• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
He scales to Zancrow's 33.3 kt because he survived that attack, not because he is equal to zancrow

I know it doesn't affect the thread, but i say this to watch the wording if someone edits the profile

Isn't this a stomp? Gash has the AP advantage already and then he has multiple stat amps on top of that, limited dura neg, attack reflection, paralysis, lightning manip and absorption (the attack gets amped by whatever is absorbed). If there is a condition or drawback to these stuff that isn't on the profile, I'd like to know because rn Natsu has skill and experience but even that doesn't seem like that big of a gap from Gash's intel section.

AnonymousBlank said:
Isn't this a stomp? Gash has the AP advantage already and then he has multiple stat amps on top of that, limited dura neg, attack reflection, paralysis, lightning manip and absorption (the attack gets amped by whatever is absorbed). If there is a condition or drawback to these stuff that isn't on the profile, I'd like to know because rn Natsu has skill and experience but even that doesn't seem like that big of a gap from Gash's intel section.
^

Gash isn't the one that has the intel, it's Kiyomaru. The two fight as a team.

Gash has a huge weakness in that if his book is burned, he gets sent back to the demon world. Not that Natsu would have any reason to know this. But he may target Kiyomaru once he sees that Kiyo is the one reading the spells from the book. It's unlikely that the book will be burned here. But it makes it so that Natsu will always have a viable win condition even if Gash is beating him down throughout the fight.

Gash doesn't have multiple stat amps. Razarauku only lasts for 30 seconds and during that time Kiyo can't cast any other spells.

Gash's paralysis doesn't work here, as there are no metal objects around.

Note, all of this is on his profile, minus the book burning thing, which may or may not be on the verse page. Though I'll add it to his, and all the other demons', weaknesses later.

Actually, I just checked. The book burning this is already on his profile. And Baou hasn't been shown to absorb attacks in his second key. Absorption is listed in his third key, not the second.

That's already been addressed. Natsu scales to below a 33 kiloton feat. So Gash has a maybe 2x AP advantage. Nowhere near enough to stomp.

Likely a Zakeruga. They mostly fire off Zakerugas (Sometimes mixing in a Zakeru) while moving around as a pair while Kiyo comes up with a plan to defeat the opponent.

Since Natsu doesn't do anything particularly special, they'd probably time Rashield to reflect his flames and force Natsu to get closer, before attempting to hit him with a Zaguruzemu. Many of their strategies once they got Zaguruzemu involves using it to create a chain link to attempt to one shot their enemy with Baou Zakeruga. And they use their other spells to make that possible.

No (unless you count speaking the spell as a cooldown). It's limited by how much Heart Power Kiyomaru has. So he won't necessarily spam his spells his quick succession all the time. He'll attempt to control the pace of the battle with Gash's abilities and his quick thinking.

They themselves have rather high stamina. But the limit is Kiyo's heart power.

Though I do think he should have enough heart power to last him the fight. I don't think Natsu is one to drag things on for an extended period of time.

Yeah. Though it requires at least two to three Zaguruzemu powerups at this point in the series.

I guess since Natsu is lower it would likely just take one. But Kiyo has no way of knowing that.

Natsu can still dodge the giant thing as long as he himself isn't hit by a Zaguruzemu.

I think speed being equalized means that Gash and his attacks move at the same speed.

Though generally his attacks seem to be a bit faster than Gash himself, since Kiyo uses the chance to move around. Yet Gash doesn't cover as much distance as his attacks in that time.

So, slightly faster. Not by terribly much at all.

Yeah. Zaguruzemu has been dodged on numerous occasions. Kiyo will normally try to force the opponent to block it, or have Gash grab the opponent and fire it from point blank range into their back, chest, or head.

Yeah, Natsu's AoE is his best advantage here. As he could possibly burn the book by accident. Though Kiyo is very careful to not let the book get burned. And has managed to take full body sized spells without letting his book get damaged. AoE is something very common in the Gash Bell verse so Kiyo will likely be expecting such. It'll force him to be on his toes since it's so large. It'll play into how far he'll let Gash be from him, as he might need a Rashield or Gash's body himself to block for him. For the most part, against AoE, Kiyo will turn to his back or side and cover the book with his entire body. And this has proven sufficient enough for it to not catch aflame. Though Kiyo getting hit obviously isn't good for their chances to win.

Literally everyone in verse targets the books because that's how they fight, lol. If that's of any help. So they'll be expecting the fight to be like that.

He scales below Gash. I'd say he can take around 5-6 attacks full force before he collapses and needs to be taken to the hospital.

That works. Most in verse end up targeting the book keepers instead of the demon at some point. Only issue is, for those in verse, the leaves the demon free to get close to the book holder and makes them getting their book burned more likely. Which is why they try to render the demon unconscious first or catch both demon and book holder in one giant AoE attack that overpowers them, or catches them off guard.

So yeah, Natsu could target Kiyo. But that might be worse as Gash can get close to him and is incredibly likely to hit Natsu with a Zaguruzemu (Kiyo mixes this with Zakeru and Zakeruga to make predicting what's going to come out of his mouth difficult). Unless Gash decides to be rash and save Kiyo, which is also likely unless Kiyo gives him specific instructions once seeing Natsu's nature. So there's pros and cons to either decision. Though Kiyo is accustomed to both.

Yep. He doesn't have resistance to anything. Though a demon cannot burn their own book.

Actually, I need to check on that whole demon hurting their partner thing. For now let's go with yes, but I'm gonna check it really quick.

I'm going to go with incon then.

Natsu will notice early on that Gash's attacks come from the book and that Kiyo has to recite the words. Natsu's going to be attacking Kiyo/the book and Gash could hurt Kiyo if he uses any large spells like Baoh. So either Kiyo gets knocked out/ the book gets burned or Natsu gets beaten before that happens. They might also think that Natsu is a mammodo and look for his partner.

Back