• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Featured Matchup 2! Lightning VS Zygarde

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScarletFirefly

VS Battles
Retired
Introduction

Welcome again to another Featured Matchup. This time the combatants are Lightning (the winner from the last poll), the human branded as L'Cie and Zygarde, the legendary Pokemon guarding the ecosytem.

Please direct any questions you may have to my wall.

The Matchup! Lightning VS Zygarde

Zygardevslightning

Lightning's Profile: 13 Votes -> Damned Salvation, Rin Rokudo, Gargoyle One, BoomeYang, Knight of Aether, PaChi2, Dragonmasterxyz, JustSomeWeirdo, Overlord775, Scarletmoon56, KinkiestSins, Sage God Slayer, Golem Guy (Neo)

Zygarde's Profie: 8 Votes -> The real cal howard Cal switched his vote to Lightning but didn't technically give a reason so..., TISSG7Redgrave, GoldenScorpions, ArbitraryNumbers, LephyrTheRevanchist, ZeedMillenniummon89, GimmyJibbsJr, DarkDragonMedeus

• Versions used are L'Cie Lightning and Complete Zygarde
  • Speed is Equalized
  • Both fighters are serious about winning
JUST A WARNING TO ALL!

I will not be counting one sentence votes, votes agreeing to them or any votes that only list a character's abilities while completely ignoring the other character.

Almost forgot, people saying for reasons above MUST specify what reasosn they agree with, otherwise, I will not count that either.

How to Vote For the Next Character
You can vote for the next character to be featured in the upcoming matchup by going to this poll . Some options are already provided, but users have the freedom to add their own answers by clicking OTHER. Please do not insert duplicate answers as they will not be counted.

Disclaimer: We are not affiliated in any way with the polling website. The staff behind this project holds the right to change the participants of the matchups if the need arises and to ensure variety. Credit for the versus template go to AtomicMonkey4Life.

^If that's so....

Lightning wins, Arceus, which is infinitely above Zygarde, was hurt by a meteor. ovo

Should've been Lightning vs Midna ovo

In all seriousness, I'd give it to Zygarde, high diff. Blizzaga would cripple him. Hard. However, Camoflauge is on the table. Also, given flight, that range advantage, and status moves for buffing and debuffing, and the danmaku of Thousand Arrows, Zygarde could take flight, power up, and carpet bomb.

Lightning wins cause she is waifu material OVO

Well i think Zygarde barely wins with his slightly better hax and camoflauge will help him get around unseen

I give it to Zygarde. Camouflage can remove its ice weakness, Safeguard renders all status effects ineffective, Coil & Dragon Dance can continuously boost its stats, Flight, Danmaku via Thousand Arrows, and huge range advantage. Lightning will eventually run out of energy, so spamming Arise isn't much of an option, and her regen isn't strong enough to recover the damage taken.

Ah cool, these matchups again.

@The real cal howard

You're getting way ahead of yourself mon ami. Blizzaga would cripple him yes, but Lightning has several other ice type moves which Zygarde takes double damage from.

Lightning can also get around Thousand Arrows quite easily as she can teleport or cast Quake to send Zygarde high into the air and interrupting his attack. She can get around it as well by casting Magnet and pulling the attacks away from her or the highly more effective move, Steelguard. The more attacks it block, the more potent it becomes. Seeing as Thousand Arrows relies on high number projectiles to deal damage, Steelguard is a hard counter to it.

She can also drop Zygarde's other elemental resistances by casting Imperil, effectively making him susceptible to all kinds of elemental damage.

Can't Zygarde just snipe Lightning with core enforcer (that would also remove lightning's passive abilities) considering that Lightning's range is hundreds of metters, meanwhile Zygarde's range is thousands of kilometers ?

While Zygarde does have a 4x weakness to Ice, Lightning doesn't know that, and it'll take her some time to figure out his weakness. After taking a few hits, he should be able to discern her as a threat and use his Power Nullification.

But then again, Lightning has probably defeated many colossal monsters that are very similar to Zygarde, so she shouldn't have too much trouble.

I'd say Zygarde, but it could easily be a toss up.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
he should be able to discern her as a threat and use his Power Nullification.
zygarde power nullification doesn't do that. he can only removes passive abilities and flight

Can't Zygarde just snipe Lightning with core enforcer (that would also remove lightning's passive abilities) considering that Lightning's range is hundreds of metters, meanwhile Zygarde's range is thousands of kilometers ?

Lightning can easily get rid of that with Esuna, which she can also use to remove the status buffs from Zygarde as well.

"While Zygarde does have a 4x weakness to Ice, Lightning doesn't know that, and it'll take her some time to figure out his weakness."

That time will be shorter than you think. A lot of Lightning's moves incorporate several elemental affinities so it won't take long at all to figure out the weakness. And as said, she can weaken his elemtal resitance to other elements as well.

I'm going with Lightning.

@Rin

Zygarde has Safeguard for that.

Also, would Thousand Waves stop Teleportation? Because that would severally cripple Lightning.

@Rin how is Esuna stopping Zygarde from sniping Lightining with Energy beams ? and how's she going to attack zygarde if he's 4 kilometers above her (litterally) ?

Camouflage won't get rid of his elemtal weakness because they're fightning in New York. He cannot take Ice properties there.

Esuna will remove the status ailments so she gets her abilities back.

She can teleport to Zygarde's location therefore rendering the distance advantage moot.

Also what answer does Zygarde have to Lightning's Eidolon, Odin? He is as powerful as her and can inflict huge damage. This on top on ignoring durability with Penetratio and reviving Lightning if she dies. It can also fly in it's Gestalt mode. It can also draw all attakcs to himself therefore leaving Lightning completely free to do what she wants without getting bothered.

I doubt Esuna would cure her from Core Enforcer's effect. Esuna removes status effects and Core Enforcer doesn't inflict status, it nullifies abilities. I don't remember Esuna being capable of bringing back powers that have disappeared/been disabled.

@Rin

He doesn't need to take ice properties to get resistant against Ice, tho'. And again, if Thousand Waves works against Teleport, she's almost done for. The question is, would she be capable of summoning Odin before Zygarde defeats her. And also, what's to stop Zygarde from just hammering on Odin? Thousand Arrows to both. Plus, how much time those it takes to summon him?

And again, if Thousand Waves works against Teleport, she's almost done for.

Huh? Why would Thousand Waves work against her? She's not fleeing battle, she can teleport in his vicinity and wreck him up.

The question is, would she be capable of summoning Odin before Zygarde defeats her.

Nothing is stopping her. It's just another ability.

What's to stop Zygarde from just hammering on Odin?

The fact that Oding is comparable to Lightning and can deal multiple elemental damages while also ignoring invulnerability in the meantime.

Plus, how much time those it takes to summon him?

Nothing, she just summons a crystal and shatters it, releasing him.

Also going with Lightning. She has a shit ton more moves than Zygarde and they have a ridiculously high versatility.

Odin is just overkill with Penetration. Zantetsuken as well.

@Rin

Because other pokemon moves does the same thing and can nullify Teleport. Mean Look, for example.

And how much time does it takes to summon the crystal, then shatter it? While she's doing that, Thousand Arrows is raining on her.

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
@Rin
Because other pokemon moves does the same thing and can nullify Teleport. Mean Look, for example.

And how much time does it takes to summon the crystal, then shatter it? While she's doing that, Thousand Arrows is raining on her.
That's because the Teleport in pokemon is used to escape from wild pokemon. So...yeah.

The same time as it takes to cast any other of her abilities. She can redirect Thousand Arrows with Magnet and summon Odin.

^That.

Also as was mentioned, using Thousand Arrows is insanely foolish, it will just feed SteelGuard, effectively making it a shield Zygarde cannot bypass anymore.

Odin seems to be mainly using lightning attacks. Zygarde is immune to lightning attacks.

And yes, Camouflage will remove his elemental weakness. Considering they are fighting in New York, he can easily switch between Steel, Rock, Grass (Central Park), Flying and Ground typing again.

@Rin

Haze removes statistic amplification, though I don't know if that would work against SteelGuard.

We could discuss a thousand (arrows ovo) scenarios, so it comes on what is the more likely. For me, is Zygarde winning ('cus I'm a biased unhappy person ovo).

That's because the Teleport in pokemon is used to escape from wild pokemo

In the games only, yes. But when actually used in battle, outside of game aspects (whether it's the movies, anime or manga), the move Teleport... works like any other teleport ability. Thousand Arrows disables it

ScarletFirefly said:
Almost forgot, people saying for reasons above MUST specify what reasosn they agree with, otherwise, I will not count that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back