• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Waria Kambang said:
Each of the daedric artifacts were created from the princes' essence. Savior's Hide can stop HR. It's best feat is withstanding Mehrunes Dagon's physical attack when weared by Chimere Graegyn with the rest of the set. The fact that it didn't get destroyed from Dagon's attack should tell you that it can survive HR.

Anyway, i have to go. See you guys tommorow.
Even if you want to say the hide can block holy right uhhh

Last I checked the hide covers the torso not the head so

My Move! I Draw!

I activate use actual scans and evidence! this allows me to use quotes to support my claim directly from the source material!

Once again a mysterious pale light began to be emitted from the surface of her body.
However, the previous exchange had made it clear just how much of a difference there
was between their powers. Her defensive spell had been breached. If Fiamma went all
out, it was possible Elizalina would be killed.

from this we see that Elizalina's defensive spell was bypassed by Fiamma's HR.

But Hold on! theres more!

Using a battle in an RPG as an example...
What if there was a ridiculous command of "defeat" among the usual commands of
"fight", "defend", "magic", and "item".
Most likely, Fiamma would respond in the same way to Kanzaki or Acqua and he would
defeat them just the same. It didn't matter if his speed or strength were inferior. His
exceedingly overwhelming "power" ignored any actions taken by his opponent and
simply crushed them.
It was like pushing a giant wall along to flatten a sand hill made by
a child.

take note how "magic" and "fight" is separated from Fiamma's Holy right Power to always defeat your opponent

Fiamma's Holy Right is a direct manifestation of Michael's power. The same power that gives Carissa the power to slice through dimensional space up to the 11th dimension. Also, Curtana can't even withstand the same amount of Michael's "power" that Fiamma can use since he was born.

Holy Right can affect non-corporeals, actually. It can kill angels, which have both non-corporeality and type 9 immortality. Also, HR isn't AP based. It simply destroys the target, using the best outcome. It can go into ignoring the concept of distance, destroying the non-corporeal self and etc.

Paul Frank said:
Metalija said:
In the lore the shout stops time, but it doesn't matter here
I'm saying if it was supposed to stop time it would actually stop time
The fact it doesn't leads me to believe that stop time was more hyperbole or just flowery language meant to kind of show that it slows time to such a point it's like it's frozen
No. The mod can't even stop time. You still have the issue of moving projectiles in the enviroment of stopped time or NPCs aware of you while you supposed to stop time. Creation Engine can't handle time stop

No. The mod can't even stop time. You still have the issue of moving projectiles in the enviroment of stopped time or NPCs aware of you while you supposed to stop time. Creation Engine can't handle time stop

Incorrect no projectiles move during stopped time and npcs can't detect you or move at all and there are multiple mods that do this it's not like only one person managed it

Paul Frank said:
Incorrect no projectiles move during stopped time and npcs can't detect you or move at all and there are multiple mods that do this it's not like only one person managed it
If you find one please show it to me. Otherwise, it smells like hyperbole.

Another greatest immersion breaking is that NPCs yelling you won't get a way with this after hitting them with swords. Stealing NPC in such mode still results in criminal sentence.

[1]

I use this mod so I can confirm that

1 Projectiles don't move while time is stopped besides the initially leaving the bow like how Dios knives work in stopped time

2 Npcs can't detect you they make no comments when hit and you have a 100% chance to pickpocket additionally you don't gain bounty for doing anything in the time stop

I did used that mod once. Still, I get bounty on my head for hitting a guard, but it more annoying that I failed to pickpocket a 5000 valued item.

how much do you have to suck to get a bounty while undetectable in stopped time

And if that is just really slowed time I wanna kbow by how much because I fired an arrow once and waited for like 12 irl minutes and it didn't move

This is derailing btw anyway

So again tp to the other side of the world via thought is faster than speaking

Even if it wasn't hr could quiet possibly just silence the dovahkin before get gets to finish speaking not in a no magic sense but actually silence him

Savior's Hide is not tanking the holy right hook even if it did fiamma could spam it or just hit somewhere not covered by the hide

I don't know how much exactly but it's just slowed time by a lot it's not actual time stop, it is actually impossible to actually stop time in game. That being said the shout does actually stop time lore wise.

" Shout at time, and command it to obey, as the world around you stands still. "

The Thu'um is imposing the concepts of the words that you are using onto reality itself. In this case it is Time , Sand , Eternity. So the Dovahkiin is basically shouting at the time and imposing the meaning of Eternity at Time itself.

Edit: Even tho Saviour's Hide should be enough to tank a magical attack( which also lore wise reflect's attacks as well and it doesn't protect only the torso it protects the whole body) the Ring of Namira actually, lore wise, makes every damage the wearer takes reflected back at the attacker and also the Dovahkiin has the Necromancer's Amulet which also absorbs magic. So all in all the Dovahkiin is a very tanky character when it comes to magic.

Ogbunabali said:
I don't know how much exactly but it's just slowed time by a lot it's not actual time stop, it is actually impossible to actually stop time in game.
The Thu'um is imposing the concepts of the words that you are using onto reality itself. In this case it is Time , Sand , Eternity. So the Dovahkiin is basically shouting at the time and imposing the meaning of Eternity at Time itself.
Before I go and shoot an arrow and leave my computer on for a week and see if the arrow moves let me ask you then is fallout 3 and new vegas vats also just extremely slowed time

As for the Thu'um I know how it works I'm saying though imposing the concepts of Time sand and eternity onto the world doesn't exactly equal time stop so it's definition might just be stretching it

Also I feel like akatosh wouldn't exactly like time to be stopped and would likely prevent that

although stopped time is not really relevant as HR is just faster

dragon words are not to be taken literally example mark of death: kill leech suffer, and lets say it does not leech but depending on TOD it can kill

You can leave it for a long time it'll move eventually, since you can't stop time in Skyrim, I don't know anything about Fallout, for I haven't played any of the games so I can't comment on it.

I'ts not stretching it, it's literally how that works.

That's not how it works.

Ogbunabali said:
You can leave it for a long time it'll move eventually, since you can't stop time in Skyrim, I don't know anything about Fallout, for I haven't played any of the games so I can't comment on it.
The thing is if fallout has actual stopped time in vats (which it does) skyrim would be able to as well as they are using the creation engine

Onto your point about the saviors hide and ring of namira that would help dovahkiin alot against magic too bad hr is explicitly not magical or physical based on its descriptions so

VATS is basically a pause menu, so it doesn't count. Stop Time like Dishonored is what I am imagining.

People here love to ignore artifacts, but it is still very clear as Dovahkiin has Thu'um and artifacts enough to turn the tide of battle in the hero's favor. I haven't seen a correct counterargument against all of these, while people only imagined a scenario of a crippled Dov not using his true powers. A biased imagination, of course.

Please stop applying gameplay mechanic of Skyrim to play favoritism through downplaying. Saying Savior's Hide and Ring of Namira can only conduct magical resistance, while it is true, is enough for me to see the bias.

@kong what are saviors hide and ring of namira going to block from a non magical non physical attack that doesn't use any destructive force

And again no matter what dovahkiin starts with fiamma tping with a thought is faster than speaking unsheating or swinging a weapon so fiamma tps and snipes

Paul Frank said:
@kong what are saviors hide and ring of namira going to block from a non magical non physical attack that doesn't use any destructive force
And again no matter what dovahkiin starts with fiamma tping with a thought is faster than speaking unsheating or swinging a weapon so fiamma tps and snipes
Speed is equalized. You only think a scenario biased in your favor, which it is also not true. As those artifacts once defended against attacks from a 2-C being, something above the lame anime guy.

With speed equalized thought based powers are still faster than words and he made valid points for why savior's hide and ring of namira won't win Dovakhiin the match.

KongKing23 said:
Speed is equalized. You only think a scenario biased in your favor, which it is also not true. As those artifacts once defended against attacks from a 2-C being, something above the lame anime guy.
Speed equal doesn't make thought speed equalized to movement speed it equalizes movement speed to movement speed thought speed to thought speed so again tp is faster than anything dovahkiin does

And didn't saviors hide block a physical attack from dagon but again hr isn't physical and if the ring blocked a magical attack that's nice but it's not magical either

This isn't biased in my favor it's more biased in your favor to say that Dovahkiin can tank a non magical non physical attack due to some of his artifacts blocking attacks that were explicitly physical and magical

The ring of Namira doesn't block magic, it just makes the damage done on the wearer to be made on the attacker.

Fiamma's attack kinda has to be either phisical or magic in nature tho, there's like no in between, and if there is you either need to explain it or with verse equalisation it becomes magical.

Ogbunabali said:
The ring of Namira doesn't block magic, it just makes the damage done on the wearer to be made on the attacker.
Fiamma's attack kinda has to be either phisical or magic in nature tho, there's like no in between, and if there is you either need to explain it or with verse equalisation it becomes magical.
Lemme find the scans because it is explicitly distinguished from magical attacks and from physical attacks and used no force

Also if it's damage relecrion then it shouldn't work on hr for the same reason that accel can't deflect it

"Using a battle in an RPG as an example... What if there was a ridiculous command of "defeat" among the usual commands of "fight", "defend", "magic", and "item". It didn't matter if his speed or strength were inferior. His exceedingly overwhelming "power" ignored any actions taken by his opponent and simply crushed them.

It was like pushing a giant wall along to flatten a sand hill made by a child. The Holy Right would be "Defeat". It ignores everything the enemy does and destroys him. "

"It was beyond playing rock-paper-scissors against someone who got to choose after you had shown your hand. Simply put, Fiamma was almighty. Whether you used rock, paper, or scissors, Fiamma would just use "win". It did not matter what shape his fingers made. At the point that he made the challenge, he had already won. That was why Fiamma did not need the things that were usually necessary.

Speed.

Toughness. Intelligence.

Physical strength.

Space between him and his opponent.

Numbers.

A weapon.

Fiamma could bring an end to the fight by merely holding out his hand, so he did not need any of the usual cards that would lead to a tiny victory when used together. He needed to do only one thing to win. He would swing his right hand and it was all over. That was all there was to it."

This was posted earlier in the thread I'll look for more

That still doesn't even imply that it isn't magic. The way it explains his power it sounds like Law Manipulation, but since it isn't on his profile it's not, which just means it's flowery language to say "he's very strong".

I think what he's saying is the HR in its base is a magic that creates miracles using power aligned with God/Christianity. Miracles in general in To Aru are a third category separated from Magic and Science as shown in Endymion as a distortion that creates a natural cemented and unalterable event that affects causality making it uniform to the world. This is why it can't be affected by IB. An artificial miracle created by HR can't be fully negated by IB.

@Ohbu Nah it's not flowery or saying he's overpowering with superior strength. The quote is saying the normal things that lead to a victory in a fight like speed/strength are irrelevant because the HR manifests the most suitable output based on the need.

Keep in mind that Fiamma can still use other miracles from the Bible which include BFR and some other hax abilities. To be honest, i'm going to observe this debate more, but if Fiamma can just teleport and start attacking the Dovahkiin with a bunch of haxxes from the other side of the planet, this doesn't sound like a good match.

And also, all Magic in ES comes from the act of an individual exerting changes upon reality in accordance to their will, while tonal magic such as the thu'um is basically controlling. and influencing the underlying tones which compose the fundamental layer of reality, changing and adding to the Song of Creation itself. Both of these fall under the category of magic in ES. Don't know if it's the same as miracle in To Aru, but just going to put it there.

Dovahkiin can BFR him to Oblivion, that's for sure. Again, I highly doubt that Fiamma can outhax Dovah as everyone here only considers a single biased scenario of a crippled Dov not using his true powers. I am not even touching how Fiamma can handle Thu'um and other few artifacts.

How can he even touch Dov's Become Ethereal? A good scenario of Dov using this shout to tap dance against the helpless Fiamma, and later use BFR or a single enchanted dagger into Fiamma's brain due to the fact that this anime boy can't touch the Void beyond Aurbis.

I see the excuse of "RPG characters having different sets and methods" is a biased argument of trying to discredit the Verse Equalisation amendment. People here are trying to enforce a sense of favoritism based on a biased scenario that delegitimized the other side's exploring of other untapped possibilities. A VS battle,if it is about trying to explore the best scenario of using best possibilities, then I am not seeing it to happen here. Everyside should use its best possibility at the fullest extent, and we compare the most superior one. Another issue is using "non physical non magical" argument sounds like a violation of the rules here. It basically says that Naruto's genjutsu can't work in real world because there is no chakra. This is potentially violating against Verse Equalisation.

Again, I haven't seen a good justification for Fiamma as I read from both the profile and other babbles here. Ogbunabali may be right as it could be flowery language, which it is highly common in Japanese fiction.

KongKing23 said:
Dovahkiin can BFR him to Oblivion, that's for sure. Again, I highly doubt that Fiamma can outhax Dovah as everyone here only considers a single biased scenario of a crippled Dov not using his true powers. I am not even touching how Fiamma can handle Thu'um and other few artifacts.
How can he even touch Dov's Become Ethereal? A good scenario of Dov using this shout to tap dance against the helpless Fiamma, and later use BFR or a single enchanted dagger into Fiamma's brain due to the fact that this anime boy can't touch the Void beyond Aurbis.
HR can affect angels

Saying that fiamma tps instantly isn't a biased scenario that's just what he does

HR can also do more things than just slap such as use the sword of light which cut through imagine breaker, a 1-b powernull btw

And assuming the Dovahkiin a character with no set personality instantly time stops not only as his first move but faster than fiamma tps is far more biased than saying that fiamma tps and last I checked nothing dovahkiin can use has planetary range so there's that meanwhile fiamma can just snipe from safety

Also seeing as Tiber septim was prevented from using the Thu'um via having his throat wounded it's quite possible that if for some reason we want to say fiamma doesn't tp Holy Rights auto defend could just go for the dragonborns neck and cripple him

You only assume the scenario that Dov is a crippled dude can't even do a thing. With equalised speed, it means that both characters have no trouble using their abilities to the fullest extent. That's the point that I am trying to get.

If Dov is able to use Mehrunes Razor, he can manipulate Fiamma in an infinite amount of ways or even erase the Holy Right. Wabbajack transmutes reality, Ebony Blade as a potential soul stealing superweapon as Umbra, and so forth. Still, the Thu'um maintains as the central core of this conveying. Dov's Time Manipulation is not biased as it clearly addressed in There Be Dragons that people fighting mook dragons using Time Stop in the age of divines and mortals alike. There is absolutely nothing that Fiamma can null the Time manipulation if the shout is in place.

The only bias that I see is " last I checked nothing dovahkiin can use has planetary range so there's that meanwhile fiamma can just snipe from safety" with the OP absolutely mentions nothing about location and distance. You are making this up. As speed is equal, no one here can outdistance another in a sense of logic.

Again, I am reading the Holy Right currently to see it is kinda a wank. It is best feat of destroying a planet is still pale in comparison against the Apprentice's usage of Savior's Hide against a 2-C avatar of Dagon. Not to mention mundane Magicka and Tonal magic like Thu'um defies conventional laws, so destroying a planet may not work as Dov can escape into tear of reality or transmute an escape pod, so forth. I also search the Imagine Breaker page, I find your assumption is unconvincing for saying it as 1-B. As Ogbunabali say, I feel a lot TAMNN having a lot of salts like saying HR is absolute at doing whatever it touches and I don't see the extent of this Archangel Michael guy at all.

What can angels even do?

Angels are ethereal, non-corporeal existences that reside in another plane of existence. HR can simply go "nah, be killed." and destroy the angels. HR being an "automatic defense and attack with absolute power" has a lot of explanations in-verse.

The op doesn't mention distance and place but... Theres a thing called Standard Battle Assumptions. You are the one biased towards the Dragonborn here. Holy Right is based on the concept of "The powers of the Right Hand within the legends and beliefs of Christianity", which includes the legend of Archangel Michael defeating all the rebel angels with a wave of his hand. By replicating it (Since Fiamma literally carries ridiculous ammounts o Michael's energy and power within him. Brief explanations:

*(Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 20, pg 94-95):

With a smile on his face, Fiamma swung his third arm. It was an exceedingly primitive motion. There was a space of a few dozen meters between them, but that meant nothing to his ridiculous power. But Kamijou charged in from the side towards Fiamma before he could finish the action. "I do not need to..." Fiamma's response was actually quite simple. "...turn around." He changed the trajectory of his arm. As if it were fulfilling its natural role, Kamijou's body was knocked away. It was a primitive strike like swinging a wooden rod, but that was why there could be no doubts about it. Pain ran through Kamijou's organs and even his backbone. But it was odd. That strike had shattered that giant anchor and destroyed the ship itself in a single strike, so it should have smashed a human body to pieces. Perhaps its given role had been automatically selected to emit the perfect amount of power to knock away Kamijou Touma.

*(Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 22, pg 10):

"Did you forget what I announced back in the Elizalina Alliance? My right arm responds to the need, matches to the level of trials and tribulations, and uses the most suitable output. Whether it is an optical weapon or whatever else, nothing can stand up to me."

(Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 22, pg 53):

Your power automatically regulates the strength of your arm's power matching it to the level of difficulty of your enemy. In other words, the stronger the enemy that stands before you, the stronger the power you can draw out.

* Another explanation of what Holy Right Is and its mechanics (Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 16, pg 194):

"That is correct. You could say my right hand has the power to create... miracles." Fiamma slowly moved through the rubble and continued. "The Son of God used his right hand to cure the illnesses of the sick and revive the deceased. It was the right hand which drew the cross and scattered the holy water used for the baptism of Christ. Furthermore, Archangel Michael—the right hand of God—has the distinction of being the greatest weapon in history, having cast down an uncountable number of fallen angels; even Lucifer was defeated when opposed by Archangel Michael. It is such an overwhelming power." The embodiment of the power of the right hand itself. The Holy Right. The red man who embodied fire continued his explanation to the man said to be the greatest in the Roman Catholic Church. "However, the Holy Right possesses such immeasurable power it is not something a mere human can control. The holy water an ordinary follower scatters or the cross they draw with their hand... they possess but a mere shadow of the power the legendary acts they are imitating possessed. Nothing more. Even if performed by a Saint or member of God's Right Seat, all are still of the human body. Understand this, Pope of the Roman Catholic Church: I am still, in the end, merely human. Such a troublesome existence." The man in possession of power far exceeding any "mere human" could yet look down and call himself human. Fiamma spoke to the pope with a bored tone, "To summarize, I possess the miracle of the right hand, but am unable to utilize its full potential. Even with such power, its feats are infantile when compared to their originators. Like recording a modern television program with a black and white television set."

• (Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 20, pg 93)

"It's quite simple. What I possess is not the right arm itself but the power that should reside in the right arm. The right is used in most Christian rituals. Archangel Michael cut down the leader of the fallen angels with his right hand, the Son of God healed the sick with his right hand, the Bible was written with the right hand, and, well, there are many others. In other words, I can freely use a great number of Christian supernatural phenomena. You can figure out the rest. You're not so incompetent you can't do that."

Also, for the ones saying that magic resist can negate HR's OHK, just read this:

"His third arm. It was an exceedingly irregular object that could not be described with just magic or with just science."

• (Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 20, pg 91-92)
He merely swung his right arm lightly. "I do not need destructive force." [...] "If I touch my enemy, it's over, so I don't need to put any effort into destroying them." [...] "I do not need speed." A cold voice cut her off. Forcefully. Exceedingly overwhelming. "If I swing, I hit my enemy, so I don't need to put any effort into hitting them." Kamijou did not know what happened.

• (Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 22, pg 113):

His arm was supposed to be almighty. If he swung it, it would hit, so he had no need for speed. If he hit, the target would be destroyed, so he had no need for destructive power.

@Kong We have went over most of this stuff but Dova isn't "crippled" as you say, he just acts after Fiamma in every secnario. Speed equalized doesn't affect instant abilties/hax. Therefore the strike would end him before he has a chance to use his various Thu'um's and Weapons. Or Fiamma would have already TPed out of his range and could attack cross planet casually. Fiamma's strike will regulate to the output needed to one shot and he out AP's Dova in the High 6-A keys we are using. The 5B/2-C keys of the charcters are irrelivant here. Bias? It's SBA if not defined by OP, it's a city on earth. You seem to be tossing out abilties and random equipments hoping they will stick using a character with no set personality to know whats in charcter or not. We have already discussed Dovakiin is unlikely to bring out anything intially that Fiamma can't deal with before he is defeated.

@Paul To Aru isn't 1-B. IB would be at-least 2-C to 1-C for negating Gungnir's attack and destroying it.

Angels don't seem impressive. Daedras that Dovahkiin casually dealed with are immortal in every sense that 1-A attacks can't exactly kill them forever, so I don't see much the necessity of bringing the Angel part in.

However, I have an issue with "automatic defense and attack with absolute power" as it sounds like NLF. Again, the flowery language speaks absolutely nothing about the power is going to draw out. We see it can destroy a planet, but the continuation of arguing it draws more power as it goes is really unquantifiable. Bringing the whole Christian mythology is unnecessary as Michael is unquantifable and having no profile documented how he used HR extensively.

In regard of magical negation, your bolded sentence is definitely a flowery statement describes nothing what it can do. It is as empty as saying any fictional character is the strongest in all history or all anything, essentially featless. It is also a NLF to say it can negate any type of magic in any fiction, even with Verse Equalisation, which all verses have different system of magic. Importantly, TES magic is reality warping based on semi-4th wall awareness that I doubt your statement on magic negation applies as it doesn't detail how he blocks magic. Naruto has blocking chakra as TES has nullification of Magicka and casual reality warping that often involves precognition and many others. I need to get a grasp on how TAMNN system of magic works before going on this part.

@Zensum

No, I only see a part where you downplay Thu'um with gameplay mechanic. Become Ethereal, in lore, has no cooldown and a form of conceptual manipulation. Using "Therefore the strike would end him before he has a chance to use his various Thu'um's and Weapons" is contradicting the very notion of Speed equalisation, which both characters have the first mover advantage.

When I am saying Dovah is crippled, I refer to how you guys blantantly remove the first mover advantage that should have been guaranteed under Speed equalisation (definition covers all types of speed even speaking or attacking). I forgot to add that Dovah can also TP as well, which it is highly common in the lore while not being in the game. "We have already discussed Dovakiin is unlikely to bring out anything intially that Fiamma can't deal with before he is defeated " part also violates the first mover advantage as I already explained. You assume a crippled Dov standing to do nothing, while Fiamma strikes from elsewhere. That sounds like a speedblitz violating against speed equalisation condition, and not to mention after Fiamma makes the first move, Dovah can easily make his first move of using a single plethora of hax in his disposal. The hero can pull out the Razor, an artifact defies all conventional laws as Space-Time and reality, whips the reality into his will such as removing HR or erasing Fiamma forever. If the hero wants to play more, he can use Become Ethereal and Ebony Mail that allows one slipping into realm of invulnerability to troll Fiamma.

"character with no set personality to know whats in charcter or not" part is not really true as you can read in the profile. Dovahkiin experiences all possibilities at once, AT ONCE. This essentially means he or she perceives and experiences reality or all every scenario that you accused me of tossing out is all true. Under that notion, I have a right of saying that and your discredit does not stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back