• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy Discussion Thread

What is Jenova doing here? Does she teleport the party or is she messing with Barret's mind? And is that strong gust of wind her doing?
Jenova is actually messing with Barret's perceptions. She knocked out the rest of the party and made Barret unable to see them or his surroundings clearly before appearing as Tifa, possibly to make him panic. The winds doesn't really seem to be there as much as part of the illusion Barret fell into.

This is less ambiguous with the explanation given in the Kids Are Alright novel where Jenova's abilities are more clearly detailed: while she can shapeshift, the way she tricks other people is by tricking their mind to make others see her as someone that can be found in their memory.

Should we specify the number of people Meteor Survivor summons through Azem's Crystal, and the job composition of those who come to aid him?

Generally it's,

2 Tanks, 2 Healers, 4 DPS... all of which are 2-A.

Jenova is actually messing with Barret's perceptions. She knocked out the rest of the party and made Barret unable to see them or his surroundings clearly before appearing as Tifa, possibly to make him panic. The winds doesn't really seem to be there as much as part of the illusion Barret fell into.

This is less ambiguous with the explanation given in the Kids Are Alright novel where Jenova's abilities are more clearly detailed: while she can shapeshift
Okay

the way she tricks other people is by tricking their mind to make others see her as someone that can be found in their memory.
Isn't this referencing her ability to read memories and shapeshift?

Peeking in here to ask

Any progress or word of Endwalker revisions? Emet needs a profile... I'd love to help out!
I finished watching all of the MSQs, I've gathered every feat for Emet. I'll list some of them here

For Themis

Last edited:
Isn't this referencing her ability to read memories and shapeshift?
It's a bit different actually. You see, in the story we have a girl named Kyrie casually talking with Kadaj (we find out that Kadaj took his name from this old friend of Kyrie) and when Tseng arrives he sees Kadaj as silver haired boy in black and with Jenova eyes, immediately recognizing a connection with Sephiroth, but he decides to stay casual and avoid trouble. When Kadaj leaves, he questions Kyrie about her connection to the boy and she mentions he's an old friend and describes him as a man with orange hair, a hooked nose and an earring (IIRC), a completely different physical appearance from what Tseng saw. Tseng then concludes that since he didn't know the original Kadaj he saw the boy as he truly was, while Kyrie was tricked as seeing the old friend from her memories.

If it had been straightforward shapeshifting, Tseng would have seen the orange haired man too instead of the silver haired boy.

I finished watching all of the MSQs, I've gathered every feat for Emet. I'll list some of them here

For Themis
Ty for compiling this!

It seemed pretty obvious in the final boss fight itself, but now we have confirmation from the Ultimania that Sephiroth can transcend worlds to exist and fight in several timelines at once
Does this amount to anything? I am guessing Immortality Type 9, given IIRC Digimon Demon Lords had a similar justification for them.

Say, actually went ahead and spoiled myself the final battle and a couple of things, so some thoughts:

The final boss is actually Bizarro Sephiroth (Sephiroth Reborn is a more accurate translation of Rebirth Sephiroth, his name in Japanese both in Rebirth and the original game) and unlike Remake where the final cutscene duel against Cloud made it clear that he was just screwing around all the time, he didn't seem to be doing so this time around, actually he seemed to be defeated after the round against Cloud and Aerith. What prevents the party scaling to Sephiroth this time around? There's also the can of worms that is how much more powerful Sephiroth is this time around.

Even if we ignore the above, there's Cloud fighting alongside Zack as an equal during the very first round of the fight. The banter and their Synergy attack put emphasis on the good chemistry they both have and in no moment comes that Zack's carrying the fight.

Gilgamesh is an absolute riot. Though he doesn't use magic proper, he does use magical weaponry like the Excalibur or the Rune Axe.

Is there any more translated info on the Rebirth Ultimania, I don't have Twitter so I no longer can check Aitai's most recent translations.

@TartaChocholate
More type 3 Acausality and some potential tier 1 stuff.
Type 3 makes a lot of sense.

Tier 1 stuff would be interesting, especially since otherwise Gilgamesh would mean that's pretty much the peak Remake can aspire to and we're surprisingly lacking feats to break from the Summon scaling.

EDIT: There's also this. After Remake Cloud and Survivor Zack's timelines converged, Sephiroth split them back with swing of the Masamune. Does that amount to anything?

EDIT 2: Confirmed it, it's a 2-C feat.

Last edited:
So, was looking arount at Rebirth and I actually did found an interesting feat:

There's this. After Remake Cloud and Survivor Zack's timelines converged, Sephiroth split them back with swing of the Masamune. I asked around and was told that splitting timelines is a 2-C feat. I may be missing context, but this could be a good one for Remake to stay apart from the original game.

So, was looking arount at Rebirth and I actually did found an interesting feat:

There's this. After Remake Cloud and Survivor Zack's timelines converged, Sephiroth split them back with swing of the Masamune. I asked around and was told that splitting timelines is a 2-C feat. I may be missing context, but this could be a good one for Remake to stay apart from the original game.
Dang, that seems pretty legit. Wait, that means we can do a Sephiroth vs Vergil thread!

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I found this compilation of summaries/translations of stuff from the Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Ultimania. Read at your own risk, for there are big spoilers ahead.

Pretty nice find, dude. Though it's mostly developers' thoughts on creating the key scenes of the game and stuff Dust brought up. We'll have to wait a bit longer for more info.

Funny how Cloud and Zack fighting Sephiroth together was almost pure fanservice on Nomura's part. It was still a pretty sweet scene.

Pretty nice find, dude. Though it's mostly developers' thoughts on creating the key scenes of the game and stuff Dust brought up. We'll have to wait a bit longer for more info.
Thanks. I just kind of found it randomly. Though, barely any of the book is summarized, which is understandable since it's over 750 pages long.
Funny how Cloud and Zack fighting Sephiroth together was almost pure fanservice on Nomura's part. It was still a pretty sweet scene.
That was pretty funny to read.

In all honesty, while I don't disagree with Gil being an outlier, even if he wasn't I'd still rather to scale the Remake continuity to their own feats and lore and slap "likely"/"possibly" like it was done for the original game for the crossover scaling. Just to not invalidate the stuff from the games themselves.

Back