• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying that I agree if it is flawed or not, but what I'm saying is that the scaling is consistent with what we already have. I'm saying that if this is flawed, then go and revise everything else, because having one part of Nasu be denying this form of scaling while every other part is supporting it is bad for consistency. A thread debunking this form of scaling as a whole is required, but until then, let's continue using what is currently doctrine

Ok, why should we continue using flawed methods for scaling when we know they are inaccurate? Isn't this wiki striving for accuracy, and should we not try for it as well? I don't understand, we can fix stuff later, but we can save some time by not making more mistakes right now regarding the scaling. The other profiles can be fixed later.

Look, go ahead and make another thread, this is not the place to fight this battle. I'm not about to negate what is, for basically all the other members, a basic assumption of how we scale Nasu characters. A discussion on if Cannibalism is ethical or not, is not the proper place to discuss if Murder in and of itself is wrong. If we are gonna have a long-winded discussion on the legitimacy of this scaling, then let's give it the presence it deserves, instead of just a discussion on a thread about a single singularity, that most people will probably avoid for the sake of spoilers cuz they haven't read it yet. Hell, this topic is probably highlight worthy. So lets get this topic through, accept it is consistent, and then go ahead and make a thread about this kind of scaling in general.

I'm not sure why not using flawed scaling for this instance is unacceptable here, and avoiding the question doesn't help. Just because there might be mistakes elsewhere that people haven't considered doesn't mean we should make an obvious mistake right here and now. So again, why should we accept a scaling chain that has little evidence to show that it is accurate?

Because it is no less flawed than anything else in Nasu scaling. If the other standard forms of nasu scaling is acceptable, then this is acceptable, so until we have proven that standard Nasu scaling is flawed, this flies. If this is a mistake, I wouldn't even call it an obvious mistake, but the discussion that it would take to determine if this is flawed would basically need to be carried out again on that other thread, so let's just get the topic going in another thread. Hell, let's get this resolved and pushed through, and then if and when the standard form of Nasu scaling is debunked, I'll join you in personally overhauling all the profiles to unknown or to a severely lower statistic that need to be changed

This is a mistake because you are using scaling without any supporting evidence. This sort of stuff isn't allowed on other profiles, so why should this be an exception? If the rest of the verse has similar scaling, then it is clear that flawed scaling has been applied a lot in the verse, which doesn't automatically make it OK to use. There is no point in using flawed scaling, so why are you asking people to skip over it for no reason? We can easily fix it now, so what is the problem?

Look, let's just take a vote, get some mods to look it over, and get this shit wrapped up. We are never gonna reach a conclusion here.

Voting, go: Who is okay with the scaling chain, who isn't. Democracy, begin!

The reason we aren't reaching a conclusion is that you seem to want to keep using the flawed scaling despite people objecting to it. If people disagree, then shouldn't there be a discussion about it instead of wanting to rush it ahead without evaluating it properly? I don't get it, does everyone just rush things ahead without getting people to evaluate them and point out if there are any mistakes to be corrected?

it almsot looks like to me that there isn't anymore debate to be made things jsut are running around in circles with the same arguements, and points being made wtih no real "Let up" from either side, if you get what i mean + this has been a thread that has been bumped multiple times, and been here for almost a week.. i don't think its being rushed at this point..

If my vote counts i pretty much agree with everything but neutral on the acausality (not really my speciality of an ability) I do think acausality is there, but im not sure what type of acausality..

Raikou and Kintoki aren't really my favorite characters so i don't invest too much time looking at them... so i'll stay neutral on them and not really have a vote.. but it looks okay with the melting the provinces thing

You can also count the other peoples above who agreed with this revision

And to be fair, we only need staff approval and we are done here

I do think that Regis poses a good point. After deciding on the unrelated stuff, would we want to postpone the scaling chain until that other thread has been sorted out?

No one else has bothered to acknowledge any of the problems brought up. How is this acceptable in any way? Do we just ignore the mistakes and hope for the best or something? Is accuracy not valued at all here? Can't really count people who haven't checked in after saying yes when they don't follow the rest of the discussion.

Veloxt1r0kore said:
You can also count the other peoples above who agreed with this revision
And to be fair, we only need staff approval and we are done here
I think it would probably be best if we just start the voting over for this specific scaling chain, since the other stuff flies for the most part and has enough consistent approval to get added as long as mods are down

Is it a dumpster fire when people dodge your points and avoid coming up with solutions to problems, instead preferring to rush ahead with reasoning that is pretty much unacceptable on the wiki?

Hl3 or bust said:
I saw the scans for the Sword Saints beforehand, so that stuff's a no-brainer
Rest seems fine, although Yagyu scaling to Lion King feels a little bit like guesswork but I can see the thought process behind it
Just like Hl3 said.

Just to be clear, I'm counting the votes only for people who place their votes after it was called, since I'm gonna guess Regis doesn't want people who didn't follow it to this point have their vote count from before hand

Creaturemaster971 said:
I do think that Regis poses a good point. After deciding on the unrelated stuff, would we want to postpone the scaling chain until that other thread has been sorted out?
^ I think this means a Nay as well?

I'm not sure. It seems he more so thinks that the other thread should be resolved before we do this issue, not so much that he disagrees with it completely

Alright.

I will give a yes. But, i will give another word. Scaling chains for Divine Spirits have been problematic and even from fate communities i am in use rl myth as comparison aside from using known Divine Spirits. Most Divine Spirits known so far are top dogs and easily reach high tiers (Skadi, Surtr, Arjuna Alter etc). Saying Raijin is a minor deity honestly sounds like underplaying and maybe even dumb to me as Raijin is a major deity in Shinto, not mentioning he is brother to Amaterasu herself. Let's just say Raijin is "normal" strong DS (Though i will just be honest that sounds stupid even just by scaling and comparison to other major thunder deities known like Indra and Zeus) , then using Raijin as a scale to measure Raikou and Kintoki levels will still yield high tier.

Further to be honest, the "scaling problem" is just becoming a roundabout with both sides just argue with no clear evidence to debunk the other side argumentation. (Still will be honest, i'm leaning to Ia because he actually shows scans to prove his points than just arguing about round and around).

So, yeah, i will say a yes to the OP proposal

Raijin has zero feats of any kind, nor does he have any deity to be compared to, since he's not mentioned a lot when DSs are compared so how can you accept scaling to the LK when the LK isn't compared to him? You can't just say he's as strong as ____ and not give any proof, Makkurona. If you don't have any proof, why bother making an argument and trying to pass it off as logical?

Regis, for the love of ****. We've reached our end point. I look forward to your thread of getting all of Nasu scaling overhauled, where the profiles on this thread will be a drop in the title wave of change. Until then, go link your friends this thread and get yourself some supporters to vote

This feels more like ignoring the problems with the very important scaling that you're using to rate a couple of characters in the OP and wishing for everyone to just vote blindly to push it through rather than being willing to sit down, discuss and adjust a few things here and there. Sure, it's an end point when one side decides not to talk anymore or give more proof and instead moves on quickly to push it through. It's not like I've seen anyone else make much comments of substance other than Lancelot or Makkurona, the rest have just been repeating what you've been repeating for a while without considering what I've pointed out over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back