• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@Rububle

I mean, if we decide that it is more consistent that they do bypass durability then I will support it, but it is mostly due to Excalibur never really being portrayed that way. Swords portrayed as comparable do not bypass durability, although some have other special effects to them. While almost all of them vaporize, I took it as a bonus effect that Excalibur also attacks the atoms of its target to be able to somewhat prevent Regenerationn and cause a more total destruction. While I do not think the atoms are destroyed persay, it does specifically "scorch every atom." She is not pulling a Killer Queen or anything like that

There are probabaly other times, but that is the time that it is most clear and it is what usually gets cited. It doesn't come up many other times because she doesn't usually fight foes that atomization would kill them any more than vaporizing them would. Hence why I am not sure that they bypass durability. Nothing contradicts its atomization tho

Actually, only in that scene is stated that it attacks atoms and even is inconsistent because it says something like "the beam of light vaporized the river and atomized the monster" so it doesn't make sence, now i'll try to find the souce but it's gonna take a while

"Ex calibur!!!

Light galloped.
Light roared.

The prana, accelerated by the factor of the released dragon, became a streak of light, a swirling and surging torrent that devoured the sea demon together with the dark night.
A silent scream rose withi the river water evaporating in an instant, as every single atom composing the body of the giant sea demon that had been the embodiment of terror were exposed to the scorching impact.
But in the center of the sea demon being completely burnt to cinders
, within a fortress of bulky defiled flesh, Caster simply wordlessly watched over this moment of white blinding annihilation which had stolen his heart.

[...]

Just what, have I

Before this murmur, directed at no one, left his mouth, all matter was brought into another world, annihilated by the white light."

I smell that is just flowery language, I mean, it says vaporization, scorching and atomization.

DMB 1 said:
Excalibur atomizing should be considered hax, or else that feat would end up being High 6-B to High 6-A.
I think that you are confusing it with subatomic destruction.

Atomization isn't that far above vaporization in terms of energy required

Rin The Dragon Empress said:
Well if it's only stated once then it's somewhat inconsistent. If there's more statements of atomization then it should be legit.
Something not being mentioned doesn't mean it is contradicted. It is uncontradicted so far as I know

I know, but still it is inconsistent because it says scorching, vaporization and atomization, so we can't use the thing with the higher end just because you like it, also, in most sources it says vaporization, so that should be used

I am aware, but if I read that thing right Kiritsugu just settled down some boat so he could mitigate the effects of Excalibur. But if it is that same Excalibur, does that mean it pretty much punched through Caster's massive monster after vaping it fully, kept on going, hit the boat and the residual energy that dispersed was enough to vap the river too? This without mentioning whatever happened to the boat.

Of course, I am kind of doubting it so I was curious what was the full context.

Also, I always wondered where in size range would the massive horror fall as in the Novel illustrations, it towers damn high over even the big Fuyuki bridge while still having a chunk submerged in a deep river.

So what are the conclusions here so far?

Okay. You can ask a few calc group members for help via their message walls if you wish.

Escanor998 said:
I know, but still it is inconsistent because it says scorching, vaporization and atomization, so we can't use the thing with the higher end just because you like it, also, in most sources it says vaporization, so that should be used
Vaporization is what she does to the river, and what the baseline effect of that kind of sword is. Atomization is how they directly attack the atoms, and scorching is the direct damage. Its not that hard

a quick question, can the activation of vasavi shakti be calculated?, because that could give us a an idea of the durability of servants on Siegfried's tier like Artoria

It wouldn't really work for dura anyway since Armor of Fafnir nerfs stuff by B rank. We'd need it to actually do damage to him to say anything.

Ok

Another question, why there isn't a key of Full Powered Excalibur rated at At least 5-B, Likely 5-A? I mean, against planetary threats its strength rises exponentially, for example it (supposedly) One-Shotted the White Titan in the Extraverse

Also, what's the whole point of a blade that can save the planet if it hasn't enough power?

Well, I was comparing it more so to the fact that Balmung should at least be greater than just the heat that comes off of the activation of VS since it can divert part of the great blast by virtue of root laws and all that. It didn't come out to much anyway

She was still stregthing and summon by the Counter Force I assume since she wouldn't of been alive at that point.

Back