovable, Pre-Timeskip Sothis fused Byleth, The Wind Caller, The Black Beast

Low-Mid Tiers (At least 7-C): Byleth, Seteth, Catherine, Alois, Jeralt, Post Timeskip Flayn, Beast, Post-Timeskip Cast (stronger than pre-timeskip), Shamir (The Immovable and The Wind Caller can go here if we think all the Saints should be equal and the Black Beast goes here if we consider the Saints and Elites equal. Although seeing as they are in stronger monster forms, I think they surpass Cichol (Not spoiling who Cichol is) and his daughter in power), Rodrigue, Gilbert, Post-Timeskip Bosses, Other Boss Monsters, TWSITD, Manuela and Hanneman.

Low Tiers/Normal Units (7-C): Bandit Dude, Lonato, Miklan, Pre-Timeskip students and Flayn.

No I got that, but I thought High 6-A was kinda sus at the moment.

And what are the feats in question those tiers came from? I dont wanna calc something that's already been done. That's why I'm asking.

I meant to change the High 6-A stuff. Edited my quote.

Those feats come from our meteor calc that we use for all the FE games that have meteor.

Ok good, I was gonna try and calc the javelin after I'm done with the calc I'm doing atm, why I asked.

Sothis at her prime was stated to have created everything and predates time, so she'd be Low 2-C. High 6-A if it's legit comes from the Immacalbule One being able to supposedly "Burn the surface of the Earth"; but it's unknown if it happens all at once so far.

Everyone else currently scales from Town level via the calculation for Meteor spell. But as mentioned above, some of the cloud and storm feats might get even better results.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Sothis at her prime was stated to have created everything and predates time, so she'd be Low 2-C. High 6-A if it's legit comes from the Immacalbule One being able to supposedly "Burn the surface of the Earth"; but it's unknown if it happens all at once so far.
Everyone else currently scales from Town level via the calculation for Meteor spell. But as mentioned above, some of the cloud and storm feats might get even better results.
But isnt Three houses a completely seperate timeline from the other games? Would it not be smart to calc meteor in three houses over that?

It's still a meteor from Outer Space and would at least be the same speed of 20000 m/s. The only thing that would alter the calc is the size of the meteor, which does vary from scene to scene but that's often limitations due to game mechanics. They shouldn't really be assumed to be too much different across different games. Bolganone was calculated at 8-A plus on top of having both those feats, the Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn cast are Low 7-B scaling from Rex Bolt in addition to having Meteor and Bolganone.

Also, Low 7-B is a pretty standard calculation for storm feats anyway. Which Three Houses also seems to have plenty of those. It's not cross scaling so much as it is super consistent feats across the multiverse.

I mean I dont exactly mind myself if there's no reason to think it's drastically different but apparently we cant scale things between alternate universes even if they're the exact same thing. See Sheer Heart Attack from jojo in part 4 to 8 or The world in part 3 to 7, it's frowned upon and apparently we cant cross-scale.

Chariot190 said:
I mean I dont exactly mind myself if there's no reason to think it's drastically different but apparently we cant scale things between alternate universes even if they're the exact same thing. See Sheer Heart Attack from jojo in part 4 to 8 or The world in part 3 to 7, it's frowned upon and apparently we cant cross-scale.
We do cross scale The World tho iirc. Sheer Heart attack we don't because it has higher feats and is extremely different from its origin.

I just want to say I've actually gotten slightly emotionally invested in these characters. While that may not sound like much, the only other thing I can think of that does that is Chrono Trigger.

Yeah, I actually like the cast of 3 houses. Which is a good notch above fates where I was like, huh ryoma's cool. I even grew to like the characters (most of) that i didnt give the slightest shit about initally.

I also think the time skip designs do a good job of really demonstrating what the five years have been like, if that makes sense.

Oh yeah, really like the updated designs of the Timeskip; as well as the change in outfits matching the Class changes. I especially like Ferdinand's change in appearance; that long hair does suit him. It's outright stated in one of his letters that he spend so much time training that he completely forgot to cut his hair from time to time. His growth in hair is the primary sign of his growth in general.

i didnt know rhea took her seiros appearance in the edelgard route. it feels nice seeing her seiros model in game

Edit your comment dude. We in a spoiler free zone.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
It's still a meteor from Outer Space and would at least be the same speed of 20000 m/s.
Wait how do we know any of these meteor's are from outer space? Unless I'm missing some pretty big flavor text it seems far more likely to asume these meteor's are just being made with magic.

I actually think there is flavour text for it, but dont quote me.

@SuperKamiNappa There is an in game description somewhere in Fire Emblem 4 that describes it as a "Shooting Star or comet that enters Earth's atmosphere". Not sure where the exact source is, but I trust ProtoDude as that's who I heard it from. Plus, characters do throughout the game describe meteors as "falling stars."

Regarding whether or not Crests activate on command, it's pretty clear they have no real control over them. Dimitri notes that while his blood is partially the cause of his strength, he also notes his Crest is partially to blame in regards to his strength (and by extension breaking his weapons often), and Crests of Charon are noted to take effect without regards to what their wielded want. It's not a experience thing either, since it happens with Catherine too. They probably just can't be controlled.

I've started Three Houses, and it's nice so far. I've chosen Golden Deer and I'm right before the fight at the Red Canyon.

First Impressions:

Claude is freaking Joseph Joestar in terms of underhanded tactics. He even knows the Joestars' secret technique ovo

I already hate Hilda, which is good.

Game is fun but after Echoes (my only other FE game) I still forget that archers cannot attack at range 1

Every character has redeeming qualities. I gave them all a chance and I liked all of them by the end.

You get the ability to counterattack at 1 range, so its not a big deal.

I just finished blue lions. Now starting Golden deers.

Alois is a beast.

Those knuckles are so broken they should be balanced somehow, like not being able to make critical hits or something.

Who did everyone here marry? I married (?) because it seemed canon, lol.

No nerfing the Gauntlets. Punching Dragons is the only way to play! All hail the Brawling Skill!

Shamir. Her supports and slightly snarky additude won me over, she's probably one of my favorite characters in the game right now. Also helps that she's a heavy hitter, a good replacement for the monster known as Bernie if you don't get her/want a second Bernie "Destroyer of Worlds" in your army.

I married Dorothea on my Church run, because I wanted to play as a girl at least once, and Shamir on my BL run and probably all future runs. She won my heart just by existing and has not let me down since.

Apparently Shamir was the director's favorite character too.

The faithless knight of Serios is winning everyone's heart.

XitSign said:
Apparently Shamir was the director's favorite character too.

The faithless knight of Serios is winning everyone's heart.
Am I the only person who wasn't much of a fan of her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back