• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Featured Matchup 2! Lightning VS Zygarde

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not like there arent bosses who change their elemental weakness in the FF series. Can anyone give the score?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I guess Takumi Aiba's Digimon with the Master Barrier are resistant to Stop now due to it half-nulling all Cyber Sleuth Statuses. See the issue here Cal? If we allow this, then we would have to allow it for every RPG. In which we do not.
Problem is, yes, I would think that. It's statuses. I'd think that with Cloud's ribbon, too. Most vs debating sites think that. If it's treated as a status here, then it's status effect inducement. Period. We're literally arguing semantics. If it were say, Hit or Link? No. It's a weakness for the verse that made it status effects in the first place.

@Overlord. AP gal is not as high as you think. Zygarde at 100% dwarfs his 50% form who is equal to Mega Mewtwo who dwarfs his base form who is equal to Deoxys who is equal with Mega Rayquaza who dwarfs his base form who is superior to Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre who dwarf their base forms who are moon level casually. We just can't put pluses unless it's from calcs.

Odin flies after him, Thousand Arrows. He's grounded for the rest of the match.

What you're not seeing here is that Lightning has literally .1% of the range Zygarde has at her best. And honest question, can Lightning even move in Stopga? Actually asking. Didn't play the game. It stops friends and foes alike. It's main purpose in that game is to reset the ATB of an enemy.

Now I'm just waiting for people to slap a Type to Lightning (inb4 Electric type) and reason from there. Not the first time it has happened.

It's funny how here Pokemon are treated as in both a game when game terms benefit them, and as an anime when it benefits for other things.

BoomeYang said:
I love how people keep mentioning Camouflage to remove his weakness, when Lightning not only has several elemental attacks, but also spells that can cripple Zygarde's resistaces to said elemental attacks.
It's a matter of removing a crippling weakness. Say Zygarde becomes rock type. Even if she made all of her attacks neutral, unless she's doing water, steel, grass, or fighting damage, she's not doing 2x damage.

We are not most vs debating sites are we. Like I said we do not accept that unless you make a thread to prove it.

BoomeYang said:
Now I'm just waiting for people to slap a Type to Lightning (inb4 Electric type) and reason from there. Not the first time it has happened.

It's funny how here Pokemon are treated as in both a game when game terms benefit them, and as an anime when it benefits for other things.
Nice strawman. I've created an accepted blog that says that it's a one-way street. Pokémon get hit super-effectively or not-very effectively, but not vice versa. Charizard would do the same damage on Juvia and Gajeel from Fairy Tail, but not vice versa.

@BoomeYang Basically this. Camouflage changes the typing of the Pokemon based on the surroundings, so while Zygarde may remove his quad-weakness to ice, he potentially gains another set of elemental weaknesses. I'll go with Lightning with her more variety of moves, her ability to summon Odin and double up on Zygarde, her gravity manipuation and teleportation. Also, isn't her time manipulation only reserved for her Etro's Knight and Savior forms?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
We are not most vs debating sites are we. Like I said we do not accept that unless you make a thread to prove it.
Not entirely sure the burden of proof is on me here, bud.

@Cal They start at 4 km of each other. Zygarde wont be able to take advantage becausw lightning can cross that.

You are the one making the claim that Safeguard suddenly goes through time stop. So yes, it is on you.

Yes Lightning can move in Stopga.

No, again if he hasn't shown the ability to resist time stop, then he doesn't resist time stop, it being a status effect doesn't mean anything.

"X character has never shown to resist time stop, but since Y character uses it as a status affect X can resist it"

Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds? It's also an NLF to say that he ca resist any status affect from any verse with this, which is exactly what you're arguing.

Not entirely sure the burden of proof is on me here, bud.

Safe Guard magically resisting anything that is a status effect regardless of what it is?

Yes, it's on you. Those who make the claim prove the claim or it's wrong, not otherwise.

If that's true, @Gar, then the inverse oils be said as well. For example, x character can't take poison status despite having poison immunity because it's a status effect. Don't even know why we're having this argument anymore since PaChi said it's not a status in FF XIII.

@Dragon, if I'm the one sticking to the status quo with most debating sites, then the burden of proof shouldn't be on me. But still, see above.

This match is between a knife with many abilities and a sniper rifle. Zygarde flies kilometers in the air, he's not being touched, Stopga or not. Even if she sends Odin after him, Thousand Arrows sends him to the ground permanently.

You brought up the whole Safeguard bypasses Stopga crap.

Once again we are not most debating sites. Stop bringing that up. That's Appeal to Popularity.

Once again, you are assuming Light cannot catch him via teleportation before he gets away. You are truly downplaying Lightining capabilities and it is really ticking me off as you continue to assume she can't catch up to him before he flies away, or when he starts flying, she stops time.

Mh, The teleportation is automatic or does she need to charge the abilitie?

Also how many times she can resurrect?

@Dragon. You're comparing high level abilities to something as simple as flight. This isn't like Link or Mega Man where the purpose of the game is to be efficient and puzzle solve and use all of your abilities. That's not the case here, or in most situations. Otherwise, "in character" wouldn't be a thing. Most people don't lead with time stop and/or teleport spam. Most people do use flight. iirc, Lighting is primarily a swordfighter. Also, remember that this is a match between a fictional pink haired goddess and a fictional Cell ripoff. No need to get ticked over something so trivial.

@Ever. Not accepted yet.

Finally back...

Can someone PLEASE tell what's Light's Teleport range? Does it reach thousand of kilometers which is Zygarde's range?

Also, explain how Odin can reach Zyg when he's kilometers above ground. Can Odin fly somehow? If so, why isn't it on the profile?

Gargoyle One said:
May I ask what makes you think that Lightning won't time stop when she sees him fly away?
Has she done something like that before? If not, then the point is moot. Most characters here aren't like say, BB, who'd hax from the getgo.

She would because it's common sense. Hey, the giant green thing is flying away, better stop him from getting away. Simple as that.

What Cal said. Yes, the characters are serious about winning, but that doesn't mean that they suddenly act out-of-character. If Light doesn't start fights with time spells and teleport spam, then there's no reason why she'd do so here.

At the same time everything is reactionary. Based on what Character A does, Character B will act differently.

Hopefully not wrong.

Lightning: 10 (Sins, Gargoyle, Dragon, Weirdo, BoomYang, Newdingo, Knight, Damned of Salvation, Rin, Pachi)

This good?

And were we not assuming that Zygarde would just use safeguard. conveniently at the start? By your logic, Zygarde wouldn't do that.

Problem is, Dragon, it's not. Using one ability out of a myriad of other abilities with the same range, with many that gets damage done, isn't likely. Again, most characters don't time stop from the getgo. And from what I've seen, Lightning, not most FF characters, do.

Not to mention that Stopga also has the same range as the rest of her magics, and with the 4km SBA starting distance, she has to catch up to even use it.

The real cal howard said:
@Dragon. You're comparing high level abilities to something as simple as flight. This isn't like Link or Mega Man where the purpose of the game is to be efficient and puzzle solve and use all of your abilities. That's not the case here, or in most situations. Otherwise, "in character" wouldn't be a thing. Most people don't lead with time stop and/or teleport spam. Most people do use flight. iirc, Lighting is primarily a swordfighter.
What does this have to do with anything? You are literally ignoring the fact that Light has a counter to Zygarde gaining distance by bringing up 2 character who have absolutely nothing to do with this with the nature of this argument. And Lightning is a sword fighter who naturally uses magic normally.

I agree everything is reactionary. In the same way Light would teleport if Zygarde starts rushing in the sky, Zygarde would protect himself with Safeguard and Camouflage after noticing the status-inflicting and ice powers. It becomes based on adaptability. But would realistically Light teleport on the 1st second the fight starts?

Again, for the 5th time, what is her Teleport range?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back