• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy 16 discussion thread

Interesting stuff about the DLC. The world map describes the location of the wave as "The Surge (Mysidia): A lone wave rises to eternity, cursed to never break, the hands of time having stilled the rage of its tortured creator". This supports Shiva's time feat. We also have a cutscene where we see water was not the only thing frozen, falling debris and birds are standing still

Last edited:
Ultima becomes an Eikon in the DLC

So this is the super secret boss that Dust talked above?
EDIT: nvm it's an new power, still it looks amazing as heck

I also love that Ultima was like "you are also ours too" when he gave the eikon power to Clive and Clive was like "no **** off" while kept the Ultima eikon, talking about the disrespect lel

Last edited:
That’s not even all, the calc uses the real time megaflare speed (subsonic) to get its sub-relativistic values when we agreed in this thread that those straight line bahamut attacks should be lightspeed, already looking at MFTL+ if we take that route
Why’s everybody airing this like it ain’t incredibly crucial to the speed scaling of the entire verse😭

Why’s everybody airing this like it ain’t incredibly crucial to the speed scaling of the entire verse😭
Wouldn't it really only apply to Clive anyway? Given that when he's doing these kind of things his speed is noticeably higher to the point everyone else is basically a statue? Kinda like when Link is using his flurry rush to give a comparison

Also just a thought. I don't really care for dimensional layers or whatever, but given that the implication for Shivas time stop is that her ice is so cold it literally affects and freezes time itself as opposed to being a normal time stop, would that count as magic being 4D or something since it's not so much normal time manipulation but ice manipulation that affects time? I dunno like I said I don't care about higher D stuff or look into our standards on it, and tbh I personally don't think this counts as enough for 4D magic, but thought I may as well ask

So about Ultima being an Eikon, in terms of abilities it seems it has Holy Manipulation since the attacks are described as divine in nature, Weapon Creation (for the summon swords from the ground move), Light Manipulation (The Voice of God ability is described as a punishing attack that sends a concentrated beam of light to scorch the very earth), Additional Limbs and Flight since it creates wings, Fire Manipulation for the blue flames, Energy Projection for creating holy arrows/projectiles and Teleportation

It'd have to be the straight beam one's and I don't think Clive has any like that in his own arsenal that aren't gigaflare that he can fire off then statue

It'd have to be the straight beam one's and I don't think Clive has any like that in his own arsenal that aren't gigaflare that he can fire off then statue

Correct me if I’m wrong but in the Odin calc it’s referring to the straight beam.

But even if I’m wrong, there’s no debate for the lightning one which gets Clive around FTL+

Correct me if I’m wrong but in the Odin calc it’s referring to the straight beam.

But even if I’m wrong, there’s no debate for the lightning one which gets Clive around FTL+
Nah I did the odin calc that's thr ball ones that curve

Getting a proper chance to look and see it, doesn't seem like the light that comes from the voice of god move actually comes directly from the sun like it sounded like, but given that it's called light, comes down in a straight line, burns the ground and is noted to come from "the heavens" it seems like it should still count as SOL. Also do we have a comprehensive list of the abilities all the enemies in the games use? Given the lore of the Acrete Stone and stuff we get in Kairos Gate it's pretty much confirmed Ultima gets not only all the magic abilities of the Dominants/Eikons but the magic abilities of just about everything that uses magic, which I already suspected he did but it seems pretty clear cut now

Getting a proper chance to look and see it, doesn't seem like the light that comes from the voice of god move actually comes directly from the sun like it sounded like, but given that it's called light, comes down in a straight line, burns the ground and is noted to come from "the heavens" it seems like it should still count as SOL. Also do we have a comprehensive list of the abilities all the enemies in the games use? Given the lore of the Acrete Stone and stuff we get in Kairos Gate it's pretty much confirmed Ultima gets not only all the magic abilities of the Dominants/Eikons but the magic abilities of just about everything that uses magic, which I already suspected he did but it seems pretty clear cut now
I thought ultima being the author of every magic ability was a common consensus lol

It was but it's one of those things where the way certain things were worded left just enough for a little doubt, like it would've possible to argue that he gave everything the ability to use magic but he didn't scale to the ways they learned how to use them outside of the Eikons. I always thought it was fine to scale him to every magical ability (Besides maybe the artificial magic stuff the fallen created), but given the lore of the Acrete stones heavily implied he made them and now the DLC straight up has him making perfect replicas of every creature in the game right down to their magic for the Kairos Gate I think at this point it's gone from like, 70% sure he gets literally everything to pretty much 100%.

Granted I don't think there's much he gains anyway lol, most magic spells in the game are used by him at least once at some point but I think he gets some death hax (And maybe soul hax?) from this/

Um dalsean or anyone else do you know how we can get the calcs for:

Primo genesis Country level stuff accepted

Standing still lightning FTL+ stuff accepted
We just gotta blog the actual primogenesis feat wiyh the updated numbers and I can accept it

The lightning stuff can't be accepted without a proper calc

We just gotta blog the actual primogenesis feat wiyh the updated numbers and I can accept it

The lightning stuff can't be accepted without a proper calc
I’ll do the lightning calc when I wake up however I don’t have permission to make a blog on vsbattle wiki, I’ll just put it on google docs or pdf

Nope, there are people who've translated chunks of it but because Square Enix (And Japan in general) are pretty anal about copyright nobody is posting their full on direct translations and have to paraphrase most of what they translate because otherwise Square will hammer down on them.

At this point it's a waiting game to see if they ever bother to release an official english translation of the book at some point.

I was at least hoping that if people squinted they could tell "oh Bahamut is shooting several homing shots" lmao
Well, I remember him throwing laser blades from his wings at one point and we ALL remember Zettaflare but aside from that and maybe the number of beams he throws down, his attacks look pretty much the same. They have different names though.

Back